You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Loma Linda Secondary Application Thread
Started by eyang22286
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hmm does loma linda put everyone who interviewed but did not get accepted on the waitlist?
It is starting to look that way, unless those who were waitlisted are all flocking to the forum and those who were rejected are not posting. However, by my count there is at least 4 of us here on the forum who were waitlisted and I have a friend who interviewed who was waitlisted as well. I am starting to suspect this waitlist is pretty big.
However, by my count there is at least 4 of us here on the forum who were waitlisted and I have a friend who interviewed who was waitlisted as well. I am starting to suspect this waitlist is pretty big.
plus one
btw, "unranked" alternate list just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If they don't rank the applicants who are placed on the list, how do they decide who gets the spot if there is a spot open up? lottery?
I completed my financial aid part of the application. I think it is prudent to do, especially if you are offered acceptance at the school, then they already have your financial aid information together and can put together a financial aid package for you.
Additionally, I spoke with the admissions office today, so I will pass on two pieces of information I received. First, they will not reveal how many applicants are on the alternate list (no surprise there). Second, by unranked alternate list, they mean they will re-evaluate applicants on this list as spots open up. Hope this answers some questions. Good luck to everyone!
Additionally, I spoke with the admissions office today, so I will pass on two pieces of information I received. First, they will not reveal how many applicants are on the alternate list (no surprise there). Second, by unranked alternate list, they mean they will re-evaluate applicants on this list as spots open up. Hope this answers some questions. Good luck to everyone!
I'm stuck at the 'choosing your lender' and 'entrance interview'
How did you find your info on this part of the process? Did you already have lender you worked with in undergraduate, or did you start new?
I had a lender from undergrad and told the financial aid office I wanted to stick with that lender. The entrance interview should have a link. The LLU School of Medicine financial aid advisor, Frank Rendel, was extremely helpful during this process. His email is [email protected]. I could encourage you to direct any question you have to him, as he is way more knowledgeable than I am.
So for those of you still waiting, let me tell you what is going on with the class above you, glorious 2012.
Apparently we are considered the "dumb" class out of the 4 years (even though I think we are all really, really smart). The reason administration thinks this, is that by Xmas time, 12 people were already failing some classes so much, that there was no way they would ever pass them. Several of them got moved into the "decelerated" program.
Ah, the decelerated program. You basically don't find out that it exists till long after you get here. What it is is that you can divide up either your first or second year into 2 years. So you can spend 2 years on first year, then one on the second, or vice versa. If a student is struggling at the beginning of the year, the Dean's office decides which classes are salvageable, and they take the other classes next year.
What I don't know is whether or not they take up a spot in your class. One of my friends is only re-doing 2 classes. So technically, they shouldn't take up one whole spot. And you also have to take in consideration the 3 Biomedical students who interview at the end of finals for spots.
Then there are a few spots that they hold for those who stick with it all year only to end up failing in the end (please not me!).
So really, who knows how many spots are open in your class? I just wanted to let you know that there is still hope for getting in, since one of my friends got in on August 1. And I'm hoping they will move a lot of us who just barely fail into 2nd year anyway. I bet that will cause a ton of controversy!
My class is done in 3 weeks, so just keep waiting for those spots to open up!
Apparently we are considered the "dumb" class out of the 4 years (even though I think we are all really, really smart). The reason administration thinks this, is that by Xmas time, 12 people were already failing some classes so much, that there was no way they would ever pass them. Several of them got moved into the "decelerated" program.
Ah, the decelerated program. You basically don't find out that it exists till long after you get here. What it is is that you can divide up either your first or second year into 2 years. So you can spend 2 years on first year, then one on the second, or vice versa. If a student is struggling at the beginning of the year, the Dean's office decides which classes are salvageable, and they take the other classes next year.
What I don't know is whether or not they take up a spot in your class. One of my friends is only re-doing 2 classes. So technically, they shouldn't take up one whole spot. And you also have to take in consideration the 3 Biomedical students who interview at the end of finals for spots.
Then there are a few spots that they hold for those who stick with it all year only to end up failing in the end (please not me!).
So really, who knows how many spots are open in your class? I just wanted to let you know that there is still hope for getting in, since one of my friends got in on August 1. And I'm hoping they will move a lot of us who just barely fail into 2nd year anyway. I bet that will cause a ton of controversy!
My class is done in 3 weeks, so just keep waiting for those spots to open up!
The LLU thread hasn't been active in a while and I wanted to see what my fellow alternate list peeps were doing/thinking as the May 15th date approaches. Anyone heard anything? Anyone accepted withdrawing? I send out another activity update/Letter of Continued interest about 2 weeks ago. I also had another LOR sent in on my behalf. From threads in the past it looks like a few people do make it off the waitlist, though details remain murky on our odds.
The LLU thread hasn't been active in a while and I wanted to see what my fellow alternate list peeps were doing/thinking as the May 15th date approaches. Anyone heard anything? Anyone accepted withdrawing? I send out another activity update/Letter of Continued interest about 2 weeks ago. I also had another LOR sent in on my behalf. From threads in the past it looks like a few people do make it off the waitlist, though details remain murky on our odds.
It seems like everyone who was interviewed and not accepted, has been put on the wait list. There should be some spots open on May 15. Hopefully there are enough to go around. Good luck everyone!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hmm does anyone know when the committee will meet again and how many spots?
bump
why is everyone so quiet?
Nada. It seems like there has been no waitlist movement from LLU so far based on the allo WL threads. But I would really like to know because at some point I am going to need to pack up and move to NY. I am not too hopeful for LLU though because I told them i was retaking my MCAT at the end of May.. and did so yesterday but ended up voiding midway through because I didn't feel good about the way the exam was going for me.. so now they will be expecting this update from me and I can't deliver =(
Hey guys,
I just withdrew from the alternate list. Good luck everyone!
I just withdrew from the alternate list. Good luck everyone!
Has nobody gotten off the waitlist yet at SDN?
I did! I got the call Friday! I hope you all get in too!
^ December
hi all
I am from middle east, I applied to nutrition ms at LLU, I already submitted my application in first Jan, the last things I will do it is forwarding the GRE scores in next few days. My question is how long the admission process is take? And when will I suppose to receive the acceptance decision?
Thank you
I am from middle east, I applied to nutrition ms at LLU, I already submitted my application in first Jan, the last things I will do it is forwarding the GRE scores in next few days. My question is how long the admission process is take? And when will I suppose to receive the acceptance decision?
Thank you
has there been movement at LLU in the past month? i've lost almost all hope as orientation is fast approaching in 2 weeks
for those on the alternate list, what are you guys planning on doing during this year if you don't get in?
for those on the alternate list, what are you guys planning on doing during this year if you don't get in?
Congratulations! Glad you made it! 🙂 🙂
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K