You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 Dartmouth Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Even though Dartmouth has rolling admissions, I get the feeling that most acceptances aren't released until March...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Even though Dartmouth has rolling admissions, I get the feeling that most acceptances aren't released until March...
That's what they told us on the interview day - they wait to see what the whole pool looks like and only accept those who would clearly be admitted early. Seems like there's been more rejections than acceptances though...maybe they were mostly pre-interview
Has anyone been accepted recently? It seems like no one has heard from them in a while...
Seriously this wait is starting to drive me crazy. I interviewed in mid September, and I haven't heard a word since. It really stinks because I'm waiting on Dartmouth's decision to figure out where I'll be next year. I really hope I'm on the accept-wait list tier rather than the wait list-reject one.
That's what they told us on the interview day - they wait to see what the whole pool looks like and only accept those who would clearly be admitted early. Seems like there's been more rejections than acceptances though...maybe they were mostly pre-interview
I wish they told our group that. Thanks for letting us know. So I guess it'll be March before most of us will hear?
waitlisted today
-interviewed in december;
final decisions must be coming out soon...(!)
good luck to everyone still in it
-interviewed in december;
final decisions must be coming out soon...(!)
good luck to everyone still in it
waitlisted today
-interviewed in december;
final decisions must be coming out soon...(!)
good luck to everyone still in it
sorry to hear, but it's way better than rejection, right? -- still got a chance 🙂
do you mind if i ask if this was sent by snail mail? if so, then decisions MUST be coming out real soon...
Congrats! 👍
Still waiting for my pre-interview rejection...
Still waiting for my pre-interview rejection...

Looks like a guy made a Facebook group... I don't want to be the first person to join so you should do something about that.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_166022766783306
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_166022766783306
Looks like a guy made a Facebook group... I don't want to be the first person to join so you should do something about that.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_166022766783306
There are more people in the group now lol
And congrats ladypiggy!!!
I just got accepted today via snail mail!! YAY!!!
I interviewed at the end of January
you got mail on presidents day?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you!
Yea, I got the letter in my school mailbox today, I think it was actually delivered on Saturday.... The acceptance letter is dated Feb 18th
and yes, unfortunately, my college doesn't recognize this holiday, so I had classes today 🙁
Yea, I got the letter in my school mailbox today, I think it was actually delivered on Saturday.... The acceptance letter is dated Feb 18th
and yes, unfortunately, my college doesn't recognize this holiday, so I had classes today 🙁
Last edited:
waitlist is via email
So I am shopping for a new laptop and I was wondering if Dartmouth has any requirements?
There aren't really too many requirements. If you buy the laptop through the school (with your education discount), they'll service it under warranty at Dartmouth (they sell Lenovo and Apple products). Their are other authorized Apple repair people in the area (Systems Plus in Hanover and Lebanon) so don't feel like it must be through Dartmouth. In general, most people probably have Apples and then the next most popular are Lenovo, but that doesn't mean you must have one of those laptops (although I'm biased towards Apple).
There aren't really too many requirements. If you buy the laptop through the school (with your education discount), they'll service it under warranty at Dartmouth (they sell Lenovo and Apple products). Their are other authorized Apple repair people in the area (Systems Plus in Hanover and Lebanon) so don't feel like it must be through Dartmouth. In general, most people probably have Apples and then the next most popular are Lenovo, but that doesn't mean you must have one of those laptops (although I'm biased towards Apple).
You are always super helpful. Thanks!
Hey Physicsnerd,
Where do you recommend living in Hanover/Lebanon? I've been looking at apartments.
Thanks!
There are a lot of places you could live, but make your life easier by just living in the North Park apartments owned by Dartmouth. They're nice, include all utilities and are close to DMS. They're more expensive than many other options, but worth it.
So I know you guys say that no news is good news from Dartmouth...but this is getting kinda crazy 😛
I second that.... Really hopng for an intwrview
Does anyone know if Andrew Welch is still the head of admissions at DMS?
Yes
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are intervirew invites given by phone or email?
email. They send you a few dates to pick from.
when sending a letter of interest post-interview, is it better to email it to Andrew Welch, or would it be more appropriate to email it to someone else in admissions?
thanks for any input
Andy is fine.
email. They send you a few dates to pick from.
Thanks for the reply stevo
just got an interview but still trying to find the best way to get there. any advice?
Where are you coming from? There are a couple of options:
- Dartmouth Coach from NYC or Boston
- Drive from Boston Logan, Manchester NH, or NYC
- Fly using Cape Air from White Plains to Lebanon NH
I do not recommend driving from NYC, if you can avoid it. It's about a 5 hour drive with no traffic, and driving in the city is awful.
Where are you coming from? There are a couple of options:
- Dartmouth Coach from NYC or Boston
- Drive from Boston Logan, Manchester NH, or NYC
- Fly using Cape Air from White Plains to Lebanon NH
I do not recommend driving from NYC, if you can avoid it. It's about a 5 hour drive with no traffic, and driving in the city is awful.
There's also a Greyhound from Manchester. However, I would opt to fly into Boston-Logan and catch the Dartmouth Coach - it's the most convenient/easiest route. Timing wise, you're entering finals week and spring break for the first years so you may not be able to find a host. But try a few people and the second years if there are any listed. At the very least, ask for their thoughts on places to stay/eat/how to get to the school, etc. The 2 hotels in town are pretty expensive but they're walking distance to everything you'll need including the school (I'd recommend sixsouth.com - it's brand new and a little cheaper.) The ones further away (10-15 min) are decent/cheaper (~$100+/-) [try lebanon > white river junction; and courtyard mariott is closer/nicer (and within walking distance to a grocery store, liquor shop, and a mexican restaurant) than days inn]. If you're staying outside of Hanover, there's probably the cab fees to think about, too. (~$12/ride)
Last edited:
Just got an invitation, very surprised! Wary of flying in snowy weather, though.
On Saturday??
Another option is Amtrak's Vermonter going out of Penn Station to White River Junction. Takes about 7.5 hours.
interview invite on Friday 03/04. Nice surprise 🙂 but I'll be withdrawing. Good luck everyone 

On Saturday??
No, I got it the Friday before about 3:45 pm. But I didn't see it until later.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, I got it the Friday before about 3:45 pm. But I didn't see it until later.
when were u complete?
So do you think march interviewees have as good a shot or were interviewing for the waitlist?
+1...physicsnerd, might you have an idea?
So do you think march interviewees have as good a shot or were interviewing for the waitlist?
They are not going to waste your time and theirs interviewing you if they do not think you are qualified (on paper) to be a med student at Dartmouth. I highly doubt they're just interviewing to fill waitlist spots.
Last edited:
They are not going to waste your time and theirs interviewing you if they did not think you were qualified (on paper) to be a med student at Dartmouth. I highly doubt they're just interviewing to fill waitlist spots.
thanks! physicsnerd 🙂
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K