You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Loma Linda University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
You could always look at your phone. If you see a 909 number, then you're good 🙂
I checked and pinched myself just to make sure lol 😀
Completely different topic, but I'm just elated that the Drayson Center has 5 Racquetball courts and 2 ping pong tables!
Nice! I don't play much racquetball but I'll be your partner for ping pong 🙂 (and tennis, soccer, flag football, basketball, softball....LOL)
For students @ LLU, how much of your rotations during 3rd and 4th year can you do in LA @ white memorial? And do you guys often make trips to the city being only an hour away?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For students @ LLU, how much of your rotations during 3rd and 4th year can you do in LA @ white memorial? And do you guys often make trips to the city being only an hour away?
I'm not sure exactly how many you are aloud to do, I'll have to ask one of my 3rd year buddies if I can, but I know that some have spent an entire 10 week block there. I don't make trips into LA that often as there just hasn't been that much time in the first two years. But it is nice that it is so close, as there is so much to do in LA! I've been to hockey games, baseball games, some show tapings, Disneyland, hiked up to the Hollywood Sign, etc. But as I said, those trips are planned accordingly due to time constraints, plus the traffic around LA is awful!
plus the traffic around LA is awful!
Ditto on the traffic situation. I left the hotel this morning at 4am to avoid the traffic for my 8am flight (it's a 1hr drive without traffic from LLU).
For students @ LLU, how much of your rotations during 3rd and 4th year can you do in LA @ white memorial? And do you guys often make trips to the city being only an hour away?
If you play your cards right you can pretty much do 6/10 weeks of IM, all of peds, all of neuro, all of OB/GYN, and all of family there your 3rd year. And you can apply to do any or all of your 4th year there as electives. Though I wouldn't recommend it. I did part of my Peds rotation there. The White is in east LA which isn't one of the nicer parts of LA. Sure you are closer to LA but you'll be busy working anyways. Traffic is terrible going in and out of the area. They give you housing but most of the times you'll be sharing a room with someone. Also, from my experience, they really "baby" you at the White. There is a lot of learning going on but not much hands on experience.
Just my 2 cents
Just a heads up to anyone still coming out here for interviewing... Starting this Sunday the school is closing Stewart Street for about a year to do major renovations that are really going to help improve traffic congestion/pedestrian safety around the Centennial Complex, but in the mean time, traffic is going to get really bad, really fast. Plan accordingly!
Just a heads up to anyone still coming out here for interviewing... Starting this Sunday the school is closing Stewart Street for about a year to do major renovations that are really going to help improve traffic congestion/pedestrian safety around the Centennial Complex, but in the mean time, traffic is going to get really bad, really fast. Plan accordingly!
Stewart Street? Oh man...that is bad.
Hi!
I was wondering, are they still sending out II's at this point?
I was wondering, are they still sending out II's at this point?
Hi!
I was wondering, are they still sending out II's at this point?
I honestly don't know. When did you submit your application?
Hi!
I was wondering, are they still sending out II's at this point?
when i called a few weeks ago, they said that they were still reviewing and sending II. Try calling now.
I honestly don't know. When did you submit your application?
I was complete by october =/
I've sent an interest letter in jan and recently sent another update
I was complete by october =/
I've sent an interest letter in jan and recently sent another update
I got my secondary on the third week of the month. You might hear something this week as I believe it is the 3rd week of March.
After reading all the previous posts, I am assuming there will be acceptance calls on this Thursday. Is this going to be the last batch? Some said they got their acceptance calls on Friday.. so I am guessing they call on both Thursday and Friday every third week.
To those already accepted, did you receive an acceptance email from Loma Linda shortly after the call? Was it just a few days after the call or a week or month after?
To those already accepted, did you receive an acceptance email from Loma Linda shortly after the call? Was it just a few days after the call or a week or month after?
After reading all the previous posts, I am assuming there will be acceptance calls on this Thursday. Is this going to be the last batch? Some said they got their acceptance calls on Friday.. so I am guessing they call on both Thursday and Friday every third week.
To those already accepted, did you receive an acceptance email from Loma Linda shortly after the call? Was it just a few days after the call or a week or month after?
Good questions you have here.
I received a phone call late Thursday night. It was late for me because of the time difference. On the other hand, they also call on Fridays based on what I've heard from other friends who have gotten accepted.
A few days afterwards (4-5 days), I got an email with my acceptance letter and what I needed to do next to lock in my acceptance. Finally, I received a paper copy of my acceptance letter shortly thereafter (2 weeks or so).
Hope this helps!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After reading all the previous posts, I am assuming there will be acceptance calls on this Thursday. Is this going to be the last batch? Some said they got their acceptance calls on Friday.. so I am guessing they call on both Thursday and Friday every third week.
To those already accepted, did you receive an acceptance email from Loma Linda shortly after the call? Was it just a few days after the call or a week or month after?
Pretty much what wonderdog said^
I missed their call on Thursday (in December) and they called me again on Friday morning. As far as Im aware they don't leave a voice message, but if you get a call from a 909 number, that should be a good sign. I'm not sure if calls on Thursday and Friday are separate batches though. Those who were accepted on Friday usually missed their call on Thursday. Maybe wonderdog or others whove been accepted on Friday can tell you.
I dont remember getting an email regarding acceptance. But i usually receive hundreds of spam everyday so I might've accidentally deleted it. I got the acceptance letter in about 10 days after the call.
people get accepted till early or mid April. And around this time of year, I hear LLU send out a lot of acceptance letters as well as rejection letters. Hope you hear back this Thursday! Best wishes
I was complete by october =/
I've sent an interest letter in jan and recently sent another update
I would give them a call and see what's going on. If you near the LLU area, tell them you are nearby for a few days and would like to arrange an interview if possible. Good luck!
