2011-2012 Indiana University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the Alternate List, and I haven't heard anything yet either.

Members don't see this ad.

I called the admissions office today. They said no letters have been sent out yet and that they will in the next two weeks.

Cool, thanks. Everytime I call they won't tell me anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, I at least haven't heard anything.

Looks like the class is still full so I doubt there will be much movement on the waitlist

I'm just guessing but my accepted friends have told me that the current class size is around 325

This wait is killing me! 31Q MCAT, in-state, already accepted to a Caribbean school. IU is where I want to be!

I have heard from a few accepted friends that the class is basically full as well. IUSM has until June 8th to notify students who participated in the second lottery which campus they are assigned to for the first two years. There is a chance that students could defer acceptance after that date. Still hoping for the best!

Met with admissions today...they said they have open spots but for some reason are waiting to send a large group of letters at one time. they haven't sent anything out yet and they didn't make it sound like it would be very soon..but they start making calls July 1st so atleast letters will be sent out before then. and the waiting continues....

Met with admissions today...they said they have open spots but for some reason are waiting to send a large group of letters at one time. they haven't sent anything out yet and they didn't make it sound like it would be very soon..but they start making calls July 1st so atleast letters will be sent out before then. and the waiting continues....

So there is still hope, thanks for the info! July 1st.. that will make it bittersweet for a lot of people including me who will have no choice but to reapply with AMCAS and sign up for a new MCAT due to the waitlist uncertainty - which means a lot of money. Brutal.

I hope all of you in this thread that are waiting it out, get one of those letters. The wait has to be brutal for you guys.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you on the wait list, could you please share your stats and when you applied and interviewed?

"In regards to the 2nd chance lottery: ALL decisions have been sent out. Congratulations on your acceptance to IUSM and best of luck at your campus!" -Admissions

So the current total at the Muncie campus is 21 and we need 24 before the school year starts. So now matter what we will be getting 3 from the alternative list, and that's just one campus! Maybe others are like that.

Got my letter in the mail today!!! Accepted off the alternate list!!!

Good luck to you all :)

Still on the alternate list here. 31Q on the MCAT/In-State, interviewed 8/31. My GPA is 3.54, but each semester GPA was succesively higher (3.0 to a 4.0 both semesters of senior year). If you are/were an alternate, what were your stats??

Worth it to apply OOS with a 3.8c/3.9s and 31R? I have some relatives in IN, a cousin that went to IU med, and lived there as a kid for a year (not sure how you indicate state ties?). Thanks!

Worth it to apply OOS with a 3.8c/3.9s and 31R? I have some relatives in IN, a cousin that went to IU med, and lived there as a kid for a year (not sure how you indicate state ties?). Thanks!

Those are pretty much the stats that I got in with as an IS applicant. IU doesn't seem to take many OOS applicants, but I would apply anyway because there are no secondary essays, and you never know there might be something in your app that impresses someone and gets you an interview. This game is too competitive not to throw some shots in the dark.

Accepted off the alternate list. I'll be in Fort Wayne!

If you've been accepted to IU, see you at Orientation & White Coat! If not, do NOT give up. Schedule an appointment with an advisor at the Office of Admissions to discuss how you can improve your application, then follow through on their recommendations. Best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Does anyone on the alternate list have any news? Is the class completely full or will they be accepting more people off of the alternate list this upcoming week?

Does anyone on the alternate list have any news? Is the class completely full or will they be accepting more people off of the alternate list this upcoming week?

I just got accepted today! (Bloomington campus) I heard they opened a few spots, not sure how many though.

Status
Not open for further replies.