You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Jefferson Secondary Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if they are still going to give out interviews or should I assume silent rejection (owwww)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well I might be withdrawing from my interview scheduled in 2 weeks. If I do, maybe you'll get my spot. 🙂
I decided to cancel my interview on 2/18. I hope that one of you all gets invited in my place.


I decided to cancel my interview on 2/18. I hope that one of you all gets invited in my place.
Please pick me, Jeff! 🙂

Good luck everyone...
I GOT THE CALL YESSS!!!! I just interviewed last Friday. Not even a whole week later I'm in! Good luck to you all!
Wow! Congrats! I'm still waiting. Maybe I'll hear soon too.
Just got a waitlist list. Seem to be happening a lot. 🙁
Just got a waitlist list. Seem to be happening a lot. 🙁
High Priority or not?
High Priority or not?
Alternate Category. "Application will continue to be actively considered."
Bam, rejected just now.
Is it supposed to make me feel better that they booted me after a thorough evaluation of my credentials?
Booo, Jeff.
pre or post-interview?
Bam, rejected just now.
Is it supposed to make me feel better that they booted me after a thorough evaluation of my credentials?
Booo, Jeff.
Me, too. Pre-interview - wow, that took a looooong time.
pre or post-interview?
Pre. I expected it, just thought I'd update so people would have a better idea of what the adcom was up to.
did you get an email, or were you notified by snail mail?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, to those that have been accepted, have you received anything in the mail other than the acceptance card? Anything about financial aid?
I have an email account, financial aid information, access to blackboard, and they've sent me a Christmas card.
I've been accepted and I sent in the deposit. Does that mean I can access Jeffmail too?
Yes, go to http://pulse.jefferson.edu and log in with your campus key. Visit http://www.jefferson.edu/jmc/admissions/matri.cfm to get your campus key.
Me, too. Pre-interview - wow, that took a looooong time.
sorri to hear =/ was it via email? or mail?
sorri to hear =/ was it via email? or mail?
Email. Very short and bitter sweet. Critiquing rejection letter style and form is becoming my new favorite hobby, lol!
I spoke to the director of admissions today and she said they sent out the first batch of rejections this week. She made it sound like they went out snail mail but based on this forum maybe not. She also said they r still sending out interview invites, they r a true rolling admissions school. lets hope for some invites.
I received an interview invite this morning (dated yesterday). I'm pretty pumped, I love Philly. I did send an update letter about a month ago. Unfortunately it is my second interview scheduled the week before my spring break... but oh well, I don't care!
Do you guys think there will be spots available after a mid-March interview? I sure hope so.
-BP
Do you guys think there will be spots available after a mid-March interview? I sure hope so.
-BP
I'm sure there are still spots left. Congrats, you made a HUGE cut by getting an interview. Jefferson is extremely stingy with their invites.
I also just got an invite! I'm really excited. Do you know what percentage of the people who interview get accepted?
Also, is it difficult to reschedule an interview?
And if my interview is scheduled for mid-march or late march, am I basically interviewing for a waitlist spot?
If I recall its around 60% of students that get interviewed get accepted. Like I said they are very selective with who they interview. They also said to us (late Jan interview) that we are equal footing with those that interviewed in September. Take me for example, despite my relatively late interview I got in a week after my interview. I doubt that even your March interview is for a waitlist spot so go in there and do your thing...you are competing for a legit acceptance.
I also just got an invite! I'm really excited. Do you know what percentage of the people who interview get accepted?
Also, is it difficult to reschedule an interview?
And if my interview is scheduled for mid-march or late march, am I basically interviewing for a waitlist spot?
Congrats on the invite! Like droshan said, it's a huge accomplishment to get an invite. From what I've heard, this year there were around 10,000 applicants and around 800 get/got invited for an interview. I'm not sure how many of that 800 actually receive acceptances, but it's relatively high due to the large class size. Traditionally, Jefferson also takes a good amount of people off of the high priority wait-list as well.
