2010 Duke Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got in off the wait list.

Members don't see this ad.

congrats!!! when did you find out? are you planning to go?

Good to hear!...looks like WL offers will be made on a rolling basis.

Members don't see this ad :)
^^^Congrats! Was it an email, phone call, or snail mail?

Hey everyone- I thought I'd post in here to help give a picture of waitlist movement. I was accepted off the waitlist (notified via email) on Wednesday, May 19th. The excitement still hasn't worn off :)

i wonder if the facebook group is any indication of the people who are planning to attend (81).... wishful thinking...

Hello,

I have been accepted off the waitlist at Duke. If I say yes to Duke, does that mean I must attend? I am still waiting for one more school waitlist that I would prefer to go to more and I am worried about the financial aid package from Duke. Does anyone know if you sign the letter of intent, if you can withdraw later if you get accepted off the waitlist somewhere else?

Please help.

Thank you!

EZG

Hello,

I have been accepted off the waitlist at Duke. If I say yes to Duke, does that mean I must attend? I am still waiting for one more school waitlist that I would prefer to go to more and I am worried about the financial aid package from Duke. Does anyone know if you sign the letter of intent, if you can withdraw later if you get accepted off the waitlist somewhere else?

Please help.

Thank you!

EZG

If you get off the waitlist somewhere else....yes, you can still attend even after committing to Duke. This has to be before orientation day, so once you start your program at Duke, you no longer can switch institutions.

You just won't be able to switch back to the school you're currently enrolled at (the one you had to pick by May 15th), pre-Duke decision. Hope that helps.

Hello,

Please help.

Thank you!

EZG
When did you get in?

Was anyone able to call and find out if the class is full already? I haven't been able to get through...

Members don't see this ad :)
Was anyone able to call and find out if the class is full already? I haven't been able to get through...

I'm going to try tomorrow morning (since I'm doing it for other WL schools anyways). I will post what I hear. :luck::xf:

I just got off the phone with Ms. Jeanine Holland. She informed me that WL offers are still going out, and that the class has not been filled yet. As for how long offers could potentially be granted, she said potentially until the day before matriculation. I asked if most of the movement is earlier on (i.e., in May) and she responded by saying that it varies from year to year and people have received offers very close to matriculation.

If someone else could call the admissions office, that would be appreciated (so that we can corroborate these answers). But as it stands, its probably best to forget about this and potentially, be pleasantly surprised in the future (as opposed to sitting and waiting the whole summer).

I'm withdrawing my spot today. So that's one open for you guys. Good luck!

I just got off the phone with Ms. Jeanine Holland. She informed me that WL offers are still going out, and that the class has not been filled yet. As for how long offers could potentially be granted, she said potentially until the day before matriculation. I asked if most of the movement is earlier on (i.e., in May) and she responded by saying that it varies from year to year and people have received offers very close to matriculation.

If someone else could call the admissions office, that would be appreciated (so that we can corroborate these answers). But as it stands, its probably best to forget about this and potentially, be pleasantly surprised in the future (as opposed to sitting and waiting the whole summer).

Thank you for calling, madskillz99. That's good news that WL offers are still going out. Now it's time to relax, enjoy the summer, and possibly get a pleasant surprise in the future. Best of luck everyone :luck::xf:

I'm withdrawing my spot today. So that's one open for you guys. Good luck!
Thanks for letting us know!!

But as it stands, its probably best to forget about this and potentially, be pleasantly surprised in the future (as opposed to sitting and waiting the whole summer).

