2011-2012 Jefferson Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i too thought i was getting silently rejected, but who knows. i was at "decision pending" for nearly a month and am now at "interview decision pending"....

Members don't see this ad.

i too thought i was getting silently rejected, but who knows. i was at "decision pending" for nearly a month and am now at "interview decision pending"....

Did you get a email notice, or it just changed

Members don't see this ad :)
I know 800 are interviewed, but does anyone know how many are accepted?

INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1ST ONE!!!!)

1JEV8.gif

3.6 / 31O, OOS
Received (06/27/2011) Completed (7/15/2011)

thanks a lot guys, your time is coming too! it is a weird feeling - this mix of uncertainty (hotel? suit? plane ticket? shiettt), excitement (this could be the one) and comfort (finally!!! an interview).

thanks a lot guys, your time is coming too! it is a weird feeling - this mix of uncertainty (hotel? suit? plane ticket? shiettt), excitement (this could be the one) and comfort (finally!!! an interview).

Great job!! Do you already know what day it is and everything? How did they let you know?

Great job!! Do you already know what day it is and everything? How did they let you know?

I tried to call the admissions office but I think they are out for today. I imagine that when I call back tomorrow they will give me the available dates and I can choose from that.

No e-mail, just status update. I actually was expecting the usual "Decision Pending" but man was I flippen surprised, yelled "I GOT AN INTERVIEW" in my cubicle and the other office mates were surprised and happy for me. :laugh:

I tried to call the admissions office but I think they are out for today. I imagine that when I call back tomorrow they will give me the available dates and I can choose from that.

No e-mail, just status update. I actually was expecting the usual "Decision Pending" but man was I flippen surprised, yelled "I GOT AN INTERVIEW" in my cubicle and the other office mates were surprised and happy for me. :laugh:

Congrats! When were you complete?

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats on the interview! Just FYI, once you see the "interview to be scheduled" status, you just sit tight and wait to hear from them. They will schedule a date for us, let us know 3-5 weeks in advance, and reschedule if necessary.

do they send you an email when you are complete with LORs and everything?

Congrats on the interview! Just FYI, once you see the "interview to be scheduled" status, you just sit tight and wait to hear from them. They will schedule a date for us, let us know 3-5 weeks in advance, and reschedule if necessary.

Oh really?? Good to know, thanks for passing that along, I was wondering about that too.

out of curiosity, is interview decision pending like a "small pool" for this school?

Got the Interview Invite today and it's my first! :) Congrats to everyone else that has, and best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Oh really?? Good to know, thanks for passing that along, I was wondering about that too.

No problem, that's what they told me. That said, if anyone actually gets contacted or has a different experience, do please share!

I submitted my app 7/4, and the status has been 'complete, but not yet processed' ever since. Anyone in the same situation?

^Yup, what's up with that? On the other page it says decision pending though.

For everyone getting interview invites - are all of your letters turned in? Does Jefferson not look at an app until letters are turned in? I submitted the secondary in late June but only have 2 of my 4 letters turned in....

For everyone getting interview invites - are all of your letters turned in? Does Jefferson not look at an app until letters are turned in? I submitted the secondary in late June but only have 2 of my 4 letters turned in....

fyi, all of my letters were in. Hopefully your letters arrive soon! :luck:

I submitted my app 7/4, and the status has been 'complete, but not yet processed' ever since. Anyone in the same situation?

Submitted in June and I'm in the same situation. No status of any sort anywhere. Just a 'complete but not processed' when I click on the application (the part that shows my address, etc.)

Yup, all my letters are in. I had a committee letter that was uploaded about a month after I was verified for AMCAS. Once the letter was received by AMCAS, I called Jefferson to confirm that they received the letter, and they informed me that I was complete and would be placed in the review group. So, I think you do need all your letters in order for an interview decision to be made.

what does it mean by have your school forward your transcript?

Do they mean once ur accepted or some thing? or right now??

Anyone know?

