2011-2012 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas on the timeline for notification off the alternate list for CCLCM?

Members don't see this ad.

nope, no phone calls or anything.

what did the accepted students in your interview groups decide on (if you kept in touch with them)?

Didn't keep up with them...I hope we hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't keep up with them...I hope we hear back soon!

Someone could always call the admissions office and ask when calls for dropped spots might be going out. It's a fine question. I would, but I'm at work at the moment.

Any ideas on the timeline for notification off the alternate list for CCLCM?

According to the CCLCM acceptance letter, we have until today to commit to CCLCM, so technically they won't know who has committed and who hasn't until the end of the day today. So, IMO, the chances of anyone on the alternate list hearing today are slim.

You can cut the neurosis in here regarding CCLCM with a knife.

Members don't see this ad :)
+5. Anyone know what the ratio of alternates:rejections is? Or how many spots those 6-30 offers are drawn from, more or less?

+5. Anyone know what the ratio of alternates:rejections is? Or how many spots those 6-30 offers are drawn from, more or less?

Who knows? It's all a guess at this point :(. I would say there's a few hundred on the alternate list. There were rejections last year, however. Not everyone makes alternate.

Alternate list as well, did they even reject ANYONE? It does burn me up a little that they took over five months just to put me on the waitlist.

Alternate list as well, did they even reject ANYONE? It does burn me up a little that they took over five months just to put me on the waitlist.

I'm sure they did. Besides, it doesn't really matter. Even if you had gotten on the waitlist immediately after your interview, it would still be quite a bit of waiting until May.

I was told by the admissions office that they do reject "on-hold" applicants when they put together their waitlist.

I'm sure people on SDN are more shy about posting rejections than they are about posting positive news.

Alternate list for me too. I'm relieved! Good luck to everyone. The wait begins once again.

Rejected.

Im pretty upset because I poured my heart and soul into an interest letter. However, low stats + my worst interview (my student interview was my most stressful interview all season) = shattered dreams. Good luck to you all! It was great to be a part of this thread this year.

Any news regarding CCLCM? This time last year a few people who got in off the alternate list posted.

Been on hold since October or something. Finally got rejected today. So yeah, rest assured that people did get rejected...

According to the CCLCM acceptance letter, we have until today to commit to CCLCM, so technically they won't know who has committed and who hasn't until the end of the day today. So, IMO, the chances of anyone on the alternate list hearing today are slim.
This is correct. In addition, accepted people sometimes get extensions for a week or two so that they can attend second looks at other schools before making a final decision. I wouldn't count on hearing much before the end of this month.

This is correct. In addition, accepted people sometimes get extensions for a week or two so that they can attend second looks at other schools before making a final decision. I wouldn't count on hearing much before the end of this month.

Good point. However, in the high hold email that was sent earlier they said "We should know by April 16th regarding..." so that is why I thought maybe today. I guess we just wait this out :)

This may be a bit premature, but what is the best/cheapest way to acquire the textbooks that I need? Amazon, other current students, etc? I assume that the bookstore is marked up quite a bit and that there are numerous cheaper options out there. Thanks :)

This may be a bit premature, but what is the best/cheapest way to acquire the textbooks that I need? Amazon, other current students, etc? I assume that the bookstore is marked up quite a bit and that there are numerous cheaper options out there. Thanks :)

+1

I don't know what the +1 means on here, I see it all the time... but this seems like a good time to use it. :-D

+1

I don't know what the +1 means on here, I see it all the time... but this seems like a good time to use it. :-D

It means that you agree with someone or share the same sentiment(s).

+1

For physical materials, see: amazon, amazon marketplace, and ohiolink(!).

Never buy anything you can buy elsewhere at the campus bookstore. It's a Barnes & Noble outfit and is therefore egregiously marked up. For that and as an ex-Borders employee, I hate B&N.:smuggrin:

It means that you agree with someone or share the same sentiment(s).

That's what I thought and it worked out well. Ps. Does anybody know of any good/safe trails to run on near campus? I might just end up running a bit with the cross country team once in a while but if anybody knows of any good running trails that would be great!

That's what I thought and it worked out good. Ps. Does anybody know of any good/safe trails to run on near campus? I might just end up running a bit with the cross country team once in a while but if anybody knows of any good running trails that would be great!

Lakewood Cemetery has loads of paved foot paths that are quite popular for runners. It's not as creepy as it sounds, I promise. Just up the hill past Little Italy.:)

There are also 40+ miles of paved trails in the Cleveland Metroparks system alone.

Lakewood Cemetery has loads of paved foot paths that are quite popular for runners. It's not as creepy as it sounds, I promise. Just up the hill past Little Italy.:)

There are also 40+ miles of paved trails in the Cleveland Metroparks system alone.

I run by/through/around our cemetery here all the time so it's not creepy at all.... except at night! And what about Lakeview? Is that a good one too? It seems to have several trails.

I run by/through/around our cemetery here all the time so it's not creepy at all.... except at night! And what about Lakeview? Is that a good one too? It seems to have several trails.

Oh, haha, JUST KIDDING! I meant Lakeview.:D

Lakeview is gorgeous to run in. Also, if you go, make sure you stop by President Madison's monument/grave. If you climb to the top, you get the most breathtaking view of Cleveland. One of the best sights I have ever seen.

Lakeview is gorgeous to run in. Also, if you go, make sure you stop by President Madison's monument/grave. If you climb to the top, you get the most breathtaking view of Cleveland. One of the best sights I have ever seen.

Any running advice for my wife? I'm assuming she shouldn't run in many places alone but is Lakeview an OK place for her at any time of the day?

I saw some pictures of Garfield's monument up there and the view looks amazing. I had no idea. I still haven't witnessed Cleveland during the day. During my interview I got there at like 7am when it was dark; I was inside most of the time other than brief walks around campus for the tour, and then I left when it was dark.

Any running advice for my wife? I'm assuming she shouldn't run in many places alone but is Lakeview an OK place for her at any time of the day?

It should be fine during the day I think, but I've only been there a few times. I'll ask around. I either run on our student track or at 121 fitness where I have a membership.

If you're going to second look, you should definitely take the opportunity to look around the city :)

Someone could always call the admissions office and ask when calls for dropped spots might be going out. It's a fine question. I would, but I'm at work at the moment.

I'm at school otherwise I would.

For physical materials, see: amazon, amazon marketplace, and ohiolink(!).

Never buy anything you can buy elsewhere at the campus bookstore. It's a Barnes & Noble outfit and is therefore egregiously marked up. For that and as an ex-Borders employee, I hate B&N.:smuggrin:

:laugh: Thanks!

Question: How late is the Caughey Lounge in the medical school open on weekdays/weekends?

As late or as early as you want it to be!

I'll have 24/7 access to that beautiful study lounge!? :woot::woot:Yes! I know the medical school library has definite hours, but that is wonderful news! I can't study in my living quarters very well, and I love getting comfy in a nice study area. Does it stay relatively quiet in that area at night?

Cclcm

Y u no tell me what's going on for alternates???

:bang::boom::diebanana::smack:

Status
Not open for further replies.