2010-2011 Rosalind Franklin Application Thread

Started by ksmi117
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FINALLY small pooled...i was starting to get nervous!

Submitted 8/27
Primary 9/3
Small Pool 10/19

They are slowwww

Seriously? asdlkfjdsaflk;hvd! 😡

That's SIX WEEKS for screening! And is it just me or do they seem to be getting slower as the cycle wears on? At this rate it'll be past Thanksgiving before they get around to me! 😡😡😡
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
small pooled today! they are moving a little slow, but I think it's peak processing time for most schools

complete: Sept. 4
small pool: Oct. 20
interview: god willing
 
Just wondering, are all their update correspondance through email (complete, small pooled, under review, etc)?
 
This is a little reassuring. I entered primary screening september 18, so I guess I shouldn't expect to have been small pooled yet.
 
Email Acceptance!!! :bow: :bow:

I'm OOS, interviewed 9/24, 32Q, cGPA 3.9, sGPA 3.9

Good Luck to everyone else applying to RFU this cycle.
 
Email Acceptance!!! :bow: :bow:

I'm OOS, interviewed 9/24, 32Q, cGPA 3.9, sGPA 3.9

Good Luck to everyone else applying to RFU this cycle.

Congratulations!!

Has anyone received their acceptance packets in the mail? I'm awaiting receipt of that packet before I mail off my documents...
 
Anyone who interviewed on Oct 13 get an acceptance yet? I felt like my interview went awesome yet I got put on hold.... Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow still waiting to hear from this place. its been now more then 30 days since I was put under screening. So hopefully I will hear soon.

Do you think i should call them??

This is probably a stupid question, but when you said "put under screening" do you mean being under primary screening or being in the small pool? I was small pooled at the end of August, and I have no idea wth to do either ... I so want an interview here!!
 
I've been in primary screening since 9/3, I just e-mailed them this morning to see where my application is in the process. Haven't had a response yet, but hopefully I will hear something from them in the next week or two.
 
I've been in primary screening since 9/3, I just e-mailed them this morning to see where my application is in the process. Haven't had a response yet, but hopefully I will hear something from them in the next week or two.

Uhm... Dunno, but it seems like it's been a busy year at many schools this year.


\/ it can be clothing, shelter, weapon.... 42
 
Uhm... Dunno, but it seems like it's been a busy year at many schools this year.


\/ it can be clothing, shelter, weapon.... 42

For sure on the busy year! Last year's thread showed that some people got stuck in screening for a long time, but it's worth it to check in I think. I've just settled in for the wait now, mostly.

And yes, 42! 🙂
 
Can someone please enlighten me on how long it takes to enter the primary screening phase? I received the "application received" email on Sept 30th. Am I in for a long wait? Thanks! 🙂
 
so i'm gonna come right out and say that i haven't really read through this thread very thoroughly so i apologize if this could be answered by doing so. i've been a browser of SDN for awhile but never felt obligated to post.

i entered primary screening 7/20 and passed primary screening on 8/2. i haven't heard anything since then, however. i am wondering if i'm silently rejected or what. seems like a long time to withold an interview after it has been screened. i've already been accepted to another school that i would probably prefer anyways but i am interested in this school and would love to interview there. thanks.
 
so i'm gonna come right out and say that i haven't really read through this thread very thoroughly so i apologize if this could be answered by doing so. i've been a browser of SDN for awhile but never felt obligated to post.

i entered primary screening 7/20 and passed primary screening on 8/2. i haven't heard anything since then, however. i am wondering if i'm silently rejected or what. seems like a long time to withold an interview after it has been screened. i've already been accepted to another school that i would probably prefer anyways but i am interested in this school and would love to interview there. thanks.

Congrats on your other acceptance. I'm not sure if this will help, but I passes primary screening two weeks ago after being complete for three months and received an interview invite last Friday.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get small pooled email in between? if so how long did it take to get this?

That would be helpful to know. Thanks

Uhm, I got the email that said I've passed primary screening and they will decide to interview or not to interview now to April...is that the small pool? I got the email around oct 15th after being complete since July.
 
