2011-2012 Rosalind Franklin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright thanks man! I will try to prepare these essays so that as soon as my app is verified, i can submit! Gracias sir!

You're welcome. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

hoping to finish this secondary today so that I will have all weekend for the UCSD secondary.

omg did anyone already submit the secondary, if so, post when you get an interview!?! I think the first batch of interviews will be in late August/early September...

best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! just a quick question..I have been stressing over the LORs. Just to be sure, 2 letters from my science professors and one from my clinical research supervisor will suffice?

Hi! just a quick question..I have been stressing over the LORs. Just to be sure, 2 letters from my science professors and one from my clinical research supervisor will suffice?

Assuming your school doesn't have a premed committee, then yes, you're covered for Rosalind Franklin

http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=bl5Fv%2BzPTT8%3D&tabid=1642 (page 9):

"CMS requires a composite/committee evaluation from your school [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]or ..three individual letters of recommendation. All letters of evaluation are treated as confidential and will not be shared with the applicant.

If you choose to submit 3 individual letters we suggest two letters should be submitted by professors under whom you have studied, and the third letter from a person who has supervised your work experience(s), or others who are uniquely qualified to comment on your potential for the study of medicine. All required letters of evaluation must be postmarked by December 15, 2008 for consideration."

What's the latest word on the character limit for the secondary questions? :confused: :confused:

(I haven't received an invite yet and it looks like I can't make an account without one)

What's the latest word on the character limit for the secondary questions? :confused: :confused:

(I haven't received an invite yet and it looks like I can't make an account without one)

No character or word limit...just says short essay so write until you feel u have fully expressed yourself

Do you instantly recieve an email for the secondary after paying the fee? I paid it and haven't recieved anything after a day.

Do you instantly recieve an email for the secondary after paying the fee? I paid it and haven't recieved anything after a day.

Yes, it was pretty quick. I would probably call them if I were you.

Did anyone's essays get cut off in the PDF printout of the secondary that was emailed out after submission? My first essay was ~255 words and a portion of my final sentence is missing :(

Dear ______ ,

It is acceptable to have longer responses that extend beyond the space. We receive a symbol notification that indicates there is additional information past the text box on your Supplemental. As a result, we expand the space on our end to ensure all your information is included in your application.
If you should have any other questions, please feel free to contact our office.

Sincerely,
CMS Admissions Office

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, parts of my essays are cut off as well. I hope the adcoms can see the whole thing...

Thanks for the reassurance, humming sea!

dear ______ ,

it is acceptable to have longer responses that extend beyond the space. We receive a symbol notification that indicates there is additional information past the text box on your supplemental. As a result, we expand the space on our end to ensure all your information is included in your application.
If you should have any other questions, please feel free to contact our office.

Sincerely,
cms admissions office

thank you!

I received an email stating that I have entered the screening process. Keeping my fingers crossed :xf:.

I got the same email, too! I think we either get small-pooled or rejected at this point - pretty sure it's way too early to get interview invites. I wonder how long it will be until we hear from them again..... I do not have the patience for this process! Fingers crossed definitely.

also got an email being in primary screening...def early for interviews but it said it could take up to a month (4weeks) so by early august it isnt too early for interviews as many schools will be starting with their first few interviews dunno about rosalind tho

Soooooo please don't attack me for this display of ignorance, but...what does it mean to be "small-pooled"?

yeah, same here. sorry for not being up to date on these things.

I just paid the fee, and a minute later received the email. Good luck.

just started pre-writing this one, does anyone else find their website very hard to navigate through? I feel they need to update the whole thing and revamp it

Heeeeey guys - So um... totally random, unrelated-to-anything question but...

What does a life in discovery mean to you? You know, I was just thinking deep, abstract, philosophical thoughts, and this question just popped in to my head.

By the way, nobody read the secondary application ok?...there's nothing much interesting in there...

:oops:

Heeeeey guys - So um... totally random, unrelated-to-anything question but...

What does a life in discovery mean to you? You know, I was just thinking deep, abstract, philosophical thoughts, and this question just popped in to my head.

By the way, nobody read the secondary application ok?...there's nothing much interesting in there...

:oops:

I tackled it in two parts.

1) How I model my life after Christopher Columbus and Louis Champlain, always sailing around in boats and stuff looking around for stuff.

2) I carry a metal detector on me at all times.

I tackled it in two parts.

1) How I model my life after Christopher Columbus and Louis Champlain, always sailing around in boats and stuff looking around for stuff.

2) I carry a metal detector on me at all times.

eeeeexcellent...

also, how do you spell "integrity"?

how quick was the turnaround between payment and the confirmation email for the secondary?

