2010-2011 University of Alabama Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it is.

Accepted.

Maybe the dam has broke? good luck everybody.

Members don't see this ad.

I am accepted to UAB!!! I got the email just now

Members don't see this ad :)
:highfive:Congratulations! I hope you all are the first of many!!!!

This is awesome! Finally moving again. Any of you guys who get accepted, please state if you are in/waitlisted at USA and if you have thoughts about where you will go. Congrats!

I was upper 1/3 In State
I am withdrawing from South...good luck to all of you

Accepted:
Gnocchi Monster's friend (A: 4/7, 1st tier)
BamaMed19's friend (A: 4/13, 1st tier)
RTR10 (A: 4/15, 1st tier)
aeea's friend (A: 4/15, 1st tier)
virginiagirl (A: 4/15, 1st tier)
alienshards' friend (A: 4/20 1st tier)
premed3753 (IS) (5/20 1st tier)
alienshards (5/20 1st tier)
aeea (IS) (5/20 1st)
Ditto1114 (IS) (5/20 1st)
AUpremed22 (IS) (5/20 1st)

Upper Tier:
Bambalam
NeverDefeated
piper19 (IS)
HP9965 (IS)
spate36
pikpik55
Pluto or Astro
bulldog11 (IS)

Middle Tier:
Putters (IS)
AUGuy (IS)
Remedy27
GnocchiMonster
WillCall
buckmaster11
ruraldoc7
Dapado33
rrroddy (IS)
elmo42
preMDala (withdrawn from list)

Bottom Tier:
YH5
BamaMed19 (IS)
OdoyleRulez
jmb222 (IS)
Spibumosa
nossan

Congrats everyone!! :banana: I knew this day would come! I am also accepted at South and as soon as the packet comes in the mail I'll withdraw.

Another one of my friends (not on sdn) was also accepted, 1st tier.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted:
aeea (IS) (5/20 1st)
HP9965 (IS) (5/20 1st)
pikpik55 (IS) (5/20 1st)
alienshards' friend (5/20 1st)

Upper Tier:
Bambalam
NeverDefeated
piper19 (IS)
spate36
Pluto or Astro
bulldog11 (IS)

Middle Tier:
Putters (IS)
AUGuy (IS)
Remedy27
GnocchiMonster
WillCall
buckmaster11 (IS)
ruraldoc7
Dapado33
rrroddy (IS)
elmo42

Bottom Tier:
YH5
BamaMed19 (IS)
OdoyleRulez
jmb222 (IS)
Spibumosa
nossan (IS)

got the email arounD 10 this morning; ACCEPTED!!!!!!

Does anybody's status page reflect their acceptance yet? Mine still says Alternate List- Upper Third even though I got the glorious email!

Does anybody's status page reflect their acceptance yet? Mine still says Alternate List- Upper Third even though I got the glorious email!

i was about to post this same question (mine also says alternate list- upper third), so maybe they just have not caught up the status pages yet

The other posters remaining on the upper third don't seem to be on much, wonder if they heard and we won't know for a while.

mine also says alternate-upper third still.

Just got my acceptance as well. Congrats to everybody else accepted today and best of luck to those still waiting. It sure would be great to make it through the upper tier today.

Accepted:
aeea (IS) (5/20 1st)
HP9965 (IS) (5/20 1st)
pikpik55 (IS) (5/20 1st)
piper19 (IS) (5/20 1st)
bulldog11 (IS) (5/20 1st)
NeverDefeated (IS) (5/20 1st)

Upper Tier:
Bambalam
spate36
Pluto or Astro

Middle Tier:
Putters (IS)
AUGuy (IS)
Remedy27
GnocchiMonster
WillCall (IS)
buckmaster11 (IS)
ruraldoc7
Dapado33
rrroddy (IS)
elmo42

Bottom Tier:
YH5
BamaMed19 (IS)
OdoyleRulez
jmb222 (IS)
Spibumosa
nossan (IS)

Congrats everyone!!!!! I just keep editing the list. Let's keep them coming!!!!!

Last edited:
Just got my acceptance as well. Congrats to everybody else accepted today and best of luck to those still waiting. It sure would be great to make it through the upper tier today.

Congrats! That's 10 that we know of today, crazy. Question for you though, did you just get it in like the last 30 mintues. Just wondering, maybe they are gradually accepting people all throughout today (would be awesome).

Congrats ditto and everyone else! I'm curious to see if any middle tiers were accepted today.

With the 3 remaining upper tiers being somewhat inactive, a middle tier person could be next!

My campus assignment is up on my status page! Birmingham!

My campus assignment: Tuscaloosa....ROLL TIDE!

This is great news! Been hanging around and watching/reading but trying not to contribute to the conspiracy theories.. Good luck to everyone - Sure hope they get to the middle tier soon!

I am also Instate.

Bambalam, spate36, Pluto or Astro...Any news? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will hear something today!

Accepted...1st Tier...Congrats everyone and best of luck to those who haven't heard yet.