No that's not the same. I got that email too. But after that there's an email saying people are small pooled for further consideration or they are rejected. Guess they never sent that email, just the invite.

Ok thanks anyhow.

I'm going to call them today in an hour's time and find out the status of my application.

This is the body of the "you passed primary screening" email:

Your file is complete and has passed a primary screening. This means you are in the pool of applicants who may be invited to interview with CMS. However, this does not guarantee an invitation and you may be invited to interview or declined an interview at anytime during the admissions process.

CMS is interviewing from September- April, with invitations being sent out via email. Please let us know if you have any further questions.


So, you, my friend, are mis-informed. Passing primary screening = small-pooled.
 
Hmm that's weird. I tried calling them today around 4pm their time. I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow.

I'll look at my emails later to see my dates, but what I can say is it takes a long time for each step in regards to Ros Franklin's app process. Not sure why it takes them sooo long.
 
I entered primary screening 9/23 and no word. Last year I was rejected at the end of April after being complete sometime in November. Never small pooled. Anyone know anything about the BMS program?
 
Would anyone that has interviewed here be willing to share some of their experiences with me, like what questions were asked, what the day consists of, and anything else you thought was helpful? You can PM me too if you feel more comfortable. Thanks!
 
Would anyone that has interviewed here be willing to share some of their experiences with me, like what questions were asked, what the day consists of, and anything else you thought was helpful? You can PM me too if you feel more comfortable. Thanks!

They are very warm and friendly (the office staff + interviewers). I had a faculty and M4 interviewer; both were friendly, engaging, and very nice to me. I would say be yourself, confident in your responses, and just know yourself and why you want to be a physician. Be able to handle hypothetical ethical questions (situational)....just look on the interview feedback on SDN for tips.

Good luck! (and don't sweat it)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Perfect! Thanks so much for your help 🙂 Good luck to you!

They are very warm and friendly (the office staff + interviewers). I had a faculty and M4 interviewer; both were friendly, engaging, and very nice to me. I would say be yourself, confident in your responses, and just know yourself and why you want to be a physician. Be able to handle hypothetical ethical questions (situational)....just look on the interview feedback on SDN for tips.

Good luck! (and don't sweat it)
 
Would anyone that has interviewed here be willing to share some of their experiences with me, like what questions were asked, what the day consists of, and anything else you thought was helpful? You can PM me too if you feel more comfortable. Thanks!

They truly are very friendly and welcoming. I was actually surprised at my questions. We hardly talked about anything related to medicine.

In one interview, we talked in Spanish about literature. In my other one, we talked about Colorado for much of the interview (where I'm from). It was very, very relaxed and chill. Sure, there were a few medicine type questions thrown in, but it really was just like a conversation.
 
Interview day today.

Friendly, informative staff. Dean of the school came by and chatted for 20 minutes with the group of 12 of us in the waiting room. Interviews were non-confrontational: one structured, classic questions; one conversational. It appears they were selling us as much as we sold them. More to the point, it appeared like this school is making the right calls and has put the pieces in place to make their grads successful.

A good day. An excellent place to become a doctor.
:luck: all
 
Thanks spider and Bancu! I'm actually looking forward to this interview; I've heard nothing but great things about this school! Good luck to both of you!
 
I just got rejected! Bah! I need some advice. My stats are 3.41 cum and 3.14 bcpm. I have a GPA trend of 3.00 f, 3.11 s, 3.71 jr , 3.5 sr, 4.0 postbac (4 hrs). My most recent MCAT is a 310: 10 P 11 VR 10 BS. However, I have old scores ranging from 23-25. I feel my ECs are above average: musician, clinical and lab research, healthcare employment for 2-3 years, chemistry intern at Fortune 50 company, non-healthcare volunteering, scholarships (former HS valedictorian). Obviously I had a rough start in college, but I've worked hard since then. Can I assume I got rejected because of the 3.14 science GPA? I got Cs in calculus and genetics (4 years ago). I am a good writer and my essays are nice. I can't imagine I would have bad LORs. Blah.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.