2009-2010 Dartmouth Application Thread

Started by shemarty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey for the greyhound bus, does it come out of the airport? - like where do we board if we do greyhound?

you know how in airports there is a loading/unloading lane and then further out a shuttle bus lane? There is a bench with Greyhound/Vermont Transit plastered all over it. That bus takes you right to Hanover. Hanover is drop off only though, so I cant remember if you have to pre-purchase your ticket online or if there is a kiosk at the Manchester airport (I almost never flew into Manchester, always took the coach out of Logan).
 
I see people that have been rejected were completed in September... I was complete at the end of August and have heard no news. Anyone think this is like a 'pre-interview hold' type thing? I am really hoping to hear soon (but only if it's good news I guess 🙂). Sounds like it will be quite an adventure to get to Hanover from Texas!
 
I see people that have been rejected were completed in September... I was complete at the end of August and have heard no news. Anyone think this is like a 'pre-interview hold' type thing? I am really hoping to hear soon (but only if it's good news I guess 🙂). Sounds like it will be quite an adventure to get to Hanover from Texas!

Hope that's the case. I was complete Sept.2nd and no news since...

I would love to visit Hanover.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think a "de facto hold" sounds like a reasonable explanation for our situation. They probably weren't interested enough in us to invite right away, but want to see what else is in the pipeline before pulling the trigger. I am not particularly optimistic about it though.
 
I think a "de facto hold" sounds like a reasonable explanation for our situation. They probably weren't interested enough in us to invite right away, but want to see what else is in the pipeline before pulling the trigger. I am not particularly optimistic about it though.

I waited 4 months until I received my invitation. Don't give up hope!
 
I see people that have been rejected were completed in September... I was complete at the end of August and have heard no news. Anyone think this is like a 'pre-interview hold' type thing? I am really hoping to hear soon (but only if it's good news I guess 🙂). Sounds like it will be quite an adventure to get to Hanover from Texas!

I hope this is the case. Complete since Mid-July and no news. And ya it is a little difficult to get to Hanover from anywhere, but it's so worth it. The town is amazing and beautiful and the school is pretty impeccable!
 
yeah, but you have a pretty sweet resume, let's just be honest about that. It was only a matter of time.

My resume isn't nearly as impressive and I got an invite after 4 months, so try not to lose hope! My mcat's a couple points below their average so it seems like they must look at the whole application. I hope your invite comes soon, good luck.
 
If anyone is flying into Manchester on 12-16 for an interview the next day, I'm renting a car and willing to give you a lift. My flight gets in at 5:45pm and I'm planning to head up to Hanover pretty much immediately thereafter. PM me if you're interested.
 
Hey guys, I was complete here back in 10/8 and I have still not heard anything about an interview (almost 2 months soon). Does anyone know when I can expect to hear anything? Thanks 🙂
 
9/8 for me. On the bright side, I have a friend who was complete in July and got the invite about a month ago. Looks like they can take a while with some.
 
Interview Invite! I was complete back in August so it's been a long time. They are currently scheduling dates for the 1st week of January, so not too far out.
 
Interview Invite! I was complete back in August so it's been a long time. They are currently scheduling dates for the 1st week of January, so not too far out.

Invite here too. Also complete in August. Tuesdays/Thursday in mid January available.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on the invites!! Did you get an email or status page update?

Don't count on status page- I got an interview invitation but my status page does not reflect this. It still says that my secondary has been received and that it's in process.
 
woot! thanks for pulling through alma mater! invite today, complete some time in early october probably.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any points for pre-interview updates for those of us in limbo?

Woohoo, interview invitation! Anybody heading over for the Jan 5 interview?

I was complete in early August and didn't hear back at all until yesterday. I submitted an application update including the outcome of a thesis presentation and a few new leadership activities two weeks ago. I think that might have triggered the invite.
 
Woohoo, interview invitation! Anybody heading over for the Jan 5 interview?

