2011-2012 Mount Sinai Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, I had directly responded to it and not via the internal system. uh-oh. Well, I interviewed and everything went well so I guess they don't put too much stock into it.

Or I am already rejected.

I'm sure you will not be rejected because of that, it's probably just easier for them to confirm their schedule or something if you use the internal system. No worries. :)

Members don't see this ad.

anyone know what days mount sinai do interviews is it monday-fridays? and how often do they get together to make decisions?
thanks,

anyone know what days mount sinai do interviews is it monday-fridays? and how often do they get together to make decisions?
thanks,

or you know, you could put in minimal effort and read through the thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm interviewing here late November (yeeeaaaaah). Should I invest in a trenchcoat to wear over my suit? What will people be doing to stay warm? Yes, I live in the south ;).

I'm interviewing here late November (yeeeaaaaah). Should I invest in a trenchcoat to wear over my suit? What will people be doing to stay warm? Yes, I live in the south ;).

Invest in fire. Carry a burning stick, and you shall go far

I was wondering the same thing haha. My body provides no insulation so I will need to be prepared.

I am really excited to visit this school!!! Can anyone tell me their opinion on the class atmosphere at the school? And for those who have never lived in NY before, how the transition was? THANK YOU for your time in advance.

Just a few more days till decisions start right? Good luck!

Can't wait! Goodness, when the thread was bumped, I freaked out! Especially since I've been obsessively checking my email every hour or so at work since it officially became November. We should hear back any day now... Good luck, everyone! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
So people what's the word on the street about decisions? Will they be coming out this week?

So people what's the word on the street about decisions? Will they be coming out this week?

I just got an interview day survey today... they might give us some time to fill those out first before sending a decision... so probably not tomorrow. Just a guess.

Good luck, everyone! :)

Check the weather the week before. You could be lucky and it's 60s or you could be unlucky and it's 20-30s.

I think the first round will go out 11/15... and then the next round won't be until 1/15. good luck!!

Last year it was 11/20 on a Saturday... the year before it was 11/4 on a Wednesday... I think the projected 11/15 date is just an estimate, but I do hope they come out soon! Good luck, everyone!! :luck::luck::luck:

i remember they didnt want to tell us a specific date. they just said before thanksgiving

I really really would like to go here!!! Pick me Sinai

No I don't, sorry :(
I was too distracted by the lady telling us how she liked to eat and watch tv. I liked her :p
I remember that :laugh: although it might have been some other topic on my day.

I remember that :laugh: although it might have been some other topic on my day.

On my day, she talked about all of her favorite kinds of cookies. The chocolate-white chocolate chip cookies, I believe, are her favorite, in case anyone is interested in sending her a batch to help put her in an even better mood during this admission season... ;)

On my day, she talked about all of her favorite kinds of cookies. The chocolate-white chocolate chip cookies, I believe, are her favorite, in case anyone is interested in sending her a batch to help put her in an even better mood during this admission season... ;)

I think we either interviewed on the same day or she really likes talking about her cookies. Jessica was so funny.

She talked about cookies my day too! What date did you guys interview?

We don't find out until before Thanksgiving, so there's still a week left to go. The 15th was just a SDN poster's approximation.

Best of luck.

Do you know when decisions go out?

I was also there today and I *think* they said sometime before Thanksgiving. Good luck :)

BTW, for all those interviewing later, they said decisions will be in mid-January. No specific date given unfortunately.

Hoping for my first acceptance :luck: :luck:

Has anyone else been waiting for more than 10 weeks for a response post file completion?

I interviewed on 11/2, and Jessica specifically said that we would hear not before 2 weeks (i.e. not before today), but definitely before Thanksgiving. So it's Day 1 of obsessive email checking for me...

last year, they were sent out this week on saturday. hope we hear back soon

Rejected by e-mail :( Good luck to everyone else.

Sorry dude. I guess its following last years patterns of rejections, waitlists, then acceptances.

Ywlke, when did you find out (like exact time)? And in geneneral, when did you interview?

Thanks!

Sorry dude. I guess its following last years patterns of rejections, waitlists, then acceptances.

Ywlke, when did you find out (like exact time)? And in geneneral, when did you interview?

Thanks!
E-mail sent timestamp: 8:53pm
E-mail received timestamp: 8:55pm (no, this does not mean the time I saw the e-mail)
Interviewed mid-October.

Status
Not open for further replies.