2008-2009 Northwestern (Feinberg) Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Le sigh.

Members don't see this ad.

http://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu/admissions/md/process/index.html
So, according to their website, they only offer admissions decisions in November and late February. Have they changed these policies? Did they just forget to update their website? If not, we should all expect our final decision to come soon because "late February" is running out...

I believe that they did not update that part of their website. In the letter they sent they said a final decision would be reached in (early?) March.

does Northwestern offer merit scholarships? i vaguely remember Dean Wallace mentioning something about scholarships for students with certain backgrounds they want to recruit. Has anyone received a merit scholarship from NW?

Members don't see this ad :)
does Northwestern offer merit scholarships? i vaguely remember Dean Wallace mentioning something about scholarships for students with certain backgrounds they want to recruit. Has anyone received a merit scholarship from NW?

Yes, there are merit scholarships (I have not gotten one). I don't know what criteria they are awarded on, however.

i sent an update letter, and i got a response saying that we should know by early march :)

Accepted in an e-mail at 4:55pm EST today (Monday). Surprised noone else has posted about this...?

Interviewed late Jan.

I'm psyched, good luck to all those waiting! :luck:

Do you guys think that this is the last round of admissions?

Do you guys think that this is the last round of admissions?

I doubt it. There haven't been that many acceptances plus Dean Wallace said to wait until early March.

I doubt it. There haven't been that many acceptances plus Dean Wallace said to wait until early March.

Do we know when "early March" is? I'm hearing conflicting things... that we will hear in early March or that the decisions will be made in early March but we won't hear till mid-March. Anyone have any information to clarify?

Members don't see this ad :)
who's going to the interviews this friday?

I'd like to hear from anyone that has good evidence that FSM's interviews are now closed for this round, as I can neither confirm nor deny this statement.

Can anyone enlighten us?

Thank you.

Do we know when "early March" is? I'm hearing conflicting things... that we will hear in early March or that the decisions will be made in early March but we won't hear till mid-March. Anyone have any information to clarify?

Apparently, 'early March' started this last Monday...right ?

AtG = :scared:

I think the latter. Because that's what they told me when I called to check on my update letter.

I think it's the latter, too. And what do you mean by last Monday AtG?

Accepted in an e-mail at 4:55pm EST today (Monday). Surprised noone else has posted about this...?

Interviewed late Jan.

I'm psyched, good luck to all those waiting! :luck:

These people got their acceptances this week, unless I'm reading this wrong...

AtG

These people got their acceptances this week, unless I'm reading this wrong...

AtG
Yeah, but I think that they got their decision as the same rolling acceptance that we were deferred from. The deferred people should start finding out mid-March.

Interviews just ended on friday. that was the last day of interview.

has anyone who interviewed 2/13 or later been accepted??

Hey has anyone heard when the decision committee will meet and sen out the emails??? I keep hearing in a couple weeks but i also keep hearing the beginning of march. does anyone have any real answers

If you don't hear by March 20 or so, I'd check. Otherwise, sit tight! One week won't make a huge difference one way or the other.

Hey has anyone heard when the decision committee will meet and sen out the emails??? I keep hearing in a couple weeks but i also keep hearing the beginning of march. does anyone have any real answers

I called the admissions office a few days ago and was told the admissions committee was meeting this Friday and decisions should be sent out 2 weeks after that.

hopefully it will be in a week or two

anyone know how they notify you? email?

also...how many do they accept in march as they've already accepted a bunch during the year

hopefully it will be in a week or two

anyone know how they notify you? email?

also...how many do they accept in march as they've already accepted a bunch during the year
i got my acceptance in november by email

I assume that they'll continue to email for acceptances and will probably mail rejections/waitlists.

Hmm.... This thread has been eerily quiet in the past few days. I am thinking next Monday, the 16th will be when they e-mail out the next accepts. It's been on a Monday for the last month or so. So long to "early March".

I would die if i got in.

Don't you think they'll send out their final decisions to everyone soon? I'm not sure it'll be next Monday, but my guess is that they'll be frantically stuffing both thick and thin envelopes in the near future, if they aren't already.

For people who have been accepted, did you get an amcas background check email this morning? I can't remember if I've gotten one for NU yet.

For people who have been accepted, did you get an amcas background check email this morning? I can't remember if I've gotten one for NU yet.
yes, and its the only school on the list i was accepted to.

Did anyone who got a "decision deferred until March" letter earlier on get a background check e-mail? Ahhh, let the neuroticism begin.

Oh wait, I got one already awhile ago for one of my other acceptances, maybe I shouldn't worry then?

I wish the background check email could just say which school is requesting it. The way it's worded is as if someone on this list has a secret crush on you but we're not telling who it is ;)

I wish the background check email could just say which school is requesting it. The way it's worded is as if someone on this list has a secret crush on you but we're not telling who it is ;)

Haha, I was just thinking that. You were accepted way back when, right? Were you accepted to any other background check schools, and if you were did you get an e-mail from AMCAS from each of them?

Haha, I was just thinking that. You were accepted way back when, right? Were you accepted to any other background check schools, and if you were did you get an e-mail from AMCAS from each of them?

Yes I was accepted in 12/22 (best day ever) but didn't get the background check email until this morning. I was also accepted to BU and Case but they each sent me background checks almost immediately after I was notified of my acceptance. So you will get an email for each school but you only have to fill out the "conditional acceptance background check" once.

Yes I was accepted in 12/22 (best day ever) but didn't get the background check email until this morning. I was also accepted to BU and Case but they each sent me background checks almost immediately after I was notified of my acceptance. So you will get an email for each school but you only have to fill out the "conditional acceptance background check" once.

Doesn't bode well for the people who have been waiting for the infamous "early March" if they didn't get an e-mail this morning! (I know I'm overthinking this, but I'm starting to get worried).

Doesn't bode well for the people who have been waiting for the infamous "early March" if they didn't get an e-mail this morning! (I know I'm overthinking this, but I'm starting to get worried).

I don't know how up to date the list is that Northwestern supplied to AMCAS. I withdrew my acceptance here five weeks ago (with confirmation from the admissions office) and still got the CBC email this morning. Got my hopes up that it was a non-rolling school I was waiting for. Grr.

So I think you still have a shot. Good luck

I don't know how up to date the list is that Northwestern supplied to AMCAS. I withdrew my acceptance here five weeks ago (with confirmation from the admissions office) and still got the CBC email this morning. Got my hopes up that it was a non-rolling school I was waiting for. Grr.

So I think you still have a shot. Good luck

Haha, sorry to hear that. And I know I shouldn't worry much yet, I'm just stupidly being neurotic.

I doubt that they've inputted new acceptances that haven't even been sent out yet.

I doubt that they've inputted new acceptances that haven't even been sent out yet.

I was accepted at the beginning of February and didn't get anything related to a CBC this morning, so I wouldn't be too worried if you're still waiting on a final decision.

:luck: everyone!

lol....i remember getting my background check email before getting any acceptances...and then i found out the next day i was accepted...hehe

Is anyone thinking about calling to ask when they anticipate sending decisions? I thought about it but shyness overtook me.

Someone did. I think the office said a week from Friday.

anyone went to the last day of interviews at NW? They said the committee met yesterday...

Perhaps they'll get the letters in the mail sooner then? Somehow I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.