I was complete in early August and didn't hear back at all until yesterday. I submitted an application update including the outcome of a thesis presentation and a few new leadership activities two weeks ago. I think that might have triggered the invite.
nice. congrats!

can i ask how you submitted the update?
 
nice. congrats!

can i ask how you submitted the update?

I sent an email to the admissions office explaining my updates and emphasizing my hope that I'd be given a chance to interview for the entering class. I attached the update materials (a letter of nomination/thesis conclusion and a description of new activities) as word documents.

Hope this helps! Good luck to everyone still in limbo!
 
sooo...

do you think it would be a huge deal to try to re-schedule an interview for 3 weeks later so I can be there for Winter Carnival Weekend?

oh, and if anyone is still choosing interview dates, I highly recommend Feb 11th so you can catch the beginning of it.
 
sooo...

do you think it would be a huge deal to try to re-schedule an interview for 3 weeks later so I can be there for Winter Carnival Weekend?

It's possible, but please don't tell them you're doing it because you want to go to Winter Carnival. 😉

Also, remember that interviews are only Tuesdays and Thursdays so you'd have to be up here from Wednesday night until Sunday.
 
It's possible, but please don't tell them you're doing it because you want to go to Winter Carnival. 😉

Also, remember that interviews are only Tuesdays and Thursdays so you'd have to be up here from Wednesday night until Sunday.

Sounds about a right amount of time for a winter carnival visit!
 
Last edited:
hmm so pple have been rejected, so if we havnt, are in the running for an invite still? I wonder what our chances are. I have a lot of not rejected, yet not invited yet from schools that have already rejected many applicants 🙁 i guess this is good, but not greattt
 
hmm so pple have been rejected, so if we havnt, are in the running for an invite still? I wonder what our chances are. I have a lot of not rejected, yet not invited yet from schools that have already rejected many applicants 🙁 i guess this is good, but not greattt

I was in similar position few weeks ago, but now rejections are flowing in.

So you are in better position.

Good that I got into a school already, but I would love to have an invitation from Dartmouth.

I mean, I was complete since August.
 
I've been complete since early October, but haven't heard anything yet. I'd love to think that it's because they might actually be considering me for an interview, but I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully things work out!
 
I've been complete since early October, but haven't heard anything yet. I'd love to think that it's because they might actually be considering me for an interview, but I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully things work out!

I've been complete since September and haven't heard anything either. Here's to hoping for the best!! :xf:🙂:xf:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone tell me how they planned their trip? I'm from Toronto, so I'll either fly to Manchester or Logan (which one is better?)

I'll have to take some kind of transportation from the airport to Hanover...so what's that going to be?

I know from Logan I can take the Dartmouth Coach right??

Also, for people that interviewed there...where did you stay?? Is there anything nearby?
 
Hmmm...I interviewed in late October. Should I have heard by now?

Would it be rude to call admissions for an update?
 
Hmmm...I interviewed in late October. Should I have heard by now?

Would it be rude to call admissions for an update?

I would wait and try to be patient. I'm sure Thanksgiving bumped up wait times by a little and the end of the term is always a little crazy. I bet they'll try to release some stuff before the holiday break, though.
 
Can anyone tell me how they planned their trip? I'm from Toronto, so I'll either fly to Manchester or Logan (which one is better?)

I'll have to take some kind of transportation from the airport to Hanover...so what's that going to be?

I know from Logan I can take the Dartmouth Coach right??

Also, for people that interviewed there...where did you stay?? Is there anything nearby?

there's a greyhound (used to be vermont transit) from manchester but it's very infrequent (twice a day i think). the dartmouth coach from logan leaves every 2 hours. both buses drop you off right on campus in front of the hanover inn.

as far as where to stay, the hanover inn is on campus but pretty expensive. other hotels in the area are the marriot courtyard and another marriot, also more expensive than they're really worth. i would recommend staying with a student host.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.