2008-2009 Cornell Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine updated... I THINK...

Your application is complete. Since we screen each applicant individually, the process may take a few months. Weill Cornell does not have rolling admissions so we ask that you please be patient. Final decisions are communicated beginning in December. The class is selected in March.

I don't recall seeing that line before....

Actually, I don't recall seeing that line either.

I kind of wonder if I should have taken the earlier interview dates that I was offered (end of November/early December.) It's just that the date I'm actually going is REALLY convenient because I'll be out of school and so on. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
Just wanted to let the rest of you who have been waiting to get an interview from Cornell know that the first round of rejections has been mailed out. My status page changed today to "A decision has been mailed to you."
Good luck to those of you who have interviewed or who will be interviewing in the future.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry about the rejections guys :(

So, for those of us whose status is still the same old, you're complete, etc. Can we assume that we are on a pre-interview hold? Did they reject just a few applicants today, or the majority?

has anyone that has interviewed status change?

sorry to dwell on a poopoo subject, but how late were you all complete who received these rejections? I wasn't complete until the first week of october so i wouldnt really expect my app to have been reviewed yet...i don tthink

when i interviewed there the dean said the meager acceptances would go out around january 1

Hmm..they've been going out pretty faithfully right around 12/20 for the last couple of years judging from previous threads, but who really knows!

Hey guys,
Just wanted to let the rest of you who have been waiting to get an interview from Cornell know that the first round of rejections has been mailed out. My status page changed today to "A decision has been mailed to you."
Good luck to those of you who have interviewed or who will be interviewing in the future.

so if your status didn't change you might still be in consideration for an interview?

I was complete sometime in August and same for me..

i was complete September 6th but still no word...

Haha, I've been complete since 7/25 and still no word, so its not looking good. But I didn't get the new status message, so maybe there's still a chance?

Members don't see this ad :)
the rejections are snail mail? haha well i have been complete since august and no word either...

what is a meager acceptance? I thought cornell only mailed out acceptances in march.

It'd be really nice if some of these status pages could at least tell you if they've done any sort of review of the file. It's great that I'm complete and all but it'd be nice to know if they've done anything with it...put it on hold, rejected it, ranked it, did a little dance around it...whatever.

It'd be really nice if some of these status pages could at least tell you if they've done any sort of review of the file. It's great that I'm complete and all but it'd be nice to know if they've done anything with it...put it on hold, rejected it, ranked it, did a little dance around it...whatever.

Agreed!! Seriously, even if they were like, I posted it to my wall to make me laugh whenever I feel down... It would give me a better sense of where I stand.

If your status didn't change its probably more like a "Hold". You didn't get cut, but their not quite ready to see what you're made of yet.

just checked the status page:

"An admissions decision has been mailed to you. Please contact us if you have not received it within two weeks."

Denied!

"An admissions decision has been mailed to you. Please contact us if you have not received it within two weeks."

Denied!
did you interview? i am having heart attacks each time i see this thread bump!

did you interview? i am having heart attacks each time i see this thread bump!

nope - these are all pre-interview rejections. i think you have to wait until march...

wheres status check link

Your application is complete. Since we screen each applicant individually, the process may take a few months. Weill Cornell does not have rolling admissions so we ask that you please be patient. Final decisions are communicated beginning in December. The class is selected in March.

is this good or bad? Complete 9/5

I have the same message and I've been complete since 8/1!!!

Denied!

lol. Yup. Got my physical letter today. It's the same as last years'. :(

Means nothing...you're not rejected so who knows?

Hmph, I have the same status page. WELL, I never liked them ANYWAY! See if I CARE! I'M TELLING MOM!

Oh, and MERRY FRICKIN CHRISTMAS to you TOO!

Hmph, I have the same status page. WELL, I never liked them ANYWAY! See if I CARE! I'M TELLING MOM!

Oh, and MERRY FRICKIN CHRISTMAS to you TOO!

same lousy status page. screw cornell. plaxico is gonna get them shut down anyway

Thanks for interviewing at WMC. The class is selected in mid-March and all decisions are mailed then

I interviewed only about a week ago, did everyone get this after they interviewed or does this mean I didn't get the boot?

Thanks for interviewing at WMC. The class is selected in mid-March and all decisions are mailed then

I interviewed only about a week ago, did everyone get this after they interviewed or does this mean I didn't get the boot?

I think everyone gets this.

I'm pretty sure everyone gets one after they interview. I did. And I'm also pretty sure they won't reject you untill March if you've already interviewed there. Does this sound right guys?

AtG

Yup the rejections are just for people they know they are not going to interview. Most interviewed applicants find out in March, some mysterious percentage find out in December..? Because they like to toy with our emotions.

Does anyone know how many they give out? I hear it's about 20, but looking at the last 2 years of threads on this, 8 or 12 (12 last year) SDNers found out in December. I also know 2 people who got in last December. That means between SDN and personally, I know 14 of the early accepts...what are the chances of that? Makes me think they accept more than they let on....I hope!

Rejected... =) I'm not bummed bc I didn't want to go to this school and I already got into one of my top choices.. :luck:

Yup the rejections are just for people they know they are not going to interview. Most interviewed applicants find out in March, some mysterious percentage find out in December..? Because they like to toy with our emotions.

Does anyone know how many they give out? I hear it's about 20, but looking at the last 2 years of threads on this, 8 or 12 (12 last year) SDNers found out in December. I also know 2 people who got in last December. That means between SDN and personally, I know 14 of the early accepts...what are the chances of that? Makes me think they accept more than they let on....I hope!

Well if it's 12 SDNers, it's probably a lot more than that overall...I guess we don't know what percent of applicants are on SDN, so it's hard to tell! :p

i remember there was a thread a while back discussing what percentage of premeds on sdn and it turned out to be about 15% or so based on the methodology described by the OP

i remember there was a thread a while back discussing what percentage of premeds on sdn and it turned out to be about 15% or so based on the methodology described by the OP

That sounds reasonable.

i was surprised to see all these people reportingn changes i though cornell didn't announce things until march.

I was expecting to be rejected with teh rest of this bunch, as I haven't heard anything at all (no interview etc.)

does this mean i still have a chance at picking up an interview? how long until these higher end schools stop inviting people?

Where'd you get in ?

AtG

downstate. still waiting to hear back from others, but now that i'm already in, waitlists and rejections don't really affect me. it's a great feeling :laugh:

downstate. still waiting to hear back from others, but now that i'm already in, waitlists and rejections don't really affect me. it's a great feeling :laugh:

I wish I were in your shoes...congrats!

AtG

Yup, I was holding out hope, but my status changed today. Expecting a letter any day now.

Same position, same feeling as you. Just got my letter today. But like you said, that one acceptance (also Downstate for me) helps a lot.

Good luck to the rest of you still in the running

Oh how I love you Cornell

Status
Not open for further replies.