¿QQué Hora Es? - Official WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also FWIW, I wanted a nice simple vanillager role after last game. But got chaos, so it is what it is.

My original win condition was just to stay alive to end game. I asked them to up the ante a little bit and make the condition a bit more difficult

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
And I've seen chaos be able to be converted to wolf before, which, again, IMO is a game design flaw but doesn't mean others agree and it could be in play in a game.
:whistle:

still think it was beautifully canon in Pokemon.
That's great for you, this game, but doesn't apply to other games. In general, chaos should be lynched when possible as they can take away a win and sometimes muck with the game.
Not saying it's not usually right to remove non-villager elements. I just think it's blatantly more fun if you take each game on its own and decide based on information instead of a blanket "LYNCH EVERYTHING NON VILLAGE." You'll lose because of it sometimes. But who cares? The enjoyment is in the chase.

That is why I generally don't give everything away. Learned that in the pokemon game. People just trust people too much! I didn't really have anything to lose sharing (1/2 of) my ability with snowy. Glad I picked her to share it with, sad ya'll took her away from me and left me with no one to talk to. Felt that was pretty intentional anyway.
Yeah, I only like sharing my ability when it's either used up (e.g. Rezzer) or it's only useful if people know what it is (like in this game where I could post things in the write up). Otherwise, it's like:
dfb6f84fcd22a84d0c4d109bb225f088.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Also FWIW, I wanted a nice simple vanillager role after last game. But got chaos, so it is what it is.

My original win condition was just to stay alive to end game. I asked them to up the ante a little bit and make the condition a bit more difficult
So originally you were basically neutral (as long as your win didn't exclude the wolves or villagers from winning). If you wanted a vanillager role, why not just stick with the neutral? :p

So originally you were basically neutral (as long as your win didn't exclude the wolves or villagers from winning). If you wanted a vanillager role, why not just stick with the neutral? :p
I was already deep in there already by getting the role, might as well make it more interesting M

@hygebeorht don't get too down on yourself -- you had some really freaking fantastic & logical posts in this game. I have wanted you dead for many days.

Thanks I guess. I've felt clueless the whole time. Just did my best.

Hyge, I'm glad I died for you instead of LIS. LIS wanted to die/avoid end game, and you were pretty good at the end.

I don't know if you got to choose who you died for, but I appreciated it. It didn't take long for me to decide that despite the lynch train that kept getting pushed on you, you probably were a villager.

FWIW I was actually out drinking all freaking day. Last night in the combined chaos-wolf chat we were ALL drunk, and poor PBC was desperately trying to make us make decisions so she could close early, lol.

Wait so chaos gets to be in wolf chat?! I was chaos in my last game and I sure didn't. I really don't get a lot of the game mechanics.

WHY did you make up results for that diary if you were supposedly playing for village?! IDC about the immortal chaos BS but I had to ignore all my twitchiness over Pippy because I believed the item!

So WTF did MOD stand for? Member of the dead was what I was working from.

Wait so chaos gets to be in wolf chat?! I was chaos in my last game and I sure didn't. I really don't get a lot of the game mechanics.
He wasn't in the official wolf chat, but since they were all in the same group they could chat with each other once Trilt was converted and STL went full team wolf.

I don't know if you got to choose who you died for, but I appreciated it. It didn't take long for me to decide that despite the lynch train that kept getting pushed on you, you probably were a villager.

we made a pseudo wolf chat, outside of the actual wolf chat.

Trying not to let my delicate feelings be hurt but I am a very delicate flower. I wish the last day was longer, I was really beginning to put the pieces together then BAM! Game done. It is what it is. Fun game, time to return to life.

Memories of dulcinea ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Trying not to let my delicate feelings be hurt but I am a very delicate flower. I wish the last day was longer, I was really beginning to put the pieces together then BAM! Game done. It is what it is. Fun game, time to return to life.
You did fantastically. You were the only one really pushing against the lynch yesterday, and had good insights the entire game. You were someone village-me argued for a lot because you were smart and making sense, combined with the solid role.

