You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Northwestern (Feinberg) Secondary Application Thread
Started by chad5871
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who thinks tomorrow may be a magical day? Probably not, but no thin envelopes to be seen in my mailbox yet! I'm sorta expecting one, but still nothing yet!
Man I sure hope so. But, recently accepts have been going out on Monday afternoons. Let's all hope for the best. 🙂
I also was accepted today!! I got a letter in the mail, and interviewed at the end of Feb. Good luck everyone. THe waiting should be over soon.
Did anyone who got the initial email about the background check for Feinberg get another one yesterday? Has anyone heard of getting 2 CBC emails for the same school? Why is AMCAS toying with my heart?
This right here is why they should tell which school the friggin' CBC email is for!
This right here is why they should tell which school the friggin' CBC email is for!

yes, I've gotten 2 emails and NU is the only school I was accepted to on the list.Did anyone who got the initial email about the background check for Feinberg get another one yesterday? Has anyone heard of getting 2 CBC emails for the same school? Why is AMCAS toying with my heart?
This right here is why they should tell which school the friggin' CBC email is for!![]()
Also, did anyone else not make the March 13th deadline for finaid? I forgot to send in 1 document... oops.
I can't take this waiting anymore!!! fgsdkjhglsdfjhgl
I know! I'm all pins and needles today! And I was already a chronic email-checker...
Watch, we won't hear for another week or something ridiculous 😱
I know! I'm all pins and needles today! And I was already a chronic email-checker...
Watch, we won't hear for another week or something ridiculous 😱
Stuff has been coming via snail mail recently. Read like the las 15 posts. That would even add to my craziness, as I have already received my mail today!!
Someone should call in, in my opinion!!
I called last Wednesday (11th) to ask a question about submitting financial aid info. They checked the status of my application at that time and said a decision had not been made. I assumed two things from that:
1 - I won't be getting a letter dated 3/10 so probably have longer to wait
2 - They will tell you when a decision was made if you call and ask them
They seemed happy to check status (in fact I didn't even ask them, they just did it), so I'd just go ahead and call. I bet it seems like a much bigger deal to us than to them.
Let us know if they say anything interesting!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone who got the initial email about the background check for Feinberg get another one yesterday? Has anyone heard of getting 2 CBC emails for the same school? Why is AMCAS toying with my heart?
This right here is why they should tell which school the friggin' CBC email is for!![]()
hey linguini.... i got that email too. and i only have the one acceptance. lousy amcas messing with my weekend.
Called again today. They told me a decision has not yet been made on my file (I: 2/3) but they're finishing up the decisions soon. She said that I should receive a letter in 1-2 weeks. =/
just called (1:30 pm Chicago time). they said all decisions have been made and that we would receive letters in 1-2 weeks.
asdjfhgsdfjkghdskjfghafdjhglsdfj
1-2 weeks is such a LONG time frame. I guess they're playing it safe. My guess would be that we'll start to hear this week some time.
I hope so. Since "early March" I have pretty much only thought about Northwestern... sad I know, but still. This is very draining, especially because I'm clinging onto a small smidge of hope even though I'm almost certain I will be getting the thin envelope. I just want to KNOW that I got rejected, not just wonder.
you beat me to it.. i just got the acceptance email to. I interviewed on the very last day at NW.... so I am guessing everyone should get theirs soon.
Just got my acceptance e-mail! Its my first acceptance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well at least we know, right?
If they have a big stack of people to email and they go one by one they may not have gotten to all of them yet. Or they decided to stop and resume tomorrow since it is almost 5 in Chicago.
That and you can always end up on the waitlist and get it from there. I don't think I'm going to Northwestern so my place will be open (I'm not 100% sure...more like 75%)
If they have a big stack of people to email and they go one by one they may not have gotten to all of them yet. Or they decided to stop and resume tomorrow since it is almost 5 in Chicago.
That and you can always end up on the waitlist and get it from there. I don't think I'm going to Northwestern so my place will be open (I'm not 100% sure...more like 75%)
Tell them to give it to me!
2
204090
are we supposed to email Dr. Wallace back to thank him? or was it a very generic email and we're not supposed to reply back?
are we supposed to email Dr. Wallace back to thank him? or was it a very generic email and we're not supposed to reply back?
I'm guessing it was generic.
Did he something like "you were picked because of your excellent experiences yada yada yada"?
Ya, I got the same thing 😀
2
204090
I'm guessing it was generic.
Did he something like "you were picked because of your excellent experiences yada yada yada"?
Ya, I got the same thing 😀
ya, exactly. okay then because i was struggling with what i should say. it was between a WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO or OMFG!!!!
....so someone should totally make a facebook group cause I'm pretty pumped. Someone with initiative that is.
<-- ready to join! =P
<-- ready to join! =P
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ya, exactly. okay then because i was struggling with what i should say. it was between a WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO or OMFG!!!!
Was busy so didn't get to the bottom of the letter. It looked like a form letter.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K