As for rescheduling an interview, it might be harder for you because there aren't that many interview days left. Jefferson only interviews on Wednesdays and rarely interviews past early/mid April. However, if your interview is during mid/late march it doesn't really mean much because Jefferson truly does rolling admissions. After all, I interviewed in late March and got in (and at least 6 other people in my interview group ended up at Jefferson as well). Good luck on your interview!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when were you complete ej37. jefferson gives out interviews in accordance with when you were complete. i think if you were complete relatively early in the season your chances are really bleak. and jeff is infamous for lack of correspondance so i doubt they even read it. i'm sorry. what other schools have you applied to, maybe you should look to other schools.
I spoke to the director of admissions today and she said they sent out the first batch of rejections this week. She made it sound like they went out snail mail but based on this forum maybe not.
As someone who has been rejected by them in a previous year...I can tell you its an e-rejection.
So I got an invite for March, but i might have to change my interview by a few weeks (possibly even to April). How much will this hurt me with Jefferson's rolling admissions? Would I be interviewing for a waitlist position at that point?
It shouldn't really hurt you. You'll still be interviewing for an acceptance at that time. There are definitely a handful of people in the class who interviewed in April and got accepted, not wait-listed.
I just have a couple of questions about Jefferson curriculum.
Does Jefferson have a Pass/Fail grading scheme?
And also I recall reading from this forum that it had both lectures and PBL groups,
but it's mostly a traditional lecture-based curriculum, right?
Does Jefferson have a Pass/Fail grading scheme?
And also I recall reading from this forum that it had both lectures and PBL groups,
but it's mostly a traditional lecture-based curriculum, right?
Jeff is a High Pass, Pass, Fail grading system.
It has lectures from 9-12 about 3 days a week, and 9-5 the other 2 days because the labs are in the afternoon. You have a class your first 2 years called Intro to Clinical Skills, which sounds really interesting to me.
They use some case based/problem based learning, but it's only once every two weeks or so.
The curriculum is actually a block curriculum, which means you learn one subject at a time rather than trying to learn 4 all at once like in undergrad.
It has lectures from 9-12 about 3 days a week, and 9-5 the other 2 days because the labs are in the afternoon. You have a class your first 2 years called Intro to Clinical Skills, which sounds really interesting to me.
They use some case based/problem based learning, but it's only once every two weeks or so.
The curriculum is actually a block curriculum, which means you learn one subject at a time rather than trying to learn 4 all at once like in undergrad.
when were you complete ej37. jefferson gives out interviews in accordance with when you were complete. i think if you were complete relatively early in the season your chances are really bleak. and jeff is infamous for lack of correspondance so i doubt they even read it. i'm sorry. what other schools have you applied to, maybe you should look to other schools.
I was complete in July and just got an invite Thursday night. I'm not going to go though because it's late in the season for me and I've already narrowed down schools. So they're still reviewing apps from the beginning of the process.
I was complete in July and just got an invite Thursday night. I'm not going to go though because it's late in the season for me and I've already narrowed down schools. So they're still reviewing apps from the beginning of the process.
Can I have your spot?
oh really ... weird. congrats on making your decision sidealexis, where are you going?
LOL. Narrowed down...I'm either going to be in NC or DC. Holding out for two more decisions.
Can I have your spot?
I certainly hope so! Just wanted to give some hope. Good luck to everyone!
LOL. Narrowed down...I'm either going to be in NC or DC. Holding out for two more decisions.
good luck sidealexis 🙂
So I have an interview at Jefferson coming up soon, and I will be traveling from California. I have two questions, and sorry if they've been covered before in the thread:
1. How does one get from the airport to Jefferson and back?
2. The interview day is over at 4, the last flight back to CA is at 5:40, so I'm clearly not going to make it. Will they let me stay another night with a student host, so I can get a morning flight the following day?
Thank you!
1. How does one get from the airport to Jefferson and back?
2. The interview day is over at 4, the last flight back to CA is at 5:40, so I'm clearly not going to make it. Will they let me stay another night with a student host, so I can get a morning flight the following day?
Thank you!
So I have an interview at Jefferson coming up soon, and I will be traveling from California. I have two questions, and sorry if they've been covered before in the thread:
1. How does one get from the airport to Jefferson and back?
2. The interview day is over at 4, the last flight back to CA is at 5:40, so I'm clearly not going to make it. Will they let me stay another night with a student host, so I can get a morning flight the following day?
