2008-2009 Cornell Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey hey hey

that was a pretty nice email to receive.

I am pleased.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the acceptance email too - so excited about Cornell!! I definitely didn't think we'd hear until March sometime, this is a great surprise...

Might be withdrawing from some other schools and just waiting on my other top choices now!

Members don't see this ad :)
Part of me wishes I knew your last names to see if they are sending these things in some sort of order... Congrats to all the admitted people!

Just got the acceptance email too - so excited about Cornell!! I definitely didn't think we'd hear until March sometime, this is a great surprise...

Might be withdrawing from some other schools and just waiting on my other top choices now!
was it just now? or earlier this morning?

did everyone who got accepted today also get a link to the accepted student's website? there's a schedule for second look weekend on there! it looks like it's going to be fun!

did everyone who got accepted today also get a link to the accepted student's website? there's a schedule for second look weekend on there! it looks like it's going to be fun!
when is it?

I hope/assume this isn't the last of the acceptances? Or I'll convince myself of that at least to feel better. Stress is not fun.

Surely there are more acceptances going out :(

(or not).

not sure, but I wan't expecting on anything being released for a couple more weeks.

ooooooooook who's gonna call? :eek: not i!

Members don't see this ad :)
wait do you really think they didn't all go out together and there are more acceptances left? Or am I just grabbing onto that shred of hope because i'm so disappointed that I'm not among the fortunate ranks of people hear who got emails today.

:highfive:
OMG!! I GOT ACCEPTED TOO!!!! THE WAIT WASN'T AS LONG AS I THOUGHT!! I'm SO EXCITED TO MEET EVERYONE!!!

:DWHOOO CORNELL CLASS OF 2013!!!:D

Those of you who received e-mails: What was the timestamp? When was it sent?

soooooo i'm really bad at searching the forums. perhaps someone more SDN-saavy can help me out with this. It looks like last year there were end of February acceptances and then some the first Friday of March? give me some hope here people........

For those who were accepted, CONGRATS! When did you interview ? Before or after New Years ?

AtG

For those who were accepted, CONGRATS! When did you interview ? Before or after New Years ?

AtG

Before new years, I think Nov. 5th.

I love how Cornell juked us out-- I wasn't planning on hearing anything until mid-March.Congrats all!!

soooooo i'm really bad at searching the forums. perhaps someone more SDN-saavy can help me out with this. It looks like last year there were end of February acceptances and then some the first Friday of March? give me some hope here people........

ya i apparently suck at searching for older threads as well, anybody have any incite into this

WOOHOO!!!!!!!! Just got my e-mail! See everyone on second look weekend!

well i got my rejection letter on thursday.. I can officially say bye-bye to cornell.... *waves*:hello:

Man, I thought they'd go out later. This is so heart breaking :(

Congrats everybody that got good news today!!! Welcome to the family ;) I hope everyone else has some good news on the way too

ami1983

icon1.gif

ok i'll call.........:xf:

And....What's the word???

after having a nervous breakdown, i called the admissions office to find out the deal. cathy picked up immediately and i asked her what the deal was. she told me that they are still making decisions and that not receiving an e-mail does NOT mean a rejection or waitlist.

They said something similar last year though..and there was no record of a second round of March acceptances. It's pretty inhumane to call yourself a non-rolling school and then put out decisions like this, and randomly in December too. Sigh..but if you accept me I'll love you again Cornell!

sorry guys, i'm at work and i got busy all of a sudden. same as above poster, the admissions lady said not all decisions have gone out, some are still being made and she didn't know when the next ones would go out... sorry for the anxiety filled wait!

did they say something like this last year too? i didn't see that on any of the threads from last year. i was kind of skeptical about it too, but this is the first year that they sent out acceptances this early. it's not even march yet! but how would they benefit from lying to interviewees? the only reason i'm kind of hopeful is that they have never sent out acceptances this early so maybe they're just doing it in batches to get an idea of how many people are going to accept or withdraw.

Last edited:
yeah last year they sent them out next week...........

So far we've seen 9 acceptances on SDN from February. IF SDN represents about 15% of the pre-med population, then I'm guessing probably most of the acceptances have gone out.

I dunno. We'll see I guess.

So are we automatically waitlisted if we're not accepted?

nah, they also reject people. i don't know if i'm being overly optimistic, but i don't know if this is the last batch. from my understanding, they're in this intense competition with the other nyc schools, especially columbia so i think they want to give acceptances out to students who they think may have been accepted to other top schools. OR this is their way of drawing more potential columbia matriculants to cornell. god, i hope my theories are more than just silly rationalizations.

to those who received emails today and to the ones who have yet to receive emails:

any changes on your status page?

to those who received emails today and to the ones who have yet to receive emails:

any changes on your status page?

And, for those accepted, when did you interview?

got the email. status says "Thanks for interviewing at WMC. The class is selected in mid-March and all decisions are mailed then. "

So far we've seen 9 acceptances on SDN from February. IF SDN represents about 15% of the pre-med population, then I'm guessing probably most of the acceptances have gone out.

I dunno. We'll see I guess.

So are we automatically waitlisted if we're not accepted?
Yeah I hate to contribute to the sombre mood, but that was a huge whack of acceptances that went out. And it's not like NYU where they have to accept a huge amount to fill their class. I'll be expecting my WL/Rej in the mail.

Oh and congratulations everybody who did get good news!

Last edited:
Yeah I hate to contribute to the sombre mood, but that was a huge whack of acceptances that went out. And it's not like NYU where they have to accept a huge amount to fill their class. I'll be expecting my WL/Rej in the mail.

Oh and congratulations everybody who did get good news!

ya I would have to unfortunately, and to my own detriment, agree. I guess the best the rest of us can hope for is a waitlist, and that a lot of the people that got accepted also go accepted elsewhere and at a place that they like better

got the email. status says "Thanks for interviewing at WMC. The class is selected in mid-March and all decisions are mailed then. "

Hey guys, I also got the email today and my status page says the exact same thing as kiganga's. I interviewed on the second week of February! Congratulations to everyone that got the email! It is unfortunate that Cornell's second look coincides with a few other schools though... :(

Hey guys, I also got the email today and my status page says the exact same thing as kiganga's. I interviewed on the second week of February! Congratulations to everyone that got the email! It is unfortunate that Cornell's second look coincides with a few other schools though... :(

Yay, I got the email too! An awesome way to begin my Friday :)

I didn't even know they had a status page - just as well as that was one fewer thing for me to obsessively check. :laugh:

It's a little confusing - I loved this school but financially it's likely to be my worst option. Oh well, either something works out or I make someone on the WL very happy. I'm trying to not let myself worry about the money for a few more weeks until I know more.

my status page changed to "decision has been sent" and i got a rejection letter on thurs

really, a rejection already? My status has not changed (still says thanks for interviewing...decisions will be made in march), and did not receive an email...just wondering, did you interview?

my status page changed to "decision has been sent" and i got a rejection letter on thurs

Status
Not open for further replies.