You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Ohio State University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
The wait is killing me.. I interviewed last week and completely fell in love with the school.. 😍😍 Hoping and praying I get accepted here..
Yea, me too.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What day did you interview?
Monday the 4th!
Monday the 4th!
I interviewed the 6th.. So I know exactly how you feel..

Btw.. No I don't love meat and i have not gotten stuck in Paris.. Lol.
I interviewed the 6th.. So I know exactly how you feel..
Btw.. No I don't love meat and i have not gotten stuck in Paris.. Lol.
Lol. The person I am looking for does not use SDN apparently 🙁. I hope I will get accepted here, so I won't be too mad at my self for the missed connection 😛
You can always try craigslist "missed connections" hahaLol. The person I am looking for does not use SDN apparently 🙁. I hope I will get accepted here, so I won't be too mad at my self for the missed connection 😛
I interviewed here on February 06th and I really loved the school and the program. However, one thing I regret is not getting this girl contact information, she interviewed with me but I never had a chance to see her after the interview.If you are the girl who loves eating meat + got stock in Paris 🙂 and reading this please PM.
first time I have ever seen this type of question in here, haha.
Okay. So can someone please explain to me what a Buckeye even is? Is it an animal? I am so confused and I just think it looks like some dude with a chin beard.
Okay. So can someone please explain to me what a Buckeye even is? Is it an animal? I am so confused and I just think it looks like some dude with a chin beard.
Look here
Okay. So can someone please explain to me what a Buckeye even is? Is it an animal? I am so confused and I just think it looks like some dude with a chin beard.
It's that band, The Buckeyed Peas,
It's that band, The Buckeyed Peas,
Wow.... really?
Oh yeah, I love that band.
And googling would be the obvious answer! What's the fun in doing things the easy way?!
And googling would be the obvious answer! What's the fun in doing things the easy way?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Today is the big day.. Goodluck everyone!! Hopefully we get that call!!! 😀
Just got the call!!! 😀
Welp, I suppose I'll ask... has anyone who is deferred gotten accepted recently? Maybe? Hopefully?
Just got that callllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂
Congrats!
Sent from my SCH-I535 using SDN Mobile
missed the call earlier today and just listened to a voicemail on my phone!
so excited; this is my favorite school!
Congrats to you too!
Sent from my SCH-I535 using SDN Mobile
So all we have to do to apply for the various need based scholarships/aid at OSU is submit the FAFSA correct? there are no additional applications for aid?
Correct, and include parents info even if independent or married (which I don't get, I've been married for five years and these schools still want to know what my Dad makes)
Sent from my SCH-I535 using SDN Mobile
Correct, and include parents info even if independent or married (which I don't get, I've been married for five years and these schools still want to know what my Dad makes)
Sent from my SCH-I535 using SDN Mobile
thanks
Anyone else interviewing on March 4th? Can anyone comment on their interviews so far?
I thought I was a patient person, but the deferred decision is killing me! I so want to go to OSU! I would like to send a letter, but I don't have much of an update. I'm taking the required anatomy, but not done yet. And I really want to go to second look, but I can't very well invite myself. Does anyone have any idea how admissions feels about letters of intent or reference letters? My undergrad advised against them. Maybe I could park myself outside of the office and stand on my head with a sign. 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does everyone who interview and not get accepted receive the deferred status ? Do they reject anyone right away ?
see:
Just FYI, not all post interview candidates who do not get the call are automatically deferred: I was outright rejected this morning according to the website. I am going to call as soon as the office opens and find out what in the world happened.
Off topic...but way to go OSU with beating Minnesota.
I had tickets to the game -- was so slow first half. But a good outcome!
I had tickets to the game -- was so slow first half. But a good outcome!
Off topic...but way to go OSU with beating Minnesota.
I had tickets to the game -- was so slow first half. But a good outcome!
👍
Sent from my SCH-I535 using SDN Mobile
Enjoy the day!
Last edited:
Enjoy the day!
Is today a call day ??
Is today a call day ??
No, just was hoping everyone would have a good day. We're all so stressed out and we need to relax. Well anyway, I am, and I'm trying to relax. Guess I'll have a glass of wine and watch Seth MacFarlane, love him!

I feel you on that one! enjoy your night dude, cheers!!No, just was hoping everyone would have a good day. We're all so stressed out and we need to relax. Well anyway, I am, and I'm trying to relax. Guess I'll have a glass of wine and watch Seth MacFarlane, love him!
![]()
I have narrowed it down to two schools: Ohio State and Case Western. It doesn't help that both second look weekends are on the same freaking weekend.
Sounds like you really can't go wrong either way... good problem to have!
I have narrowed it down to two schools: Ohio State and Case Western. It doesn't help that both second look weekends are on the same freaking weekend.
That's unfortunate. At least the two curriculums are extremely different, might help narrow it down a bit? Good luck on the decision.
Interview invite today via applicant status website for march 13th. OOS. Thrilled beyond belief!
!!! Congrats!
Were you notified by email as well?
!!! Congrats!
Were you notified by email as well?
Yeah, I received an email saying that my status has been changed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview invite today via applicant status website for march 13th. OOS. Thrilled beyond belief!
Congrats! This gives me hope, hopefully not false hope.
Interview invite today via applicant status website for march 13th. OOS. Thrilled beyond belief!
Sending you good vibes - that's my birthday.
i haven't got any interview call thus far and haven't been rejected as well. What does it mean? Should i just give up the prospects of getting an interview call because i completed my secondary in july 2012 and this wait time is killllling me . seriously just let me know if i am rejected and i can move on 🙁
Any calls so far??
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
