2008-2009 Jefferson Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is wondering, Jeff is still giving out interviews. I just got a call to come interview on short-notice but I turned it down. Good luck to everyone!:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from the 2/25/09 interview yet? Also, I'm wondering if Jefferson does background checks on those students they waitlist. Buggin out here. :scared: Thanks!

Has anyone heard back from the 2/25/09 interview yet? Also, I'm wondering if Jefferson does background checks on those students they waitlist. Buggin out here. :scared: Thanks!

i think it's too expensive for schools to run background checks on WL students but you can call and ask

heard back just now. "High Priority" category....man.

What days does Jeff typically send out invites?

What method (phone, e-mail, mail) do they typically notify of an invite?

Thanks and good luck to all!!

haha Mbe, i'm PRAYING for a Jefferson invite. Even if its for the waitlist i don't care. Lawls i'm pathetic i know.

I just got my invite last week at 8:30 on a Friday night...So I'm not sure if there is a specific time or day that they do it. Maybe someone canceled and I got the spot...who knows.

So, are interviews from now on for waitlist-only?

So, are interviews from now on for waitlist-only?

No...Jefferson still accepts people from all these later interview groups as well. The interview groups have been getting slightly smaller when compared to earlier in the year, but I think it's because people are starting to cancel their interviews for various reasons.

Thanks for the info! Actually, if there are spots I think I'd rather be in a small group.

Members don't see this ad :)

I received an interview invite via email last Thursday night. They assigned me a date.

I interviewed on 2/25 and haven't heard anything yet. Anyone heard anything yet? Any acceptances from the 2/25 group?

Last edited:
Well, I just received an invite...

Last edited:
How did they let you know, via phone call?

I got a voicemail that was tagged urgent. I also received an email- I am not sure which came first. This experience does not seem typical.

Is Jefferson still sending out invites? Does anyone know what is the last date they will send out the invites?

march 31st is the last day they send out interview invites

Anyone that interviewed on 3/11 hear back yet?

hmm. I think Jefferson's just not that into me. Their interview process just became all too clear.

As the season's progressed, the GPA's have gotten closer and closer to 3.5. If you look at the stats from MDApplicants, nobody other than URM's (except for one 30 yr old) have gotten interviewed with a GPA lower than 3.5.

With a 3.45, I should never have applied. This year or last. I feel like MSAR lied to me. Snarph.

I am not URM with just under a 3.5

I was tremendously impressed with the school and my visit.

1. How much weight is given to the student interview?

2. Those who were accepted, how did your faculty interview go? My interviewer was very difficult to read.

march 31st is the last day they send out interview invites

Is this true, the admissions lady said they are giving out invites until mid april. Or did she mean thats how late they interview?

1. How much weight is given to the student interview?

2. Those who were accepted, how did your faculty interview go? My interviewer was very difficult to read.

1. Student interviews can be important for the admissions process, but from what I've heard, it's taken with a grain of salt because student interviewers tend to score applicants pretty high, so if you have a really bad student interview it could hurt your chances. The way it works is that the student interviewer will score and write up comments based on the interview and the score/comments will be presented in front of the admissions committee by a student liaison on the Thursday that the faculty interviewer is able to be present.

2. As for the faculty interview, it's sometimes very hard to gauge how you did. Personally, my interview was very short (like 15-20 min) and I didn't feel that I hit it off that well with the interviewer, but I still got in, so you never know, haha.

Is this true, the admissions lady said they are giving out invites until mid april. Or did she mean thats how late they interview?

It very likely could be how late they interview because I think there's only 2-3 interview dates left.

1. Student interviews can be important for the admissions process, but from what I've heard, it's taken with a grain of salt because student interviewers tend to score applicants pretty high, so if you have a really bad student interview it could hurt your chances. The way it works is that the student interviewer will score and write up comments based on the interview and the score/comments will be presented in front of the admissions committee by a student liaison on the Thursday that the faculty interviewer is able to be present.

2. As for the faculty interview, it's sometimes very hard to gauge how you did. Personally, my interview was very short (like 15-20 min) and I didn't feel that I hit it off that well with the interviewer, but I still got in, so you never know, haha.

