You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Northwestern (Feinberg) Secondary Application Thread
Started by chad5871
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Is it safe to say that if we havent received an email by now, we're looking at WL or rejection?
Unfortunately it looks that way. I am in the same boat as you. Hopefully some impassioned letters will do some good. This is my 3rd wait list in as many weeks. Oh well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So for those who have been accepted... the second look invite is up on the status page. I registered... officially attending second look. Kinda nice to say. Who else is gonna be there?
So for those who have been accepted... the second look invite is up on the status page. I registered... officially attending second look. Kinda nice to say. Who else is gonna be there?
I will be! already booked my flight. Are you staying Friday night though? I'm leaving right after Second Look's over.
I will be! already booked my flight. Are you staying Friday night though? I'm leaving right after Second Look's over.
I haven't bought a plane ticket yet, but I will probably try to stay a few extra days. No school, no work, might as well take a mini-vacation and really get a feel for Chicago. So excited!😀
I haven't bought a plane ticket yet, but I will probably try to stay a few extra days. No school, no work, might as well take a mini-vacation and really get a feel for Chicago. So excited!😀
lucky...i still have finals 👎
hey, has anyone gotten a pre-interview rejection yet?
Still haven't received mine, but I'm Canandian so it may take a while to get here.
I've received my letter in the mail, I am on the east coast. I am so excited! someone start a facebook group so we can all meet each other virtually...? 🙂 YEAY class of 2013 Northwestern Med!!!!
Feinberg's State of the School address, very informative: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scSVejmokFw&feature=channel_page
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got e-mail from Feinberg. I'm on the alternate list. 3 wait lists in 3 weeks.
AtG
Me too, I wonder how big the list is. Hopefully the letter will have more info!
Yes, must have been waitlist day at Northwestern. I don't understand why he said the status page is no longer active for us - wouldn't that have been easier than an email?
Yes, must have been waitlist day at Northwestern. I don't understand why he said the status page is no longer active for us - wouldn't that have been easier than an email?
Has anyone else not heard any news yet? I interviewed back in November and have yet to hear a decision.
....and if they've already given out all their acceptances and all the waitlists went out today, then the only thing left is rejection??? Things are not looking good...
Has anyone else not heard any news yet? I interviewed back in November and have yet to hear a decision.
....and if they've already given out all their acceptances and all the waitlists went out today, then the only thing left is rejection??? Things are not looking good...
Yeah, they sent all of the acceptances at once, so I'd guess that they send all of the waitlists at the same time as well. I didn't get as good a vibe here as I did at other places, but it is still a wonderful school. Good luck to all of you!
I also got an alternate list email yesterday around 3pm, and I interviewed in late Feb. At my interview Dr. Wallace said some years no one comes off the waitlist, while other years there have been many people to get in off the list. Anyone have any idea how big the list may be, or how many people got in off the waitlist last year?
Last year they accepted 454 and matriculated 169. I mean, doesn't that necessarily imply at least a good amount of waitlist movement (after taking into account those that are accepted and withdraw before a waitlist is even formed)?
I haven't decided 100% right now but before May 15 I have to choose between Northwestern and USC. I'm leaning towards USC pretty strongly right now (I really liked the program and personal reasons. Closer to my family and my girlfriend's family. Better weather...couple other things).
So there is about a 95% chance that at least one spot will open up...if that helps?
Hey, does anyone have additional info on the alternate list like is it ranked and so on?
will definitely be coming to 2nd look from boston. has anyone gotten any info on housing for 2nd look?
im coming in wed (3/29) night and leaving sat 5/2
on the registration website there are some instructions for getting in touch with student hosts. i think they plan to have student hosts for thursday and friday nights.
if you are talking about finding housing for next year... i am no help
on the registration website there are some instructions for getting in touch with student hosts. i think they plan to have student hosts for thursday and friday nights.
if you are talking about finding housing for next year... i am no help
I thought that they would set us up with a host, and give us their contact info so we could contact them. And we are only supposed to email them if there was a problem..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That s what i thought too that they would set it up for us and they we could email them once they told us who our hosts would be...mhh
I'm sure we'll be hearing from them soon. 🙂
Ditto. NW is affiliated with a prestigious Journalism program, so you'd think they could write a better reject letter than simply, "You're rejected, Sincerely, Northwestern."
Quote: Your application to Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine has been carefully considered by our Committee on Admissions. The Committee has completed its evaluation and is sorry to advise you that we are unable to offer you an interview for the class entering in the fall of 2009.
Sincerely,
Warren H. Wallace, MD
Associate Dean for Admissions
Quote: Your application to Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine has been carefully considered by our Committee on Admissions. The Committee has completed its evaluation and is sorry to advise you that we are unable to offer you an interview for the class entering in the fall of 2009.
Sincerely,
Warren H. Wallace, MD
Associate Dean for Admissions
Ditto. NW is affiliated with a prestigious Journalism program, so you'd think they could write a better reject letter than simply, "You're rejected, Sincerely, Northwestern."
Quote: Your application to Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine has been carefully considered by our Committee on Admissions. The Committee has completed its evaluation and is sorry to advise you that we are unable to offer you an interview for the class entering in the fall of 2009.
Sincerely,
Warren H. Wallace, MD
Associate Dean for Admissions
my thoughts exactly
I was pulled off the wait list today!!! Am I dreaming?
I dropped my acceptance last night so maybe you got mine. =) Good luck I love NW and i'm sure you'll like it there too.
Congrats!! I know you were crushing hard 🙂I was pulled off the wait list today!!! Am I dreaming?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K