-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Wake Forest University Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
How long does it take them to send an acknowledgement of primary? I submitted it to them yesterday ( Iwas verified a while ago and decided to add another school, so they should have gotten it today maybe).
They download AMCAS applications once a week. Your primary won't be in their system until next week (earliest monday).
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the app is down! help!please pm me
All materials necessary to evaluate your application have been received. Your file is currently under review. Please allow 1-2 weeks for this review.
No email, but I checked the status page and I am complete. They are reveiwing and I will hear by email of an interview or by snail mail of rejection.
can anybody post the link to the status site?
Woooo! Finally got the status change! I'll be getting a secondary... Yay! 🙂
(My application review was put on hold pending notice from my advisor that I'll complete my master's degree before next July... they received her email last Friday, so they were pretty quick after that!)
(My application review was put on hold pending notice from my advisor that I'll complete my master's degree before next July... they received her email last Friday, so they were pretty quick after that!)
So I'm kind of confused... my online status says I'm complete and that my file will be reviewed in 1-2 weeks. However, I just got an email with the following:
"All materials necessary to complete your application have been received.
The Committee on Admissions will now evaluate your application for interview status. Interview is by invitation from September through March. Not all interviewable candidates can be invited. If you have not heard by April, you will receive notification of your status at that time."
Does that mean that they will review me in 1-2 weeks and then not tell me until April?!
"All materials necessary to complete your application have been received.
The Committee on Admissions will now evaluate your application for interview status. Interview is by invitation from September through March. Not all interviewable candidates can be invited. If you have not heard by April, you will receive notification of your status at that time."
Does that mean that they will review me in 1-2 weeks and then not tell me until April?!
that email of completion was pretty aloof
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone asked if the Personal Comments section is limited to 3-5 sentences, the same as the other two responses?
it's been awhile since i turned in the app, but if i remember correctly, i felt like that section was for like "extenuating circumstances" type of thing. so explain as much as needed i feel.Has anyone asked if the Personal Comments section is limited to 3-5 sentences, the same as the other two responses?
So I'm kind of confused... my online status says I'm complete and that my file will be reviewed in 1-2 weeks. However, I just got an email with the following:
"All materials necessary to complete your application have been received.
The Committee on Admissions will now evaluate your application for interview status. Interview is by invitation from September through March. Not all interviewable candidates can be invited. If you have not heard by April, you will receive notification of your status at that time."
Does that mean that they will review me in 1-2 weeks and then not tell me until April?!
Within a few weeks you may receive a interview invite, rejection or "we're not sure yet" answer. The latter just means Wake Forest could give you an interview invite whenever--extending all the way to April if that happens. I wish you the best! 🙂
So I'm kind of confused... my online status says I'm complete and that my file will be reviewed in 1-2 weeks. However, I just got an email with the following:
"All materials necessary to complete your application have been received.
The Committee on Admissions will now evaluate your application for interview status. Interview is by invitation from September through March. Not all interviewable candidates can be invited. If you have not heard by April, you will receive notification of your status at that time."
Does that mean that they will review me in 1-2 weeks and then not tell me until April?!
basically they are just trying to say that if you do not hear from them by april, they are going to email you and say you've been rejected lol
I still haven't even gotten an email acknowledging the fact that I applied here... makes me nervous. 

my status is now
Your application is complete. Interviews are by invitation from September to March. If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview.
does this have any hidden meaning? or are they just telling me i'm done? 😛
Your application is complete. Interviews are by invitation from September to March. If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview.
does this have any hidden meaning? or are they just telling me i'm done? 😛
what?my status is now
Your application is complete. Interviews are by invitation from September to March. If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview.
does this have any hidden meaning? or are they just telling me i'm done? 😛
my status is now
Your application is complete. Interviews are by invitation from September to March. If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview.
does this have any hidden meaning? or are they just telling me i'm done? 😛
My status has changed to this as well
my status is now
Your application is complete. Interviews are by invitation from September to March. If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview.
does this have any hidden meaning? or are they just telling me i'm done? 😛
Same here. You're right, the wording had me thinking they were trying to say something without really saying it as well. 😉
Neither have I. I know they download once a week. They must not have done that yet. Maybe later today or tomorrow. If not, I'll be nervous. Let me know if you hear anything.I still haven't even gotten an email acknowledging the fact that I applied here... makes me nervous.![]()
I think I got an interview? 
My status has changed to this:
"Your application is complete. You are invited to call and set up an interview with us at your convenience."
Finally got the status change thanks to my advisor taking forever to send the email to WF stating I will be finished with my MS by July.