According to U.S. News, 487 were accepted from the 802 interviewed:

In-state- 1080 applied, 236 interviewed, 169 accepted
Out of State- 8681 applied, 566 interviewed, 318 accepted

Hello guys,

I'm just starting as a 1st-year here at Jeff. The admissions office is busy with orientation for the class of 2015 right now, not to mention all of the applications for the current year. I spoke to Dr. Brooks, the admissions coordinator, yesterday afternoon and she said that they've already received around 5,000 applications! So sit tight, they're a bit saturated with work right now but they'll give you a fair, comprehensive look once they get around to your app.

Good luck to you all, I'll check in every once in awhile if there are questions.

Hello guys,

I'm just starting as a 1st-year here at Jeff. The admissions office is busy with orientation for the class of 2015 right now, not to mention all of the applications for the current year. I spoke to Dr. Brooks, the admissions coordinator, yesterday afternoon and she said that they've already received around 5,000 applications! So sit tight, they're a bit saturated with work right now but they'll give you a fair, comprehensive look once they get around to your app.

Good luck to you all, I'll check in every once in awhile if there are questions.

is there a difference between decision pending to interview decision pending?

would that be like a small pool?

Hello guys,

So do you think if we've been complete for about a month and still have the "Decision Pending" status that we shouldn't lose all hope yet?

Hello guys,

Thanks for giving us that update! Good luck with your first year of med school :luck:

QFT. Called today (admissions office is really nice, I have called them before to troubleshoot some payment problems) and e-mails will be sent with interview dates for interviewees.

QFT. Called today (admissions office is really nice, I have called them before to troubleshoot some payment problems) and e-mails will be sent with interview dates for interviewees.

awesome! did they say when? it's been over a month since my status changed to interview to be scheduled....i'm excited to schedule already!

awesome! did they say when? it's been over a month since my status changed to interview to be scheduled....i'm excited to schedule already!

me too, unfortunately I didn't get a specific date of when the e-mails would be sent, just that information will be relayed via e-mail.

Super stoked to have this opportunity. My friend is starting at Jefferson in mid-august at their pharmacy school so I've already figured out a place to stay. :thumbup:

so i called the admissions staff and decision pending means that they may or may not have looked at your applicatoin. the lady was real nice and i guess she felt bad enough to go over my application with me telling me my good points and bad points...i guess i kinda know what's gonna happen with this school and i'm glad she told me ahead of time haha. good luck to the rest of ya.

so i called the admissions staff and decision pending means that they may or may not have looked at your applicatoin. the lady was real nice and i guess she felt bad enough to go over my application with me telling me my good points and bad points...i guess i kinda know what's gonna happen with this school and i'm glad she told me ahead of time haha. good luck to the rest of ya.

Wow, that was really classy of Jefferson to go over your app :thumbup:. Good luck with the rest of your apps :luck:

so is there a difference between "decision pending" and "interview decision pending"? I've been sitting on the latter for nearly a month.

wow thats awesome. go jefferson!

so we could have 'decision pending' until may?

I'm under the impression that this is the case. If you never see your status change from 'decision pending' then you have been silently rejected...which could happen to me seeing that I haven't changed in a month :(

yeah the staff is real nice..i'm gonna apply next year for sure now i know what i need to work on...unless i get in somewhere this cycle haha

yeah the staff is real nice..i'm gonna apply next year for sure now i know what i need to work on...unless i get in somewhere this cycle haha

aw, don't give up so soon, it is only August!

I've been complete for a while but my status page doesn't show the status - no "decision pending", etc. I called the admissions office yesterday and they said they were looking into why I don't have a status. Still nothing. I know a few of you said you're in the same boat. Any change (with or without contacting admissions) for anyone?

xATB you are baller status right now!

anyone know the difference between decision pending and interview decision pending? or should I call admissions to ask just for curiosity's sake?

Don't mind me, just hoping aboard the boat here.

Just applied to this school from AMCAS

i've been at "interview decision pending" for about a month. it changed from "decision pending" soon after i submitted. any thought on what this means?

Status
Not open for further replies.