2008-2009 Jefferson Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone hear anything today??

Members don't see this ad.

anyone hear anything today??

I also got a call from Dr. Callahan today around 12:30. My friend called the admissions office and they said they would mail out the waitlist and rejection letters today.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got a call from Dr. Callahan today around 12:30. My friend called the admissions office and they said they would mail out the waitlist and rejection letters today.

that sucks. no call for me :(

That's awesome guys!

I was placed into the High Priority Category. However, I never got anything in the mail. Should I have??

That's awesome guys!

I was placed into the High Priority Category. However, I never got anything in the mail. Should I have??

How did you hear that you got on the High Priority waitlist?

How did you hear that you got on the High Priority waitlist?

I just got an e-mail saying that I'm on the Alternates list. So basically I can only get accepted once they run out of the High Priority waitlist people?

I'm really bummed. I had a good feeling about this one. I don't know why i'm on the lower waitlist, I thought my interviews went well, or at least not bad. My EC's are pretty average, but my numbers are significantly higher Jefferson's average. So confused, and I guessthere's no hope

I just got an e-mail saying that I'm on the Alternates list. So basically I can only get accepted once they run out of the High Priority waitlist people?

That's typically how it works. And, unfortunately for you, it's pretty unlikely they'll exhaust the HP list. Over the past few years, there have a lot of HP wait list people who did not get in. Hope you still have some other irons in the fire.

Does anyone know if the HP is ranked? Does being placed on it i April hurt my chances?

I hope they take a good chunk off of the HP. Thanks to the current MS's for their time!

i'm just kind of confused about why this happened. Do you guys think they'll tell me something over the phone?

also placed on the HP waitlist. i asked dean callahan how many ppl on the waitlist are placed in HP and she said about half :( bummerr

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with above poster. High Priority wait list at least gives you a shot. (Regular wait list is pretty much the equivalent of a rejection.) Some people do get admitted from the HP wait list every year, but a lot of people don't.

To increase your chances of getting off the HP list, do more than "express interest." (Everyone who applied is "interested" in attending Jefferson.) If you have relevant updates, send them in. Email Dr. C. at least weekly. Tell her how much you love Jeff and why Jeff is such a good fit for you. Just keep finding a different way of saying the same thing in every email. A weekly email may strike you as being a little excessive. Trust me, it's not. Do it!

Good luck! I hope you are one of the lucky ones to get in from the HP list.

I'm on the high priority waitlist and I am absolutely in love with this school... could I just ask how you know this? I just feel like an email a week would be super annoying but I'm really desperate!!!

I was placed on the HP waitlist and just got accepted today, it is moving!

I was placed on HP on April 8th, so April is not too late!

so equalmc, did you contact jefferson at all after you were placed on the HP waitlist? also, do you know if the HP waitlist is ranked or anything? thanks & congrats!

Hey coolsy1225, just send a bunch of letters expressing interest to both callahan and brooks. I assume it works because it worked out for myself. i think I ended up sending 8-10 letters over the course of 2-3 months to both callahan and brooks. they really do take your letters to heart so its definitely worth your time. best of luck

Hey coolsy1225, just send a bunch of letters expressing interest to both callahan and brooks. I assume it works because it worked out for myself. i think I ended up sending 8-10 letters over the course of 2-3 months to both callahan and brooks. they really do take your letters to heart so its definitely worth your time. best of luck

Thanks!!!! Good luck to everyone on the list with me!! At least if someone just got in recently, the waitlist seems to already be moving earlier than last year's... let's hope we all have a shot!

so equalmc, did you contact jefferson at all after you were placed on the HP waitlist? also, do you know if the HP waitlist is ranked or anything? thanks & congrats!

i didn't contact jefferson except to tell dr. callahan that i was interested on staying on the list, i honestly have no idea how or if it is ranked, good luck!!

Hey everyone,

Has anyone heard anything from Jeff lately?

I'm was placed on the High Priority Wait List in March and I haven't heard anything yet. Judging from previous posts, Dr. Callahan tends to call admitted students on Wednesdays....although this may have changed now that interview season is over. Has anyone heard anything recently?

Hey guys, as much as I loved Jefferson I'm going to be withdrawing. Hopefully my spot goes to one of you deserving people. Best of luck to you!

Droshan,

Thanks and congrats on your waitlist success!!

Anyone heard anything from Jefferson recently? I hope that the Wait List starts moving now that it is mid-May....

Wow, Jefferson seems silent this waitlist season...

I am still hoping and praying :)

Being on the wait list at Jeff makes each passing day feel longer and longer. I fell in love with the school when I visited. Although I'm also wait listed at my state medical school, I hope Jeff pulls through. The wait is killing my hopes...very very slowly.

At any rate, is anyone else working on a Plan B --- just in case the wait list doesn't work out? (Although I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone on this thread.) I'm applying to some one-year masters programs to boost my science credentials and studying to re-take the MCAT to re-apply to start in 2010. So basically I just wanted to see if anyone else has similar plans...

Being on the wait list at Jeff makes each passing day feel longer and longer. I fell in love with the school when I visited. Although I'm also wait listed at my state medical school, I hope Jeff pulls through. The wait is killing my hopes...very very slowly.

