2008-2009 Ohio State Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what was the point of that exactly? Its not a real status page, it wouldn't let me change my password, and it just all around didn't make much sense...

Members don't see this ad.

So what was the point of that exactly? Its not a real status page, it wouldn't let me change my password, and it just all around didn't make much sense...

Yeah....lame

I guess I'm totally lame...but I don't see anything regarding my status (ie. amcas received, secondary received, etc) on my status page....am I looking in the wrong place?!?!

Edit: NM, figured it out....but my login info isnt working

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I'm totally lame...but I don't see anything regarding my status (ie. amcas received, secondary received, etc) on my status page....am I looking in the wrong place?!?!

Edit: NM, figured it out....but my login info isnt working

I am actually wondering the same thing you are, plus does it ever say u completed the secondary. They have recieved it weeks ago yet I have heard no reply, plus I am honestly not sure I am even checking in the right place.

Thank you to anyone that helps.

Edit: NM, figured it out....but my login info isnt working[/quote]

x2 my login isnt working, am doing something wrong?

Everyone with login trouble - I don't know if you've been doing this along, but the login info for the status page is different than the login for the secondary application site. The status page login is:

user ID - your AMCAS ID # (ex. 12345678)
password - first letter of your first name (ex. a) followed by the last four digits of your AMCAS ID (5678) followed by the last letter of your last name (ex. z) followed by the first 2 digits of your AMCAS ID (12)

So, if your first name starts with a and your last ends with z, your password would be a5678z12

Hopefully that helps

Hey All,

I have been swamped with other secondaries and have still not submitted this one yet, and it has been past the 30 day "deadline" given in the first email... will I be automatically thrown out, or should I still plan on applying regardless? Thanks.

For all of you that sent LOR's via Interfolio, hold long did it take for them to be marked as received? I got the email about the status page, so I don't want to bug them this week to ask.

Has anyone emailed the student host lodging coordinator that they mention in the interview invite? My emails are getting bounced back, though it may be my Windows Mail client.

Provide a glimpse of your future telling us where you see yourself 10 years after graduation from medical school based on your experiences thus far. (600 words)

I'm having the hardest time with this question. What if you're not sure of what you want to go into? Are there any suggestions on approaching it? Thanks.

I got the invite, but I can't make the date offered. Does anyone know which all days they interview on? I'm scared to click on the 'confirm' link.

Complete since 8/27 and haven't heard hide nor hair. A lull in interview invites? The silence before the shaft? Who knows? Aw, the highs, the lows of the medical school applicant. I await the zen calm of resignation. que sera sera. (yeah right.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone noticed OSU's status website isn't being updated? I submitted my secondary on 9/10, and everything else is in so it should be marked as complete. But even as of today, 9/20, the website says I have no action taken on my application and that they are awaiting submission of my secondary application.

Has anyone noticed OSU's status website isn't being updated? I submitted my secondary on 9/10, and everything else is in so it should be marked as complete. But even as of today, 9/20, the website says I have no action taken on my application and that they are awaiting submission of my secondary application.

Haven't heard anything, but it is weird that your secondary receipt isn't showing. I assumed that since it's an electronic submission it would pop up immediately. I'd call or email them.

their website seems to be having a lot of problems. it took ~8 days for my secondary to be marked as received. guess you could email them.

Has anyone contacted OSU about their status recently?? I had expected to hear from them by now.

um I've been complete at ohio since 8/26.... i've been waiting for so long!!!! i want to hear news :( they are taking forever.

um I've been complete at ohio since 8/26.... i've been waiting for so long!!!! i want to hear news :( they are taking forever.

I'm in the same boat too (complete 8/27). Plus, at my other interviews (wright state, case, toledo) I met applicants who got interviews already. Hopefully, it doesn't mean I'm gonna get the shaft.

Got my interview invite today! Not sure when I was complete, but it was sometime in the beginning of October.

I'm in the same boat too (complete 8/27). Plus, at my other interviews (wright state, case, toledo) I met applicants who got interviews already. Hopefully, it doesn't mean I'm gonna get the shaft.

My status page says that teveryone who interviewed in September and early October will be notified tomorrow. yikes. good luck everyone

My status page says that teveryone who interviewed in September and early October will be notified tomorrow. yikes. good luck everyone

I wonder if that means in 5 hours tomorrow? Or tomorrow morning tomorrow? AHH!