Muertos (or dead)

I just chose the nights to use my ability, I just happened to chose to use it the night you were attacked. I was going to be gone all day Saturday, so figured it was a good time to go. Plus it seemed there was no convincing some of you that I wasn't a wolf. Not surprising those 2 weren't village.

You did fantastically. You were the only one really pushing against the lynch yesterday, and had good insights the entire game. You were someone village-me argued for a lot because you were smart and making sense, combined with the solid role.
Well thanks. It was fun! And you played a very good wolf convert. Thanks for talking me through a lot of the mechanics too. You could have just screwed with me the whole time, would have been well within your role.

I just chose the nights to use my ability, I just happened to chose to use it the night you were attacked. I was going to be gone all day Saturday, so figured it was a good time to go. Plus it seemed there was no convincing some of you that I wasn't a wolf. Not surprising those 2 weren't village.
Can I ask what the rationale was though? In all seriousness, I was slightly confused, although I know you certainly have your reasons. Just want to see where the Disconnect was

Also, it was nice of Trilt to push to keep me around day 1. If I had been lynched right away two games in a row I might not have tried a third game. At that time you didn't know I wasn't a wolf.

Can I ask what the rationale was though? In all seriousness, I was slightly confused, although I know you certainly have your reasons. Just want to see where the Disconnect was
Can you not see the rationale of not wanting the wolves to know when I was going to use it? I used it most nights, then there was the string of no-kills, so I stopped using it. I was actively participating and trying to game solve, so I didn't see how I was somehow less useful then someone with a power role since plenty of games have been won by villagers even though power roles were lost in the beginning. I'd take an active player who is trying to game solve with no ability over an inactive player who isn't participating/game solving. People rely too much on power roles, which is why I prefer basics games.

Also, trilt, why didn't you put it out on thread that pippy was blocked on a no kill night? The game could have been over that day if people realized she was likely wolf.

Mods I'm curious about WM ability? How much did role names do?

Can you not see the rationale of not wanting the wolves to know when I was going to use it? I used it most nights, then there was the string of no-kills, so I stopped using it. I was actively participating and trying to game solve, so I didn't see how I was somehow less useful then someone with a power role since plenty of games have been won by villagers even though power roles were lost in the beginning. I'd take an active player who is trying to game solve with no ability over an inactive player who isn't participating/game solving. People rely too much on power roles, which is why I prefer basics games.

Also, trilt, why didn't you put it out on thread that pippy was blocked on a no kill night? The game could have been over that day if people realized she was likely wolf.
Village-me ****ed up. I even specifically lied to Pippy that it would only block ability (because my item boosted ability, then blocked all night actions). I was just caught up in the thought that there was probably a conversion and Pippy was reading strong village between her ability and voting on FB's lynch... just kinda slipped my mind. It wasn't until later when I read through the wolf chat that I went CRAP!! I actually caught one! and kicked myself hard.

No one ever lets me live when I'm outed or suspected chaos. I was very put out with how much buzz was going around but no one was lynching STL. Heck, I'm even lynched because I like chaos roles. You guys. :rolleyes:

@SnowshoeDog143 Ny would have been tracked by @LetItSnow N1 and he would have seen who committed the kill if you hadn't been protecting Ny that night. And then you protected Pippy N2. You protected both living wolves before you ever protected a villager. :p

@SnowshoeDog143 Ny would have been tracked by @LetItSnow N1 and he would have seen who committed the kill if you hadn't been protecting Ny that night. And then you protected Pippy N2. You protected both living wolves before you ever protected a villager. :p

**** I did quite a fine job keeping wolves alive this game. Someone else should have gotten the day vig gun and killed me that day :smack:

Names and role descriptions were made separately and then randomly put together (except masons). Complete coincidence that the 3 you picked up on made sense

Really? Those 3 even all came from the same book! It drove me crazy thinking they was hints, so the others must be too.