Yes this is my plan.
Thanks for letting us know what they told you

I received similar information yesterday. They said that they are waiting to hear back from the first round of waitlist acceptances on June 1. They said that several candidates are still in the running.

i haven't heard anything. and don't call me shirley

gobble mentioned that the first batch of people from the waitlist have 2 weeks to decide and i think it's been 2 weeks. maybe the second batch people were already notified...

gobble mentioned that the first batch of people from the waitlist have 2 weeks to decide and i think it's been 2 weeks. maybe the second batch people were already notified...
No one from the second batch has posted on this thread, but yes you're right that maybe they were already notified. At this point (although I don't want to be pessimistic), I am guessing our chances are pretty slim. :(

Hey all, I just received an acceptance email from Richard Wallace at 7:30 am. I guess the second batch of acceptances will be going out this week! I'm hoping you guys hear good news! I really had given up hope since it seemed like a lot of offers went out between May 15-June 1. Don't give up hope!

Hey all, I just received an acceptance email from Richard Wallace at 7:30 am. I guess the second batch of acceptances will be going out this week! I'm hoping you guys hear good news! I really had given up hope since it seemed like a lot of offers went out between May 15-June 1. Don't give up hope!

That's good to hear..perhaps there is some hope left after all :luck::xf::luck:...

I'm currently on the GW waitlist but guys.. Stay positive and Good lucK!!! just wanted to say. :D

Thanks guys! I really think there is going to be more movement this week. I didn't send an LOI or any updates after my interview, but if Duke is your number 1 choice, I don't think it would hurt to send Richard Wallace a two line email saying that...again, just my 2 cents.

hmmm looks like there is no other movement this week... or maybe the person who got in doesn't use this thing...

i deeply admire your dedication :D just thought i'd let you know. it's motivating!

Thanks Kayleigh825! Cautious optimism as I call it. I am not expecting anything at all, but it would be far more discouraging to throw my hands up and say its all over (even if it really is...a slight bit of hope keeps me from being utterly depressed). Sad, I know..can't believe I will be applying to this school again..perhaps I will be fast-tracked (out of pity) straight to an interview lol

Good luck to anyone still left waiting and hoping (if it means anything anymore...)

Thanks Kayleigh825! Cautious optimism as I call it. I am not expecting anything at all, but it would be far more discouraging to throw my hands up and say its all over (even if it really is...a slight bit of hope keeps me from being utterly depressed). Sad, I know..can't believe I will be applying to this school again..perhaps I will be fast-tracked (out of pity) straight to an interview lol

Good luck to anyone still left waiting and hoping (if it means anything anymore...)

lol cautious optimism...i like that. don't be depressed....i think everything happens for a reason! you know what they say about closing one door ;) who knows what bigger and better things are in store for you! i really hope you get in somewhere though but i'm really happy you are pursuing your dream so passionately. it gives me hope in my dreams lol good luck and enjoy your summer =] (or try to please!)

Thanks kayleigh, those words were very sweet of you to say :)

i got accepted to duke this morning!!!!! don't give up hope!!!! :D i am praying for each and every one of you!!!!! i would love to have you as classmates!

i got accepted to duke this morning!!!!! don't give up hope!!!! :D i am praying for each and every one of you!!!!! i would love to have you as classmates!

Wow, ridiculous! Temple --> Duke? right? You're a baller. Congrats!!!

Congrats!! I haven't given up hope yet, but I'm very cautiously optimistic.

thank you so much for your kind words everyone! it means sooo much to me and i wish you all the luck in the world !!!

thank you so much for your kind words everyone! it means sooo much to me and i wish you all the luck in the world !!!

Congrats! Welcome to the class :) It looks like you've been holding out long for this. I'm going to be a first year at Duke too. I can't wait. To the rest of you still waiting, keep your heads up. If it's meant to be, it'll happen.

Hey all!

Just wanted to post for my first time... got that wonderful call from Richard Wallace on Thursday!!!! I can't wait to go to Duke, beautiful buildings and beautiful people.

Out-of-state, Alaskan Native with 32/3.5
Does Durham ever get any snow??

PM me with questions :)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hungover:

hey all!

Just wanted to post for my first time... Got that wonderful call from richard wallace on thursday!!!! I can't wait to go to duke, beautiful buildings and beautiful people.

Out-of-state, alaskan native with 32/3.5
does durham ever get any snow??

Pm me with questions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.