You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 Dartmouth Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
hey guys,
does anyone know the character limit for the "essay" part of the dartmouth secondary?
thanks,
S
Kinda late, huh?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does dartmouth wait till the very end to give out rejections or have they been handing them out already? Not sure whether its a good thing not to hear anything from them or bad ha. And anybody know what the interview dates left are?
does dartmouth wait till the very end to give out rejections or have they been handing them out already? Not sure whether its a good thing not to hear anything from them or bad ha. And anybody know what the interview dates left are?
I'm in the same boat and I'm believing that no news is better than a rejection...
does dartmouth wait till the very end to give out rejections or have they been handing them out already? Not sure whether its a good thing not to hear anything from them or bad ha. And anybody know what the interview dates left are?
Just got an interview invite today. They offered three dates: Jan. 4, 6, and 13. I'm assuming there are plenty of mid-late January spots till left, so don't give up yet!
I interviewed there Oct 14. absolutely loved DMS! Havent heard a word. I called the admissions office and the lady said they dont give status updates. I soooo want to hear from them. I'm worried 🙁
They said during my interview day that only a handful of people get accepted before the new year. Essentially they accept the very top right away, and also reject some people, but the grand majority of interviewees are in limbo until February-ish when they have a better idea of the whole candidate group.
I wasn't expecting to be in the first group, so I'm thinking no news (and no rejection) is a good thing...at least that's what I keep telling myself.
Hang in there!
For those of you who were invited today, when did u complete your app?
thanks
thanks
dartmouth reviews applications in submitted order, right?
edit: nvm, dartmouth doesnt make invites/rejections in the completion sequence..
edit: nvm, dartmouth doesnt make invites/rejections in the completion sequence..
Last edited:
They said during my interview day that only a handful of people get accepted before the new year. Essentially they accept the very top right away, and also reject some people, but the grand majority of interviewees are in limbo until February-ish when they have a better idea of the whole candidate group.
I wasn't expecting to be in the first group, so I'm thinking no news (and no rejection) is a good thing...at least that's what I keep telling myself.
Hang in there!
Hahah. I'm in the same boat. Here's hoping for the best.
Just got the rejection email, complete 7/28. Good luck to everybody still in the running!
Sorry to hear that, when were you complete?
Sorry to hear that, when were you complete?
Read his post closely...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. what is the grading system for the pre-clinical years? (Pass/Fail, Honors/High Pass/Pass/Fail, etc.?)
2. is the curriculum organ-systems based or subject-based?
thank you!
2. is the curriculum organ-systems based or subject-based?
thank you!
1. what is the grading system for the pre-clinical years? (Pass/Fail, Honors/High Pass/Pass/Fail, etc.?)
2. is the curriculum organ-systems based or subject-based?
thank you!
Year 1: P/F and subject-based
Year 2: H/P/F and organ-based
Year 3+4: H/HP/P/F
The curriculum is being re-evaluated (as always), so this could change. The grading system has changed since I started med school.
Question for accepted applicants: do you know if the response form is standard for all schools? I know we can hold as many acceptances as we like until May, so if I'm definitely interested in DMS (LOVED the school when I interviewed) but don't know where I'll ultimately end up, I should have returned the form saying I'll attend right? I'm just a little paranoid because the Admissions Office sent me a reply letter saying they are "pleased with [my] response indicating [my] commitment to enter Dartmouth Medical School." This is getting long-winded, but what I mean to ask is this does not mean I've already committed to attending does it?
Question for accepted applicants: do you know if the response form is standard for all schools? I know we can hold as many acceptances as we like until May, so if I'm definitely interested in DMS (LOVED the school when I interviewed) but don't know where I'll ultimately end up, I should have returned the form saying I'll attend right? I'm just a little paranoid because the Admissions Office sent me a reply letter saying they are "pleased with [my] response indicating [my] commitment to enter Dartmouth Medical School." This is getting long-winded, but what I mean to ask is this does not mean I've already committed to attending does it?
You can hold as many acceptances as you want until May 15 (May 1 for MD/PhD). If they accepted you they obviously want you to come here but you haven't really committed to attend until May 15 arrives and you are still holding an acceptance. So, yes. That's the way you should have returned the form.
Congrats!
Pre-interview invite rejection today, too. Complete 9/17. GL, everyone!
Pre-interview invite rejection today, too. Complete 9/17. GL, everyone!