Thanks for the respone. My student interview went really well IMO. I met with a great 1st who gave me an excellent impression of the school and seemed to share alot of my ambitions.

My faculty interview went exactly as you described. So, I will hope for the best.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Alright, Jefferson is not into me. March 31 passed. ha! :(

I interviewed 2/25 or something and just my call today from Dr. C. I thought my student interview went poorly and my faculty interview went well. Good luck!

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure that April 8th is the last day they interview

I interviewed 2/25 or something and just my call today from Dr. C. I thought my student interview went poorly and my faculty interview went well. Good luck!

That is awesome! Congrats!

Does Jeff review a single interview day each week? ie would only 2/25 interviewees hear this week?

That is awesome! Congrats!

Does Jeff review a single interview day each week? ie would only 2/25 interviewees hear this week?

Haha, no, that'd be pretty bad if that was the case. It all depends on when the faculty interviewer goes to the adcom meetings.

Haha, no, that'd be pretty bad if that was the case. It all depends on when the faculty interviewer goes to the adcom meetings.

Thanks Rutgers06, you have been very helpful. I spoke with Dr.B this past week and she said they had not discussed me at the last adcom meeting- she reassured me that this was not a bad thing.

Does anyone know the interviewed/accepted/matriculated #'s for Jeff? I am especially interested in that elusive accepted #.

I was so impressed with my visit and am keeping my fingers crossed for this Wednesday!!:xf::luck:

I just got a "High Priority" e-mail from Dr. Callahan.

Is this the "other" waitlist? Not an acceptance, but I am still quite hopeful.

Last edited:
Hey mbe36...I have seen your posts...I am really rooting for you!!
GOOD LUCK!!!:xf::luck:

just spoke to admissions. today is def the last interview day. so if you haven't been interviewed (like me)...:(

when did you interview?

Received a rejection email today. Better late than never I guess.

Yeah, it's the high priority waitlist, which is still pretty solid. Jefferson has usually taken a good amount of people off the high priority waitlist, so just keep on expressing interest and updating the admissions office and hopefully you'll get in. Good luck.

Yeah, it's the high priority waitlist, which is still pretty solid. Jefferson has usually taken a good amount of people off the high priority waitlist, so just keep on expressing interest and updating the admissions office and hopefully you'll get in. Good luck.

I agree with above poster. High Priority wait list at least gives you a shot. (Regular wait list is pretty much the equivalent of a rejection.) Some people do get admitted from the HP wait list every year, but a lot of people don't.

To increase your chances of getting off the HP list, do more than "express interest." (Everyone who applied is "interested" in attending Jefferson.) If you have relevant updates, send them in. Email Dr. C. at least weekly. Tell her how much you love Jeff and why Jeff is such a good fit for you. Just keep finding a different way of saying the same thing in every email. A weekly email may strike you as being a little excessive. Trust me, it's not. Do it!

Good luck! I hope you are one of the lucky ones to get in from the HP list.

I got a phone call on 3/31 to interview THE NEXT DAY on April 1st. I thought it was a joke at first. But then got a call this Weds about getting ACCEPTED!

So, hang in there. Late interviews are just as legitimate.

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knew when the last group who interviewed (4/8) can expect to hear decisions. From what I gathered, it seemed that today was the last adcom meeting. So we could hear this week. I was under the impression that your interviewer has to make it to a Wed adcom meeting so they can decide on you. And it only takes a while b/c your interviewer won't make it. But if today is the last meeting, does that only leave today to be voted on? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Someone else mentioned that decisions on our aps would occur on 4/22. But not sure too sure about this. Don't people find out via phone call on wednesdays if they are accepted. What if people are waitlisted/rejected?...then you dont hear anything? So no news is bad news? When is it safe to start psychotically over analyzing for the 4/8 interview group...this week or next? well i've clearly started now...but i thought id run this by you guys :)

Thanks and Good luck to ya'll!

oh and also! people who went from interview to acceptance/waitlist/rejection, could you please add contribute your experiences in terms of the timeline of it all. if you guys have any info on how it all works, i would really appreciate it! thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.