Received interview invite yesterday (email regarding status page)!!! Scheduled for December 15th. A little late in the cycle? Both my interview invites so far have been scheduled for December... :(. Don't all schools finish their interviews by February?

I wish I didn't apply so late. :rolleyes:

Whooo still SOOOOO excited!

Good luck you guys!

**Complete 09/12/08.

Received interview invite yesterday (email regarding status page)!!! Scheduled for December 15th. A little late in the cycle? Both my interview invites so far have been scheduled for December... :(. Don't all schools finish their interviews by February?

I wish I didn't apply so late. :rolleyes:

Whooo still SOOOOO excited!

Good luck you guys!

**Complete 09/12/08.
I got my invite yesterday, too, but my interview isn't until January 12th. :eek: I wasn't complete until October, so, that is probably why your interview is a month before mine...:confused:

I got my invite yesterday, too, but my interview isn't until January 12th. :eek: I wasn't complete until October, so, that is probably why your interview is a month before mine...:confused:

yea. totally regret applying later. but my first mcat verbal wasn't very good. ;P ...

both of us seem to have pretty late interviews. let's hope they'll save some acceptances for us! i would really like to attend OSU :thumbup:

good luck to both of us!

Had my interview yesterday. It was great! now the week of waiting begins.....:rolleyes:

Does anyone know when the adcom meets? I was just wondering how quick the turnaround time was between interview and decision. Thanks!

any OOS post-secondary rejections?

Does anyone know when the adcom meets? I was just wondering how quick the turnaround time was between interview and decision. Thanks!

I believe they meet every Wednesday (definitely once a week). They won't necessarily make a decision within that week though.

Decisions come approx 10 business days after your interview. That's EXACTLY when mine came (Accepted!!!!)

anyone know how long it takes for those with a delayed response to receive either an acceptance, rejection, or waitlist?

I did. Apparently I am out of state because I used my campus PO BOX rather than a permanent address (which I wouldn't have).

not that it matters. OSUCOM </3 me.

Is that true? Schools consider you OOS if you use a PO Box address?

anyone know how long it takes for those with a delayed response to receive either an acceptance, rejection, or waitlist?

Apparently they will begin relooking at deferred applicants in December or January when they are about 1/2 way through.

Just recieved an interview. They updated it sometime late Tuesday afternon. Interview is in late Jan.

The student I stayed with while at Ohio State told me that he was originally deferred, then accepted "around December".

Just recieved an interview. They updated it sometime late Tuesday afternon. Interview is in late Jan.

I received one on Tuesday also. Mine is scheduled early February. yikes! Does anyone know if OSU reserves seats in the class for those who interview later, or is the class mostly filled already?

I am interviewing in late January and am trying to make my arrangements, so I have a couple of questions for people who have already interviewed.

1. Which hotel is the best to stay at and do any of these have a shuttle to the interview building?
2. What time were you done for the day and how long did it take to get to the airport?

Thanks!

don't know about hotels, i stayed with family. but i was done at about 10 of 3. port columbus is a really easy airport, i got there at 5 for a 6:10 flight and had plenty of time to wander and grab food and a magazine. someone else should probably weigh in on how long it takes to get to the airport though..my aunt took the scenic route so i could see columbus. good luck!

oh, i thought i'd be the 100th post. just 101st.

I am interviewing in late January and am trying to make my arrangements, so I have a couple of questions for people who have already interviewed.

1. Which hotel is the best to stay at and do any of these have a shuttle to the interview building?
2. What time were you done for the day and how long did it take to get to the airport?

Thanks!

Anyone else?

I would suggest the varisty inn, if you ask at the front desk they will give you a number for a shuttle to take you to the admissions building
we finished around 3 or so and I got to the airport by 4 taking a scenic route driving with my friend from columbus

Gotten love from every buckeye school except the one I work at, live at, and have connections to. It's a strange strange world we live in. Sigh.

marked complete on 10/27...no word yet.
stats: in state, went to hopkins undergrad (crappy bcpm gpa), 28s, currently attending hopkins public health school getting a masters degree in the biochem dept...thoughts?

Hi. I just recently got accepted and I was wondering how long it took after your status page saids accepted to get the acceptance letter in the mail. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.