Just to clarify...once the secondary is submitted and letters are in, we just wait around for an email, no status page to check on? I've looked, but I just end up back on the secondary...

Just to clarify...once the secondary is submitted and letters are in, we just wait around for an email, no status page to check on? I've looked, but I just end up back on the secondary...
they sent me an e-mail confirmation that im in the screening process and will get a confirmation when its done in 4-6 weeks (or longer) and if i wanna check the progress to e-mail them no status page

they sent me an e-mail confirmation that im in the screening process and will get a confirmation when its done in 4-6 weeks (or longer) and if i wanna check the progress to e-mail them no status page

thank you! how long did it take you get this email confirmation after you submitted your secondary?

thank you! how long did it take you get this email confirmation after you submitted your secondary?
Submitted 7/2 and received the e-mail that I was undergoing preliminary screening 7/6 dont worry if you dont receive an e-mail soon they are probably doing them in batches if nothing comes in another week or so then send them a nice e-mail...they seemed really nice over the phone when I had a question!

Submitted 7/2 and received the e-mail that I was undergoing preliminary screening 7/6 dont worry if you dont receive an e-mail soon they are probably doing them in batches if nothing comes in another week or so then send them a nice e-mail...they seemed really nice over the phone when I had a question!

thank you so much :) i just submitted my secondary today

It hasn't even been 10 days since I've entered the primary screening process and already I am running out of patience! This is going to be a long year.

any current students want to comment on RFU?

I am a current student at RFU/CMS I was in the 2009-2010 BMS class and now will be a M2. Here are some facts about the school they should answer your questions.

In March our new dean started and since then many changes have been made.

The school just finished a new interprofessional building with I believe 14 new group study rooms, a lecture hall and simulation lab. Along with adding a new building they are also currently working on updating Rhodes auditorium (the 1st year lecture hall) which will be completed before this year's class starts. They have also replaced all of the chairs within the 24 hour section of the library and in the student union. In other words, yes RFU has been long in need of an update but it is finally happening.

As for curriculum they switched to a systems based curriculum that has tests for M1s every 2 weeks and tests for M2s every 3 weeks. They are actively looking at this years step one scores to see how this switch has affected the average. In my opinion overall the classes are taught very well, aside from a few exceptions. As with anything you do in life what you put in you get out. The faculty is very approachable and since we are a small school they do spend a lot of time with students to make sure they are doing well. Studentes tend to do very well on their boards and match into very competitive programs in every specialty.

If you have any more specific questions feel free to ask

How ironic... just got an email from them!

"Your file is complete and has passed a primary screening. This means you are in the pool of applicants who may be invited to interview with CMS. However, this does not guarantee an invitation and you may be invited to interview or declined an interview at anytime during the admissions process.

CMS is interviewing from September- April, with invitations being sent out via email. Please let us know if you have any further questions."

Anyone know if it's just small-pool or reject at this point? Or are they offering interviews?

"Your file is complete and has passed a primary screening. This means you are in the pool of applicants who may be invited to interview with CMS. However, this does not guarantee an invitation and you may be invited to interview or declined an interview at anytime during the admissions process.

CMS is interviewing from September- April, with invitations being sent out via email. Please let us know if you have any further questions."

Anyone know if it's just small-pool or reject at this point? Or are they offering interviews?

I got the same email. I have no idea if this is good or bad- I feel pretty neutral about it.

I got the same email. I have no idea if this is good or bad- I feel pretty neutral about it.

I got nothing here. And my app entered review on 7-6 (same time as you, Steve and perhaps others) :(

Got this today as well.

why do schools act so ambiguous? Just freakin tell us what you mean!

I suppose this is better than a flat out rejection. I think it's too early to give out interviews, too - based on last year's thread, they didn't start sending interview invites until September 2. But, they also didn't start primary screenings until roughly July 20 - so looks like they are doing it faster this year. I wonder how many actually get small-pooled...... I'm willing to bet the pools aren't so small!

I suppose this is better than a flat out rejection. I think it's too early to give out interviews, too - based on last year's thread, they didn't start sending interview invites until September 2. But, they also didn't start primary screenings until roughly July 20 - so looks like they are doing it faster this year. I wonder how many actually get small-pooled...... I'm willing to bet the pools aren't so small!

Could you explain what a small pool is?

I think most people end up small pooled at first before getting an interview. It's just like making the first cut.

finally the answer!

Thank you Steve, hope to see you on interview day somewhere :)

got the email too. so this email isn't getting small pooled? there's another cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.