You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 Johns Hopkins Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
Just got the call from Dean Hicks!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
Just got the call from Dean Hicks!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
didn't see the posts above me, sorry!
Last edited:
you guys think it's safe to say all calls have gone out?? let me know if any of you hear back today still!
Hey guys,
I got the complete email on oct 20. but I just got this email.
Thank you for your interest in the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. The on-line secondary system is now available for you to complete and submit your secondary application. The on-line system can be accessed from our web site at www.hopkinsmedicine.org/admissions/.
Please remember to print a pdf copy of your secondary application and mail it to the following address. If you have not selected the on-line payment option, you must also include your $75.00 application fee.
Sincerely,
The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
Office of Admission
733 N. Broadway, Suite G49
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196
410-955-3182
What?!?!! anyone else got it?
I got the complete email on oct 20. but I just got this email.
Thank you for your interest in the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. The on-line secondary system is now available for you to complete and submit your secondary application. The on-line system can be accessed from our web site at www.hopkinsmedicine.org/admissions/.
Please remember to print a pdf copy of your secondary application and mail it to the following address. If you have not selected the on-line payment option, you must also include your $75.00 application fee.
Sincerely,
The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
Office of Admission
733 N. Broadway, Suite G49
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196
410-955-3182
What?!?!! anyone else got it?
Hey guys,
I got the complete email on oct 20. but I just got this email.
Thank you for your interest in the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. The on-line secondary system is now available for you to complete and submit your secondary application. The on-line system can be accessed from our web site at www.hopkinsmedicine.org/admissions/.
Please remember to print a pdf copy of your secondary application and mail it to the following address. If you have not selected the on-line payment option, you must also include your $75.00 application fee.
Sincerely,
The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
Office of Admission
733 N. Broadway, Suite G49
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196
410-955-3182
What?!?!! anyone else got it?
LOL I got it too! I was complete around the same time you were. Seems like a glitch in their system.
seems like everyone is getting the strange email. Are they testing their email server or what? lol
I just got that, too, and I interviewed about 3 weeks ago, so I wouldn't worry about it. Someone must have made a little computer booboo 

lol definitely has to be a glitch...deadline has passed anyways
D
deleted269973
i got a snail mail rejection from JHU eons ago, and also just got that email. lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i got a snail mail rejection from JHU eons ago, and also just got that email. lol
Did you interview?
I have two sets of apps. One completed, one not. WTF
Edit: Whatever you do, do not call the office. OH LAWD SHE WAS HAVIN A BAD DAY!
Yeah I called the office a couple of times and noticed the rudeness too.
I got the same email. Has anyone tried calling them and asking?
maybe this is their "nice" way of handing out rejections
maybe this is their "nice" way of handing out rejections
D
deleted269973
Did you interview?
no i didn't.
I have two sets of apps. One completed, one not. WTF
Edit: Whatever you do, do not call the office. OH LAWD SHE WAS HAVIN A BAD DAY!
Hahaha...yeah she was not in a good mood! I definitely should have checked SDN before calling. Hopefully this means they're finally going to look at my application though 🙂 I've been complete since early august with no correspondence...just send me something beyond the generic complete email to let me know theyactually read some portion of my application, I don't even care what is says.
"Dear Champaigne,
Hi we know you exist. The $75 you sent us was used to buy lunches for applicants we actually are interested in. Despite this donation, we don't want you to call, email or interact with us at all. Just accept that your money is gone an move on with your life.
Sincerely yours,
JHU AdCOM"
I just now got the same email 🙂
I've been complete since mid-sept and haven't heard anthing yet
I've been complete since mid-sept and haven't heard anthing yet
Just to put this complete email thing to rest -- did everyone get the email about an hour later saying "please disregard the e-mail sent earlier today regarding receipt of your JHU SOM secondary application. The e-mail was sent in error." ?
So it's offish: error. hopefully no freak outs necessary
So it's offish: error. hopefully no freak outs necessary
Just to put this complete email thing to rest -- did everyone get the email about an hour later saying "please disregard the e-mail sent earlier today regarding receipt of your JHU SOM secondary application. The e-mail was sent in error." ?
So it's offish: error. hopefully no freak outs necessary
Yea got that. Didn't freak out tho. Knew I didn't have much hope at Hopkins anyways

Please disregard the e-mail sent earlier today regarding receipt of your Johns Hopkins University SOM secondary application.
The e-mail was sent in error.
Thank you for patience and understanding.
Translation: After that error, we received hundreds of calls from nervous pre-meds like you so please stop calling.
I really hope the admissions office didn't get too many calls. If you think you're smart enough to be a doctor, you should at least know what an obvious email glitch looks like, lol.
At least you know they have your correct email address
I got that email post-interview rejection. Zing!
I really hope the admissions office didn't get too many calls. If you think you're smart enough to be a doctor, you should at least know what an obvious email glitch looks like, lol.
👍
Completely agree with you.
Congratulations to accepted students! There is facebook group for you called Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Class of 2015. We're just getting started so stay tuned for more updates about Second Look Weekend.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I stayed in da dorm and uhh it was nice to have a bed to myself but i feel like you get more out of the host though they have the welcome thing at the hall the night before the interview but someone who stayed with a host said it was pretty nice she got to chat and stuff with the host. So its pretty much personal choice. I like my space so the room was better for me.those of you who interviewed already, do you guys recommend staying with a host or in their dorm hall service?
Just received an interview invite! Didn't see it coming...! 😀
Congrats! There's still hope fellas..