Really? Those 3 even all came from the same book! It drove me crazy thinking they was hints, so the others must be too.
I put the names on our name list but that was it. The roles were a separate list and then I think Coop just went down the list in order to put names to roles. When you pointed it out I went back and looked at our planning. PBC didn't want people to be able to pick out wolves based on name or description

I was so sad @Filly Bay died D1. :(

Also, awesome co-mods are awesome! :biglove: Coop, SAR, Guis, and Kara were the best, most hilarious and clever mods ever. They wrote your role names and descriptions and most abilities. Also, y'all would have had to wait forever for night results if Coop wasn't so on top of things. :love:

Reactions: 5 users
I was so sad @Filly Bay died D1. :(

Also, awesome co-mods are awesome! :biglove: Coop, SAR, Guis, and Kara were the best, most hilarious and clever mods ever. They wrote your role names and descriptions and most abilities. Also, y'all would have had to wait forever for night results if Coop wasn't so on top of things. :love:

Everyone is grateful I don't care about my job lol!

So I will explain my rationale in how I played for those interested.

I played village with trilt all the way up until taking out Nyanko. Apparently, I was spot on with pippy, but she was having a bad day, and I backed off for that day. She messaged me that night admitting she was the last wolf and asked me to help her.

My options at that point were to ruin the game and tell everyone pippy was a wolf, pretend I didn't see it and avoid all convos on pippy, or play along and make it a more exciting game. I voted to do the latter. I was playing with trilt all game and didn't want to betray her at that point. So I told pippy my contingency to working with her was to convert trilt. And hence what happened.

So.... yet another game where Chaos gets in the position of potentially ruining the game?

(Referring back to the game STL just about blew his head over when I was "sorta" converted as Chaos.)

This is why I'm just not a fan of chaos .... too many mods just can't implement it so that it's fun, interesting, a little chaotic, but not *potentially* game-breaking.

I love that Trilt was given a convert-or-die choice. Love it. (Don't like that the converting wolf had multiple tries, but whatever. That's ok.)

And, STL being chaos is another reason I really think you should lynch him when he gets rolling too much with his Secret Agent game. Any time the game is being 'directed' by a small core of people with 'secret' knowledge ... be suspicious. Remember that the *majority* of players are villagers. Maybe give him a few days to produce results, but if he isn't producing, you need to get his ass lynched to make sure he wasn't screwing with you the whole time. Like this game. I've tried to say that before, but people just keep falling for the "just trust me; I've got behind-the-scenes info" line... partly because sometimes he's being truthful. But sometimes he's being truthful AND screwing with you. So quit falling for it.

Nice game, Trilt. Slickly played as a convert. I figured I made a mistake decision to throw my hat in with you, but by then it was too late. Very nicely done.

Reactions: 9 users

From a village perspective, I don't see the rationale. Or rather, I see it, but I think the value of using it every night outweighs the value in confusing the wolves.

Lots of people - me included - still felt you were sketchy. So that just threw a big wrench into the works by occupying attention when it shouldn't have. In break-an-egg language, you were an egg that needed breaking, and it just kept getting dragged out. Would have been better to use your ability, die, be proved a villager, so people could re-focus.

I mean, I understand that it is hard (when you're a villager) to accept that dying might be the right thing. But if you're seriously confusing people .... it really is better sometimes just to die and be proved a villager.

If you can guarantee somehow that the wolves don't kill anyone at all, that's better than not dying, even if you perpetuate some confusion. Numbers trump anything else. But if <someone> has to die at night (when presumably it's going to be a not-wolf), then it might as well be someone who is gumming up the works.

So.... yet another game where Chaos gets in the position of potentially ruining the game?

(Referring back to the game STL just about blew his head over when I was "sorta" converted as Chaos.)