No change for me.
Same.
my status is now
Your application is complete. Interviews are by invitation from September to March. If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview.
does this have any hidden meaning? or are they just telling me i'm done? 😛
I got this one.
Luun, I don't know why your status would say that you can call and set up an interview when they have said before that they would contact us. Anyway, if it is true congrats on the interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got this one.
Luun, I don't know why your status would say that you can call and set up an interview when they have said before that they would contact us. Anyway, if it is true congrats on the interview.
Um... I don't know either, but I'll call them and see if it's true, then I'll tell you guys. I'm at work right now so I have to take a quick break. 😳
EDIT: So I called the admissions office and they told me they're not setting up actual interview times until next week. I asked if my status was correct or if it was a glitch and she told me that my status is probably right, but I could tell that she wasn't the person that was working with the status messages. We'll see...
Last edited:
oops
Last edited:
I have the "Application is complete, don't call us, we'll call you if you get an interview" status too. And I've had this status for a while.
I really hope I get an interview from Wake!!
Holy Sh&*&* I just got the same status. I hope this is true.
Hold up I meant I got the same status as Luun. got too exited there.hahahttp://forums.studentdoctor.net/member.php?u=259405
Last edited:
I got this:
I believe it is a pre-interview hold.
Your application is complete. Interviews are by invitation from September to March. If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview.
I believe it is a pre-interview hold.
Starting to sound like no status change is a good thing?
No changes for me...still under review or whatever it says.
I don't think so. Sounds like no change just means they haven't gotten to you yet. I think the good status is that you have an interview, while the bad one is the one that mentions interviews are from September to March.
I got this:
I believe it is a pre-interview hold.
I agree. It doesn't mean anything. Hopefully we find out about interviews soon...though a few of you already seem to have found out! Congrats 🙂
my status is now
Your application is complete. Interviews are by invitation from September to March. If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview.
does this have any hidden meaning? or are they just telling me i'm done? 😛
Got this one, too.
I agree. It doesn't mean anything. Hopefully we find out about interviews soon...though a few of you already seem to have found out! Congrats 🙂
The previous status said they would tell us of a decision in 1-2 weeks, so I think this is actually their decision. Not good enough for an interview yet, but not rejected.
I don't think so. Sounds like no change just means they haven't gotten to you yet. I think the good status is that you have an interview, while the bad one is the one that mentions interviews are from September to March.
Yeah, that makes sense...
Um... I don't know either, but I'll call them and see if it's true, then I'll tell you guys. I'm at work right now so I have to take a quick break. 😳
EDIT: So I called the admissions office and they told me they're not setting up actual interview times until next week. I asked if my status was correct or if it was a glitch and she told me that my status is probably right, but I could tell that she wasn't the person that was working with the status messages. We'll see...
So she told you to wait until next week? I'm gonna call and ask about that in a bit.
EDIT: I just called the admissions office and they told me that the status is correct but to call next week to set up an interview as they won't start that until next week.
The previous status said they would tell us of a decision in 1-2 weeks, so I think this is actually their decision. Not good enough for an interview yet, but not rejected.
🙁My thoughts exactly.
So she told you to wait until next week? I'm gonna call and ask about that in a bit.
EDIT: I just called the admissions office and they told me that the status is correct but to call next week to set up an interview as they won't start that until next week.
Great! Thanks for calling. The person I spoke to didn't exactly tell me to call back.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm stuck with the "bad" status too.
Interview invited people: is it possible that you could post your MCAT scores and GPAs, so the rest of us can gauge the situation? Thanks!
Interview invited people: is it possible that you could post your MCAT scores and GPAs, so the rest of us can gauge the situation? Thanks!
I'm stuck with the "bad" status too.
Interview invited people: is it possible that you could post your MCAT scores and GPAs, so the rest of us can gauge the situation? Thanks!
Dude, your stats definitely didn't get you screened out. A lot of schools are looking for something really specific, especially for the earliest interviews.
I suppose so. Wake is one of those schools that is hard to predict I guess.
I suppose so. Wake is one of those schools that is hard to predict I guess.
Hahaha, I feel this way about all the schools I've applied to. What school have you run into that's easy to predict?!
"Application is complete, don't call us, we'll call you if you get an interview"Is this the "good" status? It doesn't seem good to me. They are telling you to not call them. That says to me that you aren't getting an interview, and so we don't want you calling us wasting our time. I don't know though. The status saying interviews are from September to March seems like it would be the "good" one to me. They are telling you when to plan for an interview. I think perhaps we are all reading too much into these statuses (sp?) though.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K