My campus assignment - Birmingham!! Wooty Woot! :love:

I am hoping someone from the middle tier gets accepted soon!! That would be amazing! Congrats to everyone who was accepted today.

Accepted:
aeea (IS) (5/20 1st)
HP9965 (IS) (5/20 1st)
pikpik55 (IS) (5/20 1st)
piper19 (IS) (5/20 1st)
spate36 (5/20 1st)

Upper Tier:
Bambalam
Pluto or Astro

Middle Tier:
Putters (IS)
AUGuy (IS)
Remedy27
GnocchiMonster
WillCall (IS)
buckmaster11 (IS)
ruraldoc7
Dapado33
rrroddy (IS)
elmo42

Bottom Tier:
YH5
BamaMed19 (IS)
OdoyleRulez
jmb222 (IS)
Spibumosa
nossan (IS)

Got Huntsville as my assignment (1st choice-im from Hville)...so excited, cant wait to meet you guys

It will be weird meeting everyone, but I'm excited as can be!

It will be weird meeting everyone, but I'm excited as can be!

I think it'll be awesome because everyone on here is so supportive and kind! BTW I'll be at J. Clyde/Blue Monkey tomorrow night celebrating if anyone wants to hang out.

I think it'll be awesome because everyone on here is so supportive and kind! BTW I'll be at J. Clyde/Blue Monkey tomorrow night celebrating if anyone wants to hang out.

Ha, I'm not saying it won't be awesome, but it's weird because I have all these pre-conceived notions of what y'all are like. I'll be in Chicago until the middle of June, so I will likely miss the first few get-togethers.

I was already planning on being at J. Clyde tomorrow night, so we should meet!

Send me a PM and we can be FB buddies.

Hey Guys! Congrats to everyone who got accepted!! For those who are waiting, hold on guys you still have a lot of time before school starts!

I am on the orientation committee so if any of you have questions about things you need to do before matriculating, let me know!

Ha, I'm not saying it won't be awesome, but it's weird because I have all these pre-conceived notions of what y'all are like. I'll be in Chicago until the middle of June, so I will likely miss the first few get-togethers.

True true. I'm very excited to meet everyone. It looks like you need to take a trip to Howl at the Moon and have them play Sweet Home Alabama in your honor :p

Good Luck to everyone still waiting. I have to say that being on the waitlist is painful, but if you don't get in this year there is still hope :)

I got in at 8:54am but have been traveling all day and couldnt check my email.

Congrats to everyone!

This question has probably been asked in this thread, but can anyone give any suggestions on apartments in Birmingham where most med school students live?

Accepted:
aeea (IS) (5/20 1st)
HP9965 (IS) (5/20 1st)
pikpik55 (IS) (5/20 1st)
piper19 (IS) (5/20 1st)
spate36 (5/20 1st)
Bambalam (5/20 1st)

Upper Tier:
Pluto or Astro

Middle Tier:
Putters (IS)
AUGuy (IS)
Remedy27
GnocchiMonster
WillCall (IS)
buckmaster11 (IS)
ruraldoc7
Dapado33
rrroddy (IS)
elmo42

Bottom Tier:
YH5
BamaMed19 (IS)
OdoyleRulez
jmb222 (IS)
Spibumosa
nossan (IS)

This question has probably been asked in this thread, but can anyone give any suggestions on apartments in Birmingham where most med school students live?

I believe it's everywhere.

Whether you want to walk or drive will make a difference. Walking basically you have to live near kirkland clinic-- Cityville is the furthest I'd walk from.

driving you can live in highlands (the actual area), which is mostly small older apartments. This is a more young professional area.

You can live out on lakeshore for cheaper, but it's a 15-30 min commute in mornings up a crowded I-65.

You can also live a bit down 280, but that's a terrible commute that I do not suggest.

I personally like Grand Highlands at Mountain Brook.
(http://www.grandhighlandsatmountainb...kAL/Index.aspx)
It's quiet, big (albiet a little pricey), and has a mix of med students, grad students, undergrads, nurses, doctors, and professionals. I have a roommate and we pay $795 a month for a 2 bed/2 bath. It's nestled a mile-ish off 280 in a lovely, safe area and only takes about 15 minutes to get to UAB. It usually takes 30 minutes to get home because 280 traffic is a nightmare.

If you want to live closer to campus you could also try the free service Select My Space (www.selectmyspace.com). I toured some apartments with them in the Highland/Forest Park area and was less then excited about the quality, but I've known several people who have been very happy.

I've also known several people who lived at Mayfair in Homewood that have been very happy. The only place that I've bad things about is University Place in Southside. It's expensive, small, and not well kept.

I'll be living in Southside Station. Its literally right across the street from University Hospital. They are really spacious, but kinda pricey. There are tons of places in Southside which can be found through Craigslist. I really liked Cityville, but they are pretty expensive. I would avoid anything on Hwy 280 or in the Hoover/Riverchase since the morning and evening commutes would be killer... I've lived in Hoover, Vestavia, and Southside, so if you have a place in mind, feel free to run it by me and I'll give a pretty-educated opinion.

Don't forget to join the FB group!

Status
Not open for further replies.