Does anyone know when the committee meets for applicants who interviewed on November 18th and 19th? (assuming they are on the same days)
I interviewed on the 11/4 and was told we would be hearing around 12/10-12/12 (early next week likely). You might hear before Christmas, but the committee might go on break before they get to your group. Not sure when the actual committee meetings are, though.
I interviewed on the 11/4 and was told we would be hearing around 12/10-12/12 (early next week likely). You might hear before Christmas, but the committee might go on break before they get to your group. Not sure when the actual committee meetings are, though.
I kInda want u in my class so I will pray u get yhe call 🙂 lol
Last edited:
I don't understand about half of your posts.
Edit: makes sense now.
Last edited:
I kInda want u in my class so I will pray u get yhe call 🙂 lol
Even if cole gets accepted, doesn't mean he'll go here...
Even if cole gets accepted, doesn't mean he'll go here...
Tru. I'm not 100% either but if he does get in then there is a possibility we could be classmates!!
Hi Everyone.
I was just wondering if I should be having concerns regarding the status of my application, or if I should be taking any proactive measures.
I have been marked complete as of 10/26, and since then, I have heard nothing from them. I am a Canadian university student, and our application process is significantly different than the American system, so any help that you could offer would be greatly appreciated!
Take care
I was just wondering if I should be having concerns regarding the status of my application, or if I should be taking any proactive measures.
I have been marked complete as of 10/26, and since then, I have heard nothing from them. I am a Canadian university student, and our application process is significantly different than the American system, so any help that you could offer would be greatly appreciated!
Take care
Hi Everyone.
I was just wondering if I should be having concerns regarding the status of my application, or if I should be taking any proactive measures.
No. This is how Hopkins runs things. They'll give you some scrap of information when they deign to, and not a moment before.
Hi Everyone.
I was just wondering if I should be having concerns regarding the status of my application, or if I should be taking any proactive measures.
I have been marked complete as of 10/26, and since then, I have heard nothing from them. I am a Canadian university student, and our application process is significantly different than the American system, so any help that you could offer would be greatly appreciated!
Take care
Please see one of the eight other threads you posted in.
I interviewed on october 28th 2010....
6 weeks have passed and still no word. We were told that we'd hear by early december but I haven't heard anything yet.
I called in 7 days ago (last Monday) to ask about oct. 28 interviewees.........they said that the committee didn't meet yet for that group of candidates.
I'm sure that they must've met by now. I'm beginning to worry. I really loved JHU and was really looking forward to it.
Are there any oct. 28th ppl here that got notified of anything yet?
6 weeks have passed and still no word. We were told that we'd hear by early december but I haven't heard anything yet.
I called in 7 days ago (last Monday) to ask about oct. 28 interviewees.........they said that the committee didn't meet yet for that group of candidates.
I'm sure that they must've met by now. I'm beginning to worry. I really loved JHU and was really looking forward to it.
Are there any oct. 28th ppl here that got notified of anything yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone.
I was just wondering if I should be having concerns regarding the status of my application, or if I should be taking any proactive measures.
I have been marked complete as of 10/26, and since then, I have heard nothing from them. I am a Canadian university student, and our application process is significantly different than the American system, so any help that you could offer would be greatly appreciated!
Take care
I mean...geez it's only been a bit over one month and you're freaking out? And posting the exact same thing in 12 different threads is a bit...annoying
Some people who've been complete since the summer haven't heard back from most of their schools for months. So no there's no problem with your application...
You've studied for 3-4 years and did everything you could. There's no other "proactive" measure you can really take. I suppose certain schools might like in-the-area emails or letters of interest...but at this point, all you can do is wait.
And seriously, chill out.
I mean...geez it's only been a bit over one month and you're freaking out? And posting the exact same thing in 12 different threads is a bit...annoying
Some people who've been complete since the summer haven't heard back from most of their schools for months. So no there's no problem with your application...
You've studied for 3-4 years and did everything you could. There's no other "proactive" measure you can really take. I suppose certain schools might like in-the-area emails or letters of interest...but at this point, all you can do is wait.
And seriously, chill out.
1) I am very "chill". Like I said, I am very unfamiliar with the differences between the Canadian and US application systems and I just wanted opinions from those who knew more than I.
2) I posted in 4, not 12. I didn't know if different schools had different wait times, or respond differently to update letters. Again, just trying to wrap my head around this process. I apologize for the extreme inconvenience it caused you to read my 50 word post 4 times.
Just read through some of the responses WesternMD got on various threads... this is a forum people come to for advice and help. Let's try to be a little more welcoming and supportive. This process is intimidating enough on its own.
Just read through some of the responses WesternMD got on various threads... this is a forum people come to for advice and help. Let's try to be a little more welcoming and supportive. This process is intimidating enough on its own.
+1. It's one thing if someone is trolling or asking a very obvious question that a simple forum search would answer. Western's question, however, doesn't fall into either category and shouldn't have received the rude responses it did. However, I'm going to assume that tensions are high right now, especially for those who haven't heard a yay or nay from these schools, and most of the responses are the result of that. Relax people, we're all in this together 🙂
1) I am very "chill". Like I said, I am very unfamiliar with the differences between the Canadian and US application systems and I just wanted opinions from those who knew more than I.
2) I posted in 4, not 12. I didn't know if different schools had different wait times, or respond differently to update letters. Again, just trying to wrap my head around this process. I apologize for the extreme inconvenience it caused you to read my 50 word post 4 times.
lrn2forum
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K