2009-2010 Loma Linda Application Thread

Started by shemarty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh btw did you guys say that you attend church or other regular religious places on your secondary? im referring to the last question where it asks for specifics and name of the religious leader etc..

I described my strong involvement in an on-campus Christian fellowship as an undergraduate.

Also, I called the admissions office on Friday morning and Ms. Edwards (who schedules interviews) said that interview times are 'wide open' right now -- meaning it's all just getting started. So no worries guys- I'm sure you will hear good news soon! =) (The earliest interview date was Dec. 8.)

GOOD LUCK!! =)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I described my strong involvement in an on-campus Christian fellowship as an undergraduate.

Also, I called the admissions office on Friday morning and Ms. Edwards (who schedules interviews) said that interview times are 'wide open' right now -- meaning it's all just getting started. So no worries guys- I'm sure you will hear good news soon! =) (The earliest interview date was Dec. 8.)

GOOD LUCK!! =)

Thanks for the great info. Congrats on your interview too 🙂 I'm sure you'll do wonderfully. Took a peek at your mdapps and you're tearin the app cycle UP. 👍
 
Seriously praying for an interview at this school.. I visited the campus this weekend and absolutely fell in love with it 🙂
 
Interview invite on Friday!

Secondary submitted: 9/7
"Thanks for your interest..." email: 9/23
Secondary complete: 9/29
Invite: 10/30

I am not SDA, but am a Christian and also talked about my faith and involvement with church and campus fellowship.
 
Hello!

I know this is soo late but as I was checking my app status, I was wondering if the Reference letters are required by each of the letter writers? Or if AMCAS has our letters, do we still have to do the Ref Letters?

Thanks!
 
From what I understand, all LLU requires is a committee letter, or if not that, 3 individual letters. If AMCAS has them and they are assigned to LLU, then AMCAS should send them over within a day or so...

on other news... my best friend just called me- she got an interview here. I'm still waiting for mine. We have similar stats and ECs, but her MCAT score is a bit higher... she was also complete mid-Sept while I was mid-Oct. Even though I know it's early for me to be worried, I still can't help but be... 🙁
 
But the said on the email once my file has been complete and reviewed, they will notify me. That leads me to think they will contact me again only if they are ready to interview me (or reject me)?
 
But the said on the email once my file has been complete and reviewed, they will notify me. That leads me to think they will contact me again only if they are ready to interview me (or reject me)?

hmm.. i just double checked my emails, this is what I got for complete email:

This is to advise that all of your recommendations have been received and your file is now complete.

When your file has been reviewed, you will be notified of our decision by letter.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hmm.. i just double checked my emails, this is what I got for complete email:

Hmmm.. I just double checked and I haven't received a complete email yet after submitting my secondary in September. I wonder if this means I'm not marked complete yet and my file has yet to be reviewed? Should I call the school?
 
Hmmm.. I just double checked and I haven't received a complete email yet after submitting my secondary in September. I wonder if this means I'm not marked complete yet and my file has yet to be reviewed? Should I call the school?

it took them a long time to complete me and i remember calling at some point and they said just to be patient.. so maybe wait a bit more and then call.. gl
 
i had a dream last night that i got accepted to llu....it was awesome until i woke up and realized you need to be invited for an interview before you can be accepted....oops 🙄
 
Hey, random question... my friend wants to know when secondary applications are due for LLUSM. I know the primary AMCAS is Nov. 1, but I turned my secondaries in so long ago I can't remember when they are actually due, and I can't find the info because I must be insane... haha, can anybody tell me?
 
Have any non-SDA AND non-Christian folks gotten interviews yet? I'm actually a Muslim (and I know a current student at LLU who is also Muslim) but I'm still hesitant about completing my secondary. I would seriously love go there, but I'm not so sure they'd consider me given my faith.
 
Have any non-SDA AND non-Christian folks gotten interviews yet? I'm actually a Muslim (and I know a current student at LLU who is also Muslim) but I'm still hesitant about completing my secondary. I would seriously love go there, but I'm not so sure they'd consider me given my faith.

If you've already submitted your primary & received their secondary, I don't see why you wouldn't just go ahead and submit... unless you're really strapped for cash. But it's getting pretty late..
 
^ Yea, I had delayed for so long mainly because of finances. I just now submitted my secondary. Here's to hoping they give me a shot. :xf:

C'monnnn Loma Linda!
 
For people with an invite.. is it snail mail? or email?..

My dad said there's a letter for me from Loma Linda.. but I haven't yet been interviewed.. so I really hope it's not a pre-interview rejection :/ Lol.. I can't wait for him to get home, so i can tear that envelope open and find out!! :xf:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For people with an invite.. is it snail mail? or email?..

My dad said there's a letter for me from Loma Linda.. but I haven't yet been interviewed.. so I really hope it's not a pre-interview rejection :/ Lol.. I can't wait for him to get home, so i can tear that envelope open and find out!! :xf:

Very likely that's an interview invite. I'm so jealous. :d Congrats!
 
Very likely that's an interview invite. I'm so jealous. :d Congrats!

Thank you so much Calimed. It was an interview invite that my dad had been holding on to since last week! I completed awhile ago and haven't heard anything until, well, yesterday 🙂.. So good luck to you! I hope you hear good news soon 👍
 
Thank you so much Calimed. It was an interview invite that my dad had been holding on to since last week! I completed awhile ago and haven't heard anything until, well, yesterday 🙂.. So good luck to you! I hope you hear good news soon 👍

Congrats. When were you complete?
 
Thank you so much Calimed. It was an interview invite that my dad had been holding on to since last week! I completed awhile ago and haven't heard anything until, well, yesterday 🙂.. So good luck to you! I hope you hear good news soon 👍

Thanks! 🙂 Good luck on the interview!
 
Anyone know if they are still handing out December interview dates? And how long their interview season lasts?
 
hey so i'm applying to loma linda, and i submitted my primary application really late--submitted on 10/31 and complete 11/12. did i just waste my money by applying so late, or should i be expecting a secondary soon?
 
hey so i'm applying to loma linda, and i submitted my primary application really late--submitted on 10/31 and complete 11/12. did i just waste my money by applying so late, or should i be expecting a secondary soon?

Sorry, the deadline for Loma Linda was 11/15. I hope your other schools have later deadlines.
 
has anyone that was complete end of August received an interview invite yet? this thread seems unusually quiet....
 
hey so i'm applying to loma linda, and i submitted my primary application really late--submitted on 10/31 and complete 11/12. did i just waste my money by applying so late, or should i be expecting a secondary soon?

you might be able to ask for an extension since you only had 3 days to submit your secondary.. i'd say give them a call, it wont hurt! good luck :luck:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview invite today via snail mail (totally thought it was a rejection since it was a skinny, small envelope), non-SDA, IS. No idea when it will be for yet, I will call on Monday since I didn't receive it until after 2 pm.
 
Interview invite today via snail mail (totally thought it was a rejection since it was a skinny, small envelope), non-SDA, IS. No idea when it will be for yet, I will call on Monday since I didn't receive it until after 2 pm.

Congrats. When were you complete?
 
congrats on the interview 🙂 im still waiting for that thin envelope with good news but losing hope a little! did any of you guys with interview answer NO to the last question about attending a religious thing weekly and asks for name of the leader, etc..?? just wondering.. thx =)
 
Interview invite on 11/18...snail mail (that scary looking skinny letter). Got the received req letter e-mail 11/12. This is the only thing that didn't take forever in this application process 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.