Thank you!
1. check out mapquest
2. why not call the school and ask them
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. check out mapquest
2. why not call the school and ask them
so by car? no good airport-Jefferson public transportation?
So I have an interview at Jefferson coming up soon, and I will be traveling from California. I have two questions, and sorry if they've been covered before in the thread:
1. How does one get from the airport to Jefferson and back?
2. The interview day is over at 4, the last flight back to CA is at 5:40, so I'm clearly not going to make it. Will they let me stay another night with a student host, so I can get a morning flight the following day?
Thank you!
Looks like no one has helped you out yet. I'll give it a shot.
http://www.septa.org/maps/click_map.html
From PHL airport, take the SEPTA R1 rail (rail is right outside airport terminals...ask an employee if you get lost...and purchase ticket on board the train), get off at Market East Station ( http://www.septa.org/maps/click_map/market_east.html).
You should now be at 12th & Filbert Streets....just head South/East and you should be at Jefferson within 15 minutes on foot (http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=J...ngitude=-75.158514&geocode=ADDRESS&id=2311927)
It's really simple and you won't get lost if you have a map/direction printed out ahead of time. Just reverse the route I've outlined if you want to go back to the airport for your return flight.
As for the interview day, I checked my interview agenda and it was officially over at 3PM. From 3-4PM, you have cookie hour where you can chat with the dean and current med students, but it's not mandatory and quite a few people left at 3PM (or even before if their faculty interview was done early). The R1 train comes about once every 30 minutes (the time schedule/arrival will be visible in Market East Station). So let's say you get out by 3PM, you can catch the 3:30PM R1 train, and it'll take 30 minutes to get to PHL. You'll have plenty of time to catch your flight since the train drops you off right next to the terminals. My flight back to California was at 6PM and I had enough time to hang out for cookie hour until 4PM and then got some Philly cheesesteaks for my host. If you have further questions, feel free to PM me. Best of luck with your interview!
Looks like no one has helped you out yet. I'll give it a shot.
http://www.septa.org/maps/click_map.html
From PHL airport, take the SEPTA R1 rail (rail is right outside airport terminals...ask an employee if you get lost...and purchase ticket on board the train), get off at Market East Station ( http://www.septa.org/maps/click_map/market_east.html).
You should now be at 12th & Filbert Streets....just head South/East and you should be at Jefferson within 15 minutes on foot (http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=J...ngitude=-75.158514&geocode=ADDRESS&id=2311927)
It's really simple and you won't get lost if you have a map/direction printed out ahead of time. Just reverse the route I've outlined if you want to go back to the airport for your return flight.
As for the interview day, I checked my interview agenda and it was officially over at 3PM. From 3-4PM, you have cookie hour where you can chat with the dean and current med students, but it's not mandatory and quite a few people left at 3PM (or even before if their faculty interview was done early). The R1 train comes about once every 30 minutes (the time schedule/arrival will be visible in Market East Station). So let's say you get out by 3PM, you can catch the 3:30PM R1 train, and it'll take 30 minutes to get to PHL. You'll have plenty of time to catch your flight since the train drops you off right next to the terminals. My flight back to California was at 6PM and I had enough time to hang out for cookie hour until 4PM and then got some Philly cheesesteaks for my host. If you have further questions, feel free to PM me. Best of luck with your interview!
Thank you so much, that was very helpful! Just one thing, I can't remember which Philly med school it is, but isn't one of them in an area that is not really safe for walking? I don't think it's Jefferson, but correct me if I'm wrong please
Thank you so much, that was very helpful! Just one thing, I can't remember which Philly med school it is, but isn't one of them in an area that is not really safe for walking? I don't think it's Jefferson, but correct me if I'm wrong please
Temple
just withdrew from the high priority waitlist.
hard decision as i really fell in love with Jeff, but i think it was more the area i loved. dean callahan responded to my email almost immediately and was supernice.
anyway, good luck to those still hoping for Jeff!
hard decision as i really fell in love with Jeff, but i think it was more the area i loved. dean callahan responded to my email almost immediately and was supernice.
anyway, good luck to those still hoping for Jeff!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K