Pretty much what wonderdog said^
I missed their call on Thursday (in December) and they called me again on Friday morning. As far as Im aware they don't leave a voice message, but if you get a call from a 909 number, that should be a good sign. I'm not sure if calls on Thursday and Friday are separate batches though. Those who were accepted on Friday usually missed their call on Thursday. Maybe wonderdog or others whove been accepted on Friday can tell you.
I dont remember getting an email regarding acceptance. But i usually receive hundreds of spam everyday so I might've accidentally deleted it. I got the acceptance letter in about 10 days after the call.
people get accepted till early or mid April. And around this time of year, I hear LLU send out a lot of acceptance letters as well as rejection letters. Hope you hear back this Thursday! Best wishes
Man...if you get a (909) phone call, you better pick up the phone. You know what I'm sayin'?
But seriously, I was accepted on Thursday, but I nearly missed my phone call.
people get accepted till early or mid April
Pretty much what wonderdog said^
I missed their call on Thursday (in December) and they called me again on Friday morning. As far as Im aware they don't leave a voice message, but if you get a call from a 909 number, that should be a good sign. I'm not sure if calls on Thursday and Friday are separate batches though. Those who were accepted on Friday usually missed their call on Thursday. Maybe wonderdog or others whove been accepted on Friday can tell you.
I dont remember getting an email regarding acceptance. But i usually receive hundreds of spam everyday so I might've accidentally deleted it. I got the acceptance letter in about 10 days after the call.
people get accepted till early or mid April. And around this time of year, I hear LLU send out a lot of acceptance letters as well as rejection letters. Hope you hear back this Thursday! Best wishes
👍
You will likely receive the call on Thursday. Look out for that 909 number! Dr. Roddy seems to like to make her calls between 5-6:30 PT (Little fact: I received two calls, one at 8:45 and one at 9:05 ET...I missed both lol). She called me back the next morning. I received an email the Monday after with the acceptance letter and the official packet a little over a week later.
So like Jwinsler and wonderdog said, look out for that 909 in the coming days! 🙂 Good luck!
Have any of you who were accepted received a financial aid letter/award? If no, do you know when to expect one?
I did receive a letter regarding finances, yes.
Have any of you who were accepted received a financial aid letter/award? If no, do you know when to expect one?
I received a letter detailing the 2013-2014 COA, a timeline for financial aid, and a list of possible financing options. It was more informational than anything.
No award letter yet.
I received a letter detailing the 2013-2014 COA, a timeline for financial aid, and a list of possible financing options. It was more informational than anything.
No award letter yet.
Same here
Did anyone receive a call yesterday/ today?
Does anyone know if they are still giving out interview invites?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if they are still giving out interview invites?
They usually interview through June.
Got the acceptance call today! Good luck to everyone still waiting. 

Got the acceptance call today! Good luck to everyone still waiting.![]()
congratulations!
Thank you!! I interviewed mid-February, and I'm a non-SDA.
Thank you!! I interviewed mid-February, and I'm a non-SDA.
Congrats Bishu 🙂 looks like you have quite a few places to choose from now!
Can anyone tell me what the policy is for recording lectures? I heard that it is currently done by students but not the school itself.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Got the acceptance call today! Good luck to everyone still waiting.![]()
congratz! 😀 did you get the call on Friday morning?
congratz! 😀 did you get the call on Friday morning?
Yep!
They usually interview through June.
If they interview through June, does anyone know how good someone's chance of acceptance is this late in the process?
I submitted my secondary back in September, NonSDA, I have above average MCAT and average GPA. I have not heard anything from Loma Linda.
Also have they sent out rejections to people pre-interview? Thanks.
If they interview through June, does anyone know how good someone's chance of acceptance is this late in the process?
I submitted my secondary back in September, NonSDA, I have above average MCAT and average GPA. I have not heard anything from Loma Linda.
Also have they sent out rejections to people pre-interview? Thanks.
I'm not sure. What do you mean by above average MCAT and average GPA?
i'm not sure. What do you mean by above average mcat and average gpa?
35 mcat, 3.65 gpa
Hi Everyone. I'm trying to follow this thread because I haven't heard from LLU since I interviewed on February 5th. Has anyone been accepted from that date yet? I didn't receive a call the third week like everyone is speculating, but I am not sure if I will hear from them this week or not. If you are waitlisted, do you have any idea how and when they inform you? Luckily I have been accepted at another school already so I have a "good problem" waiting to hear from them, but I am still curious if anyone has any updates or general advice. I'm also not sure if/when it's appropriate to contact them at this point. Bishu, it looks like you've been accepted (congrats!) Anyone have any advice on any of those things? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed the same day and have heard nothing as wellHi Everyone. I'm trying to follow this thread because I haven't heard from LLU since I interviewed on February 5th. Has anyone been accepted from that date yet? I didn't receive a call the third week like everyone is speculating, but I am not sure if I will hear from them this week or not. If you are waitlisted, do you have any idea how and when they inform you? Luckily I have been accepted at another school already so I have a "good problem" waiting to hear from them, but I am still curious if anyone has any updates or general advice. I'm also not sure if/when it's appropriate to contact them at this point. Bishu, it looks like you've been accepted (congrats!) Anyone have any advice on any of those things? Thanks!
Another rejection via snail mail. Completed my secondary in September, no interview
me too
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
