You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Rosalind Franklin Secondary Application Thread
Started by hypnix
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know whether today is the last interview day?
Yes it is
Any word on whether the adcom will meet now prior to the 15th deadline?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Barring a large financial aid package arriving in the next 3 days, I shall be withdrawing.
So, by email ok, or what?
So, by email ok, or what?
Any word on whether the adcom will meet now prior to the 15th deadline?
I was assuming they'd meet before May 15th so they can have decisions out that day, but I don't really know how everything works.
Ditto.Barring a large financial aid package arriving in the next 3 days, I shall be withdrawing.
So, by email ok, or what?
Ditto to everything legendary said. I withdrew from RFU just last week and gave up a housing spot. Good luck to everyone out there![]()
have fun at siu - i hope you really enjoy it.
Barring a large financial aid package arriving in the next 3 days, I shall be withdrawing.
So, by email ok, or what?
enjoy rush. i'll see you around chicago for residencies. 🙂
Ditto.
i didnt even realize you got accepted elsewhere. congratulations though - i get the feeling you'll be happy whereever you end up.
Anyone here Canadian and know when they are sending the visa stuff? I e-mailed them and they said "very soon" but that was like 2 weeks ago...I want to get started on it "very soon"!!!
I don't think they send it until June...at the earliest. But don't quote me on that. I think that kalia knows. You can find her posts on this thread. Let me know if you find out for sure though 😀
I thought she was Canadian..I messaged her a while ago though and she never answered. Anyway, I searched back and she posted this in April or so:
Canadians don't need a visa to study in the States. We need an I-20 form and financial documents that state we can pay for the first year of tuition before the US Customs Officer allows us into the country. Also, I called to ask when we get our I-20 form and I think CMS said that the I-20 form becomes valid about 30 or 60 days (or something like that) before classes start, so they'll give us the form around late spring/early summer (after May at least).

So..I will stop worrying for now😀
Canadians don't need a visa to study in the States. We need an I-20 form and financial documents that state we can pay for the first year of tuition before the US Customs Officer allows us into the country. Also, I called to ask when we get our I-20 form and I think CMS said that the I-20 form becomes valid about 30 or 60 days (or something like that) before classes start, so they'll give us the form around late spring/early summer (after May at least).

So..I will stop worrying for now😀
I don't think they send it until June...at the earliest. But don't quote me on that. I think that kalia knows. You can find her posts on this thread. Let me know if you find out for sure though 😀
I thought she was Canadian..I messaged her a while ago though and she never answered. Anyway, I searched back and she posted this in April or so:
Canadians don't need a visa to study in the States. We need an I-20 form and financial documents that state we can pay for the first year of tuition before the US Customs Officer allows us into the country. Also, I called to ask when we get our I-20 form and I think CMS said that the I-20 form becomes valid about 30 or 60 days (or something like that) before classes start, so they'll give us the form around late spring/early summer (after May at least).
![]()
![]()
So..I will stop worrying for now😀
Yes, this is the same info that I have. Just sit back and wait...for now.
Anyone with an "on hold" status waiting for a reply from them? Does this mean we'll hear before Friday, or will they continue past the deadline?
Anyone with an "on hold" status waiting for a reply from them? Does this mean we'll hear before Friday, or will they continue past the deadline?
this is only speculation, but the next set of news from them will probably be released next week and involve a waitlist.
I thought she was Canadian..I messaged her a while ago though and she never answered. Anyway, I searched back and she posted this in April or so:
Canadians don't need a visa to study in the States. We need an I-20 form and financial documents that state we can pay for the first year of tuition before the US Customs Officer allows us into the country. Also, I called to ask when we get our I-20 form and I think CMS said that the I-20 form becomes valid about 30 or 60 days (or something like that) before classes start, so they'll give us the form around late spring/early summer (after May at least).
lol, sorry Podie, I don't log on often anymore; I just read the posts. anyway, i called yesterday and they said they're being sent out in a week. And basically they send you an email with the I-20 form and instructions on how to fill it out and then you send it back and then they fedex you the I-20 document I think. That's as much as I know.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got a phone call today with a merit scholarship offer from RFU.
Hey rx515 - Did you have your financial aid information submitted already?
Got a phone call today with a merit scholarship offer from RFU.
Congrats!!!! 👍
Nope.Hey rx515 - Did you have your financial aid information submitted already?
I also just withdrew this morning. GL to all of you on the waitlist!
I also just withdrew this morning. GL to all of you on the waitlist!
where you headed instead??
does anybody know if they are giving out decisions anytime soon? I interviewed in April, and was placed on hold. Haven't heard anything since then.
mcwwhere you headed instead??
also withdrew
best of luck to those waiting...I'm currently waiting on my top choices too so I know how much it sucks
best of luck to those waiting...I'm currently waiting on my top choices too so I know how much it sucks
I was wondering if anyone has looked into or knows what the best way is in terms of cost of moving belongings from Canada to the US? OR is advisable to buy all the furniture in Chicago itself?
Youy can furnish an apt from IKEA for about 2k
Throw the rest in your car
Throw the rest in your car
Yeah I'm still waiting for a reply...Anyone with an "on hold" status waiting for a reply from them? Does this mean we'll hear before Friday, or will they continue past the deadline?
I'm still waiting as well. I thought schools had to let people know by the May 15th deadline? I guess that day is just the last day you can hold multiple acceptances?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just received another "hold" e-mail. Anyone else get the same?
I just got the same e-mail. Wonder what's taking them so long to reach a decision.
Did anybody get financial aid information yet?
Just got accepted via email! Good luck everyone else.
Just got an acceptance e-mail! My first acceptance, too. I think I'll eventually give up the spot though, depending on how a waitlist shakes out. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting!
It's only like 300 dollars to rent a UHaul to drive to Chicago (I live close to Toronto as well). You only have to drive it one way.
I was wondering if anyone has looked into or knows what the best way is in terms of cost of moving belongings from Canada to the US? OR is advisable to buy all the furniture in Chicago itself?
I withdrew my acceptance today. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
CMS is a great school, but I got into somewhere closer to my family, so I really had to go with that.
CMS is a great school, but I got into somewhere closer to my family, so I really had to go with that.
Is there anyone else here who has not head anything from CMS yet? Including a "hold" e-mail? I hope nothing is wrong with my application....
When did you interview?
Waitlisted
Withdrew.
Good luck waitlistees!
Good luck waitlistees!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! At least you wont have pay all the secondary fees though...Just got in off the waitlist!
First acceptance!!
(And right after I sent in my $966 AMCAS...)
Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Nice, I didnt know they did that.Thanks! Yeah. I also realized that I could get most of my money refunded because I just sent it in a couple of days ago. I'm certainly not complaining!
You should go post your WL acceptance over in the Official 2009 Waitlist Movement Thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=620901&page=5
Also, Does anyone know when the first day of class is? I'm having trouble finding an academic calendar on their website.
I believe the first day of school is August 17
it looks like they started posting schedules on their calendar of events, which is quite annoying to use. They didnt finish, it ends in mid September.
http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/DNN...Staff/CurrentStudents/tabid/2268/Default.aspx
click calendar of events toward the bottom
it looks like they started posting schedules on their calendar of events, which is quite annoying to use. They didnt finish, it ends in mid September.
http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/DNN...Staff/CurrentStudents/tabid/2268/Default.aspx
click calendar of events toward the bottom
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 206K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 287K
- Replies
- 737
- Views
- 227K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K