-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Cornell Secondary Application Thread
Started by UVAbme2009
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so i thought i remembered someone else asking this but i cant find it anywhere. has anyone sent an in the area email, received the whole we havent made a decisions reply (like immediately after sending it) and then later received an invite near the date of your interview for another school? thanks
If your status hasn't changed good news might be coming! I just sent an "In the area email" a few hours ago and got an interview invite! I was complete in early September.
Congrats! Is it just me or does Cornell seem like they respond positively to those kinds of emails? I will be in NYC visiting friends at the end of January so I may try as well. Does anyone know what days of the week they interview on?
Last edited:
Congrats! Is it just me or does Cornell seem like respond positively to those kinds of emails? I will be in NYC visiting friends at the end of January so I may try as well. Does anyone know what days of the week they interview on?
Yeah, they are. The Dean came and talked at my undergrad and actually told us that they try to accommodate those kinds of emails. They interview on Tues, Wed and Thurs. Good luck!
Same. I sent them an in the area email a month ago and they rejected it but my status hasn't changed...I sent them an in the area for the week b4 thanksgiving, because I'd be visiting my dad, but they rejected the request. At least my status page hasn't changed so maybe they'll send me an invite. I could of saved like $500 on plane tickets though....
whew.....been complete since early sept and still no status change... at this point, I don't know what to believe anymore.
im in the same exact boat....
Yeah, I've been complete since late july and still no status change. I have no idea what they're doing with my app. 😛
Yeah, I've been complete since late july and still no status change. I have no idea what they're doing with my app. 😛
You don't wanna know what dirty, dirty things adcoms do with our applications

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else get a 'thank you for interviewing' email from Cornell? I'm wondering if this means I won't be receiving one of the Dec. acceptances, (or any acceptance at all...🙁??)
Why would you think that? I got it too, and it's just a polite "thank you."
One of my good friends just got accepted!!!!! 😀
oyee... sometimes these things go out in batches??? although i guess its been mentioned that they only accept 20 or so in december.. which is sort of a random number
congrats!!! ur an inspiration 🙂OMG I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to Cornell next year!!!
Thanks ami! I'm still in shock.congrats!!! ur an inspiration 🙂
guys please don't be bummed. I know March seems like forever away but your good news will taste that much better with time.
I got an e-mail this morning at 10 am. My status hasn't changed on the website though
i get so into my head, that i forget, CONGRATS!!! Must feel really good 👍
ACCEPTED! Omg!!!! Weill Cornell in NYC! I can't believe it!!!! Such a good feeling guys-- good luck to you all and hope you get to experience the same thing real soon!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats MightyChip...did you get the e-mail yesterday at 10 AM or just now?
Yesterday at 10 AM
Does anyone have the interviewed/accepted/maltriculated numbers from Cornell's last cycle?
On the website for entering class of 2008:
Apps: ~5800
Interviews: 742
Matriculants: 101
The $64,000 question: how many interviewees get accepted to fill that class?? I'm going to say about 200? 😕
On the website for entering class of 2008:
Apps: ~5800
Interviews: 742
Matriculants: 101
The $64,000 question: how many interviewees get accepted to fill that class?? I'm going to say about 200? 😕
A pretty good guess
From US News:
5853 applied, 676 interviewed, 237 were accepted, 101 enrolled
Congrats MightyChip! Is Cornell your top choice?
Hey DRYLyss! Congrats to you too! Weill Cornell is definitely one of my top choices- I am really excited!
i think its just that cornell seems to be very picky...🙁thanks =) I've noticed that SDN isn't really a big fan of Cornell. How do you guys feel about the school?
thanks =) I've noticed that SDN isn't really a big fan of Cornell. How do you guys feel about the school?
Depends on how Cornell feels about me? 😉😉😉.
No, seriously. I think Cornell is one of those really unique schools that happens to be amazingly good at what it does (training medical students) in a very unusual way. So there are a few good thoughts.
I certainly don't have any sort of negative opinion after my interview. I feel like maybe copy-cat PBL schools might not be so successful, but clearly Cornell knows what it's doing re: PBL. It's organized in a very specific way.
Anyway, my $0.02 for what it's worth. I guess I must have missed the negativity on the previous pages.
I have a very positive opinion about Cornell.
I was snooping through past threads. I got the sense that PBL is not a fan favorite hehe
Well, yeah, not liking PBL is believable. If you have classmates who are unsupportive and/or uncooperative and if the program is poorly set up, PBL is just going to be a disaster.
