2010-2011 Dartmouth Application Thread

Started by ksmi117
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm trying to arrange to have a student host but when I click on the link for the hosting program...

dms.dartmouth.edu/admissions/hosting/contacts

They ask for a username and password...Was the username and password given to us somewhere in the confirmation e-mail or do we need to call the Admissions office to find out?
 
I'm trying to arrange to have a student host but when I click on the link for the hosting program...

dms.dartmouth.edu/admissions/hosting/contacts

They ask for a username and password...Was the username and password given to us somewhere in the confirmation e-mail or do we need to call the Admissions office to find out?

Its given somewhere in the email attachment.
 
rejected - a little surprised but hey, I'm in at a school I really like 😛

congrats on the acceptances, and good luck to those still waiting to hear.
 
Last edited:
Congrats to those who were accepted. When did you guys interview? I'm just trying to get a sense of the turn-around time.
I interviewed in early October
 
Congrats myownself, Kip and dinodino!!! I did not know that Dartmouth would be sending acceptances so early!

I am interviewing there soon, I hope I do well!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rejected. lame.

the first line in the rejection letter made me laugh though: "I am writing to share what I believe will be disappointing news."

Disappointing news? Really? Are you sure? hahahaha.
 
rejected. lame.

the first line in the rejection letter made me laugh though: "I am writing to share what I believe will be disappointing news."

Disappointing news? Really? Are you sure? hahahaha.

I love your attitude! Sorry about the rejection, but life is so much better when you have a sense of humor about things like that. I'm sure you're going to go far in this career with that attitude :luck:
 
rejected. lame.

the first line in the rejection letter made me laugh though: "I am writing to share what I believe will be disappointing news."

Disappointing news? Really? Are you sure? hahahaha.

Haha I just lol-ed in the library reading that.
 
Hey guys,

I'm a MS1 from dartmouth. Here to answer your burning questions. I'll try my best to check this thread daily! Good luck with those apps👍
 
I just got an acceptance letter 🙂 I interviewed in late September and it was postmarked Oct 23.
 
Congrats! Any chance you could let us know your ballpark stats and exactly how late in September? I know it's kind of nosy, but I'm dying to know how close they are to deciding on my interview group.

-Thanks
 
Congrats! Any chance you could let us know your ballpark stats and exactly how late in September? I know it's kind of nosy, but I'm dying to know how close they are to deciding on my interview group.

-Thanks

Not all decisions are made in the order of interviews. You could interview in October and be accepted in February while someone else at you interview day could get in two or three weeks after their interview. So, unfortunately, just because the committee has discussed your application post-interview, it doesn't mean you'll necessarily hear anything soon. Or, you could. 😉

Good luck!
 
Yeah, I remember them detailing the admissions process for us at the interview. However, I cannot help but obsessing over the earliest I might hear.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed the week of Sept. 20, and BCPM GPA: 3.93, cGPA: 3.96, MCAT: 37R. Best of luck!
 
Hey guys, I received the acceptance letter through the mail.

For you statisticians out there, I interviewed on Sept 30th, 3.8cGPA/sGPA, 37S, and a contagious smile.

😀 Best of luck to everyone else out there!
 
Dear god, sooooo close to my day. My stats are basically identical to you guys. I love you Dartmouth!!!!!! pls pls pls
 
Hey guys, I received the acceptance letter through the mail.

For you statisticians out there, I interviewed on Sept 30th, 3.8cGPA/sGPA, 37S, and a contagious smile.

😀 Best of luck to everyone else out there!


Congrats RickyJamesMD!!!!!!! 😎
 
Congrats to everyone accepted! I have an interview this week and I am so nervous! Hopefully I will be hearing back awesome news like you guys in a month or so!:xf:
 
complete since 9/08 and still haven't heard...really starting to lose hope T_T
34Q cGPA 3.96 sciGPA 3.99
would really love an interview at Dartmouth esp since it's one of the few schools that provide financial aid to Canadian students.
I want to send an update letter since I've just received a TA position, should i do that via email or snail mail? and to whom?
Thanks 😳
 
Complete since 9/14 when I received my MCAT score and still waiting as well

34R/3.92 cGPA/3.91sGPA

👎
 
complete since 9/08 and still haven't heard...really starting to lose hope T_T
34Q cGPA 3.96 sciGPA 3.99
would really love an interview at Dartmouth esp since it's one of the few schools that provide financial aid to Canadian students.
I want to send an update letter since I've just received a TA position, should i do that via email or snail mail? and to whom?
Thanks 😳

Don't lose hope! There were people in last year's thread getting invites after 5 months! 🙂
 
complete since 9/08 and still haven't heard...really starting to lose hope T_T
34Q cGPA 3.96 sciGPA 3.99
would really love an interview at Dartmouth esp since it's one of the few schools that provide financial aid to Canadian students.
I want to send an update letter since I've just received a TA position, should i do that via email or snail mail? and to whom?
Thanks 😳

You can address your update to Andy Welch (Dean of Admissions). Andy prefers snail mail but you can do email.

Andrew.G.Welch at Dartmouth dot EDU

I'm not sure a TA position is worth sending an update, but if you think it's a substantial change from your application, go for it. Good luck. :luck:
 
Does anyone know if any decisions for the early October interview crowd will be sent out this week? I honestly cannot remember what they told us/implied at the interview.

-Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if any decisions for the early October interview crowd will be sent out this week? I honestly cannot remember what they told us/implied at the interview.

-Thanks

It seems as if it has been going in order, so I suppose the Oct. 5 interview session should be next. Most likely some people will be coming out with acceptances this week, from that interview date.
 
It seems as if it has been going in order, so I suppose the Oct. 5 interview session should be next. Most likely some people will be coming out with acceptances this week, from that interview date.

I recall we were told that very few people will get acceptances and rejections at this time. Their whole admissions process includes a ranking (was it 1000 points?). After the interview, your file is presented to the committee and if your total rank is really high (or really low), then you find out about 6 weeks post interview. The Dean indicated that MOST students do not fall in those categories and that the majority (of those accepted) finds out later.

Sooo, if you do not hear anything around the 6 weeks post interview, you are still in very good shape.
 
Is that just wishful thinking though?

I ask this because in reading the previous years thread, the batting average acceptance range was greater than .8 starting out. By the end of the season it had only moved down to .750. This is just a small drop, is it really likely most of us are in that range?
 
Is that just wishful thinking though?

I ask this because in reading the previous years thread, the batting average acceptance range was greater than .8 starting out. By the end of the season it had only moved down to .750. This is just a small drop, is it really likely most of us are in that range?

No one on the previous thread could possibly know the cutoffs unless they were on the admissions committee and it is extremely doubtful that any members of that committee would post such information on this board.

Remember that in every year there are students who are accepted off the waitlist. So, obviously, people with a lower "batting average" have a shot at getting in.
 
Last edited:
Soooo I just got an interview invite to DMS. Huzzah! Problem is that I'm coming from Los Angeles and Hanover seems like a huge pain to get to.

Has anyone had to not accept the dates they offer in the email? They want me to come mid-December but that's not at all possible for me. Plus I work full-time and am almost out of vacation days, so the fact that they only interview on Tues/Thurs kind of sucks (oh well).

I'll be in DC for two weeks around x-mas...has anyone made the DC-Hanover (or similar) drive? It's like 9 hours and would probably require my renting a car, so I'm not sure if it's worth it. Another option is seeing if they'll let me visit in Janurary and fly to Boston then take the Dartmouth Coach. Any others who had to travel from LA to Dartmouth? Thanks 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.