At any rate, is anyone else working on a Plan B --- just in case the wait list doesn't work out? (Although I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone on this thread.) I'm applying to some one-year masters programs to boost my science credentials and studying to re-take the MCAT to re-apply to start in 2010. So basically I just wanted to see if anyone else has similar plans...

I totally know the feeling... I'm also working on reapplying to start in 2010, but I'm trying to find work instead. It will be nice to have some money saved for next year, and my pre-health advisor said that for me, experience was more appropriate than more education. I'm still hoping for a call from Jefferson, but I'm not relying on it.

why is there no movementtttt. ugh

why is there no movementtttt. ugh

I know what you mean!!!! I would like to hear that at least somebody gets in off the wait list - even if it's not me. That would give me some hope! Feel free to PM me if you need somebody to commiserate with...

Woot!! I have just been notified this afternoon that I am admitted off the high priority waitlist!! What a releif:)!

I was interviewed April 8, and placed on the HP waitlist about April 22.

Anyone know how to connect with other admitted Jefferson students, Class of 2013?

Hope someone else gets some good news soon!

this may have already been discussed, but does anyone know the approximate number of people on the high priority list and the alternates list? How much movement is expected and will they even get to the alternates list? I'm on it, and I loved the school

Woot!! I have just been notified this afternoon that I am admitted off the high priority waitlist!! What a releif:)!

Anyone know how to connect with other admitted Jefferson students, Class of 2013?

Congratulations, DeadEyeDoc! I'm on the HP Wait List at Jefferson and I am still waiting for the call. Did you send Dr. Callahan any letters of intent or additional letters of recommendation? I'm just curious what successful wait-listed students have done. I have only sent one LOI and a letter of recommendation from one of doctors I work with who is a Jefferson alum. I hesitate to send anything else because I don't want to harass them.

Last edited:
I sent several email to Dr. Callahan and Dr. Brooks. I also sent additional letters of recomendation. I maybe sent more than I should have, but I am in now, so I guess it paid off. Good luck annd hope to see you on orientation day!

I sent several email to Dr. Callahan and Dr. Brooks. I also sent additional letters of recomendation. I maybe sent more than I should have, but I am in now, so I guess it paid off. Good luck annd hope to see you on orientation day!

Thanks for the info! I hope to see you at orientation, as well. I might just have to be more persistent in contacting Dr. Callahan and Dr. Brooks...

Bab8- I sent you a private message, but I'm not sure if it went through. I was just wondering if you are sending any supplemental information to the admissions committee at Jefferson as well? Thanks!

Hey again, DeadEyeDoc. I got so excited to see that somebody was admitted off the Jefferson wait list that I didn't answer your question! There is a Facebook Group for Jefferson Class of 2013. There is also a thread for Jefferson Class of 2013 here on SDN. Best wishes!

For all you other wait-listed folks, I spoke with the admissions office today and the receptionist said that spots are opening up "here and there." But as usual, they could not be sure either way because there are so many variables. And based on posts from previous years, they admit all the way through late June, so I'm going to try not to worry until the beginning of July...

this may have already been discussed, but does anyone know the approximate number of people on the high priority list and the alternates list? How much movement is expected and will they even get to the alternates list? I'm on it, and I loved the school

Call Dr. Brooks... She is extremely nice and will answer any of your questions.

I just got the call!!!!!!!!!! Goodluck everyone!

I just got the call!!!!!!!!!! Goodluck everyone!

Awww, congrats! I'm so happy to hear that you go in. Say a little prayer for me that I can join you guys in the fall. Best wishes!!!!

OK, I'm a little jealous of everyone here who has gotten into Jefferson off the wait list. I'm hoping and praying that this week is the week I get "the call" from Dr. Callahan. Everytime my phone rings, my heart stops and I look to see if the call is from the "215" area code.

Last edited:
I just purchased a great condo a few blocks north of Jeff. 1100 Vine St is the address. Please check out the pictures, I'll post more tomorrow!

rentmycondoroom.com

[email protected]

I just purchased a great condo a few blocks north of Jeff. 1100 Vine St is the address. Please check out the pictures, I'll post more tomorrow!

rentmycondoroom.com

[email protected]

As I said, I'm jealous. :) I hope to get in and see a fellow Hoosier next year. Congrats on your condo!

hey b85- those were my EXACT stats. i wrote them a 2 page letter each week since i was waitlisted (mid april) and called the admissions lady, rita, once a week. if you havent bugged the crap out of them... START NOW!

the admissions lady literally knew how to spell my last name by the time i got in...and my last name is long and hard! and she could recognize my voice. haha

hey b85- those were my EXACT stats. i wrote them a 2 page letter each week since i was waitlisted (mid april) and called the admissions lady, rita, once a week. if you havent bugged the crap out of them... START NOW!

Mission: Harass Jefferson Admissions Office. It's so on! I just sent them another letter. :xf::xf::xf:

Pleasssssse let today be the day I get the call from Dr. Callahan :luck::luck::luck: Everyone please send me your prayers/good vibes. Thanks!

Pleasssssse let today be the day I get the call from Dr. Callahan :luck::luck::luck: Everyone please send me your prayers/good vibes. Thanks!

Hey, b85--I'm still pulling for you!. Philly needs more Hoosiers to balance out all those Left Coasters! lol

Best wishes and prayer!

doesn't seem like there has been a lot of waitlist movement...

Status
Not open for further replies.