This is why I'm just not a fan of chaos .... too many mods just can't implement it so that it's fun, interesting, a little chaotic, but not *potentially* game-breaking.

I love that Trilt was given a convert-or-die choice. Love it. (Don't like that the converting wolf had multiple tries, but whatever. That's ok.)

And, STL being chaos is another reason I really think you should lynch him when he gets rolling too much with his Secret Agent game. Any time the game is being 'directed' by a small core of people with 'secret' knowledge ... be suspicious. Remember that the *majority* of players are villagers. Maybe give him a few days to produce results, but if he isn't producing, you need to get his ass lynched to make sure he wasn't screwing with you the whole time. Like this game. I've tried to say that before, but people just keep falling for the "just trust me; I've got behind-the-scenes info" line... partly because sometimes he's being truthful. But sometimes he's being truthful AND screwing with you. So quit falling for it.

Nice game, Trilt. Slickly played as a convert. I figured I made a mistake decision to throw my hat in with you, but by then it was too late. Very nicely done.
I did a lot of yelling about the Secret Agent Man stuff in dead and spectator chat, but I didn't want to influence the game much so tried to be more subtle with the shade on thread.

And then he started helping my wolf pup so I let it go...mostly :p

Village-me ****ed up. I even specifically lied to Pippy that it would only block ability (because my item boosted ability, then blocked all night actions). I was just caught up in the thought that there was probably a conversion and Pippy was reading strong village between her ability and voting on FB's lynch... just kinda slipped my mind. It wasn't until later when I read through the wolf chat that I went CRAP!! I actually caught one! and kicked myself hard.
:yeahright::yeahright::yeahright: Lynch trilt :yeahright::yeahright::yeahright:

Reactions: 3 users
From a village perspective, I don't see the rationale. Or rather, I see it, but I think the value of using it every night outweighs the value in confusing the wolves.

Lots of people - me included - still felt you were sketchy. So that just threw a big wrench into the works by occupying attention when it shouldn't have. In break-an-egg language, you were an egg that needed breaking, and it just kept getting dragged out. Would have been better to use your ability, die, be proved a villager, so people could re-focus.

I mean, I understand that it is hard (when you're a villager) to accept that dying might be the right thing. But if you're seriously confusing people .... it really is better sometimes just to die and be proved a villager.

If you can guarantee somehow that the wolves don't kill anyone at all, that's better than not dying, even if you perpetuate some confusion. Numbers trump anything else. But if <someone> has to die at night (when presumably it's going to be a not-wolf), then it might as well be someone who is gumming up the works.
I really thought I was going to die the first night I used my ability, then of course it would happen the next night, but no. And I guess after the whole question thing, I thought people finally believed I wasn't a wolf/I was telling the truth, and we had 2 no kill nights, so I didn't use it because I didn't think I was a question for MOST people at that point. So, yeah, I didn't use it. I also don't feel bad that I didn't sacrifice myself for you, and in my mind, it all worked out well doing it the way I did.

I was still village when you were moved over and started playing with me and you were sketching me the **** out trusting me, tbh. Right before I was converted I came up with this lovely idea that maybe one of the two trackers was wolfy and started really eyeballing you and KC. Then we killed you just as my item mostly cleared KC, and I had to ghost a little on her lynch because I'd been defending her pretty well behind the scenes because of my bible doing what it was supposed to do.

Chaos had no special ability that was horrendously game breaking this game, STL just played it well. He was upfront about being chaos and if people pushed, I was upfront about knowing it and having verified his win condition as village-leaning. Also, he produced results... he got Ny lynched mid-game and was playing really well for village before realizing Pippy was the last wolf and failing to convert. I think he played fantastically chaotic.

Also, how could I possibly turn down conversion when it was offered by this little dude? He was even a three toed sloth, as we know all sloth-wolves should be:

IJ3tB2g.png

Reactions: 4 users