I am sorry guys good luck with all the other schools!! Don't Give Up! =]
Immortalia: You have a 39 and were rejected from DMS w/o an interview....I am really shocked?! Not everyone gets a 39 lol...Crazy...any particular reason why you think they didn't like your app?
Good luck with the rest of your schools!
I am sorry guys good luck with all the other schools!! Don't Give Up! =]
Immortalia: You have a 39 and were rejected from DMS w/o an interview....I am really shocked?! Not everyone gets a 39 lol...Crazy...any particular reason why you think they didn't like your app?
Good luck with the rest of your schools!
Haha, thanks for the words 🙂 But I guess this just shows that the MCAT (and GPA) doesn't count for everything. I'd say that I have a lot less clinical experience than the average applicant. I did send an update letter last month showing more clinical experience since AMCAS submission time, but ah well.
GL to you, too!
They've had my app since July as well... one of the first I did!
I haven't heard anything, so I sent an update e-mail today with my fall grades new volunteering/shadowing, research etc... and a little I REALLY WOULD LOVE AN INTERVIEW YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME PLEASEEEEE DONT FORGET IM HERE!! at the end
doesn't sound toooo desperate... really... *cough cough* just figured at this point might as well throw everything I've got out there.
Best of luck guys!
I haven't heard anything, so I sent an update e-mail today with my fall grades new volunteering/shadowing, research etc... and a little I REALLY WOULD LOVE AN INTERVIEW YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME PLEASEEEEE DONT FORGET IM HERE!! at the end

doesn't sound toooo desperate... really... *cough cough* just figured at this point might as well throw everything I've got out there.
Best of luck guys!

Interview invite today!
Last edited:
Interview invite today for late January.
completion date?
Thanks!
Last edited:
completion date?
9/2/10
Anyone know what the interviews are like?
Anyone know what the interviews are like?
2 interviews with faculty. I think they were either scheduled for 30 or 45 minutes, I can't remember.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know what the interviews are like?
2 30-min interviews with faculty. They have access to your file but some prefer closed-file so prepare for both open and closed file. Most people said the interviewers are interested in getting to know you better so just relax and good luck!
any new invites lately? For those of you recently invited, do you mind sharing the dates they gave you. Does anyone know if they interview past feb?
any new invites lately? For those of you recently invited, do you mind sharing the dates they gave you. Does anyone know if they interview past feb?
Very curious about this as well...
any new invites lately? For those of you recently invited, do you mind sharing the dates they gave you. Does anyone know if they interview past feb?
Based on last year's thread, they invite through late Feb-early March and interview up until mid March.
Of course, it won't necessarily be the same this year...
Based on last year's thread, they invite through late Feb-early March and interview up until mid March.
Of course, it won't necessarily be the same this year...
Interviews are scheduled until mid-March again this year so the same timeline is probable.
Physicsnerd, do you know what the MD/PhD interviews at Dartmouth are like?
My interview is in the morning!!! I'm really excited, but really nervous too!
wahoo interview invite for me too! Complete September 4th, long wait but worth it!
congrats guys! can you please share with us the dates that are being offered please??
congrats guys! can you please share with us the dates that are being offered please??
I sent an in the area email a couple of days ago and they honored the range that I gave them. There might still be interviews available before my dates though... they gave me Jan 27th, Feb 1st, and Feb 3rd
good luck!
Invited 1/5. Complete 11/22. Given choices of 1/18, 1/20, or 1/27 for interview dates.
I'm confused, does dartmouth continually reject pre-interview? Or only a batchfull of rejections early (Dec.) and rest at the end?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm confused, does dartmouth continually reject pre-interview? Or only a batchfull of rejections early (Dec.) and rest at the end?
I was rejected pre-interview in Jan.
When do they typically notify (accept, reject, or waitlist) the rest of us who doesn't walk on water? LOL
Last edited:
When do they typically notify (accept, reject, or waitlist) the rest of us who doesn't work on water? LOL
Quite interested in this as well. Been in review since mid-September.
i think w/dartmouth you're in the running if you haven't been rejected yet, unlike other schools where they give you the silent treatment until the very end. this is only speculation though. but with schools that reject pre-interview, you can assume that if you haven't heard back, you're still in the running.
I was rejected pre-interview in Jan.
I'm sorry, was it an email or snail mail letter? Have you got any good news from any NY school?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K