But clearly that's not a problem with Cornell.
GO LYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! what uppppppppp. I knew u would get innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are tooooooo awesommmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee.
AND you TOOOOOOO MIGHTY CHIPPPPPPPPPPPP.
Wow I am so happy for both of you. What a christmas present!such great news. KEep it up guys.
LOL I am waiting on my rejection. I had the worse first expereince there but I was sucha rare case. Cornell is a great school with butt loads of oppurtunities. Keep doing your thing guys!!!!!!!!!
You are tooooooo awesommmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee.
AND you TOOOOOOO MIGHTY CHIPPPPPPPPPPPP.
Wow I am so happy for both of you. What a christmas present!such great news. KEep it up guys.
LOL I am waiting on my rejection. I had the worse first expereince there but I was sucha rare case. Cornell is a great school with butt loads of oppurtunities. Keep doing your thing guys!!!!!!!!!
thanks =) I've noticed that SDN isn't really a big fan of Cornell. How do you guys feel about the school?
Cornell is a great school. I'm actually a big fan of PBL, I think it's a great way to retain information. There's so much going on for Cornell, but I don't want to like it too much because there's a good chance I'll be receiving that thin envelope in March.
Are you sure you're going to be going to Cornell?
First off congrats to you lyss and mightychip that is a huge accomplishment! 👍I was snooping through past threads. I got the sense that PBL is not a fan favorite hehe
Has anyone noticed the antipathy towards Weill extend to their other interviews? At at least two schools the tour guides have said something along the lines of "Yeah, we do some PBL, but not all the time...like at Cornell." And I have to hold back laughing because from what I remember it seemed like Cornell had a good mix of learning styles.
yes i heard that at THREE schools I went to. And also something like this from random people:First off congrats to you lyss and mightychip that is a huge accomplishment! 👍
Has anyone noticed the antipathy towards Weill extend to their other interviews? At at least two schools the tour guides have said something along the lines of "Yeah, we do some PBL, but not all the time...like at Cornell." And I have to hold back laughing because from what I remember it seemed like Cornell had a good mix of learning styles.
"I'm so happy I came here. I have a friend at Cornell and... well he/she isn't so happy"
I heard it especially at NY schools because they are so competitive with each other. I just can't believe that is true because the students I met there and worked with over the summer were so amazing & went out of their way to guide a clueless premed. I also got to experience a PBL session and I think they do it very differently than most schools (at least from the small taste I got).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lysss nad mightychipp i feel proud lol. rep for the nuyoricans lyss and hold it down lol. so happy u got in there. I knooooowwwwwww I got rejected there but I have my sights set on a diff nyc school. did u interview at columbia? just curious. I thought I would be a fan at cornell considering I know many kids who go there, and its right by my undergrad and we have many ties there, but my experience was horrible, and surprisingly I actually enjoyed columbia better outta the two and hada much better day. Plus for me its in washington heights and i grew up there so its like home for me so its always a plus.
Either way cornell is great, ur ina great area with tons to do, and lots to experience. ull be great no matter where u go.
Congrats!!!!!!!!!
Either way cornell is great, ur ina great area with tons to do, and lots to experience. ull be great no matter where u go.
Congrats!!!!!!!!!
thanks sflo! ur the best! PUERTO RICOOOOOO haha represent.lysss nad mightychipp i feel proud lol. rep for the nuyoricans lyss and hold it down lol. so happy u got in there. I knooooowwwwwww I got rejected there but I have my sights set on a diff nyc school. did u interview at columbia? just curious. I thought I would be a fan at cornell considering I know many kids who go there, and its right by my undergrad and we have many ties there, but my experience was horrible, and surprisingly I actually enjoyed columbia better outta the two and hada much better day. Plus for me its in washington heights and i grew up there so its like home for me so its always a plus.
Either way cornell is great, ur ina great area with tons to do, and lots to experience. ull be great no matter where u go.
Congrats!!!!!!!!!
Stop saying you will not get in! You never kno ya might be surprised. I thought I had a horrible interview at one school & I got in. These things don't always make sense. I'll be pulling for Columbia for you. We can be neighbors

its not working for meHey, has the app status page been working for anyone lately? I can't seem to log in. (just wanted to make sure since the place where i'm staying right now has some sites blocked out)
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K