You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had the same problem, so I came on here to see if I was in good company. Sounds like it's only us...but we were the only Sunday people, so I'm going to give it until tomorrow afternoon. (That doesn't really make sense considering Saturday got an auto response, but still....)
I submitted payment 10 or so hours ago, so it's not that I'm jumping the gun.
Well, I actually paid it on Friday or Saturday (I can't remember?) but my bank statement shows that while I paid it, it's still being processed so I am going to wait until tomorrow when it should be a completed transaction before I jump the gun and send an email. Doesn't sound good that people got email confirmation within minutes of payment though...
Well, I actually paid it on Friday or Saturday (I can't remember?) but my bank statement shows that while I paid it, it's still being processed so I am going to wait until tomorrow when it should be a completed transaction before I jump the gun and send an email. Doesn't sound good that people got email confirmation within minutes of payment though...
Yeah the email even says "this was automatically generated" at the bottom. I might call in and ask if you haven't gotten it by tomorrow.
Well, I actually paid it on Friday or Saturday (I can't remember?) but my bank statement shows that while I paid it, it's still being processed so I am going to wait until tomorrow when it should be a completed transaction before I jump the gun and send an email. Doesn't sound good that people got email confirmation within minutes of payment though...
Could be your bank. Some banks/credit card companies can be slow to update. I would call them before you call RFU.
Boom. Submitted the secondary.
Commence praying to all major and minor deities.
Commence praying to all major and minor deities.
Just got this secondary!
Could be your bank. Some banks/credit card companies can be slow to update. I would call them before you call RFU.
yeah i didn't recieve a confirmation e-mail or anything yet. it's only been a few minutes so maybe i should eat some breakfast and relax🙄
I still have not gotten the email...I hope I did not delete it from my spam. I will call them later this week if I still have not gotten the link.
if a bunch of us have the same problem then i'm not so worried. they're probably just slow sending out confirmation e-mails
So, as many of you know, the secondary prompts are identical as last year. I applied last year and didn't get in, but I have strong numbers and applied really late last year. I'm wondering if I should use the same essays I submitted last year since I feel they were strongly written. Anybody have any insight on this? Thanks!
D
deleted236787
So, as many of you know, the secondary prompts are identical as last year. I applied last year and didn't get in, but I have strong numbers and applied really late last year. I'm wondering if I should use the same essays I submitted last year since I feel they were strongly written. Anybody have any insight on this? Thanks!
No!!! Many schools will look at both applications side by side to compare, so this will just come off as lazy. Also, use every opportunity you can to express the aspects of your application that are differen't than last time - something didn't work before so they want to see that you have changed.
This is a really good post from the dean of admissions at Ohio State with advice for medical school re-applicants.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone that paid gotten the link to the secondary????
Submitted!
it's all about the benjamins.Just got it. Interesting that they make you pay before they give you access to it.
D
deleted236787
Submitted!
Nice work.. I haven't started.
I try to do them in the order I get them and I have 2 I need to do before this one.
has anyone that paid gotten the link to the secondary????
Still nothing. Credit card says they have received payment and still no email with the logon information for the secondary. I think it's time to email.
Hey everyone..question about the secondary.
So, the secondary didn't note a character or word limit. So I wrote about 3/4 of page for the first two questions. In an e-mail that was confirming I submitted my secondary, there was a pdf that showed my application. In the PDF, I noticed that it was only showing a part of what I had submitted---anyone know what's up? Was there a word limit I didn't know about?
So, the secondary didn't note a character or word limit. So I wrote about 3/4 of page for the first two questions. In an e-mail that was confirming I submitted my secondary, there was a pdf that showed my application. In the PDF, I noticed that it was only showing a part of what I had submitted---anyone know what's up? Was there a word limit I didn't know about?
Hey everyone..question about the secondary.
So, the secondary didn't note a character or word limit. So I wrote about 3/4 of page for the first two questions. In an e-mail that was confirming I submitted my secondary, there was a pdf that showed my application. In the PDF, I noticed that it was only showing a part of what I had submitted---anyone know what's up? Was there a word limit I didn't know about?
General consensus seems to be try to keep it brief (i.e. anywhere from 1 word to 1 million words). In other words, nobody knows.
Does anybody know what an "inter professional environment" means?
working with other professionals.. ?
Still nothing. Credit card says they have received payment and still no email with the logon information for the secondary. I think it's time to email.
Probably. I got the second email 30 seconds after submitting payment.
i know it says its optional but would not submitting a photo hurt my chances of getting in?? i dont want to go thru the pain of trying to pick one that I think is acceptable. most of the ones I have are of me getting drunk hahahahaha
D
deleted236787
do we have to submit a photo? i dont want to go thru the pain of trying to pick one that I think is acceptable. most of the ones I have are of me getting drunk hahahahaha
It is probably best because then they can put a face to the name and are more likely to remember you.
You could always have one professionally taken - or even have one taken by a friend. I just put on my interview suit one day and stood against a white wall in my apartment and had my roommate take one on her phone... edited it a little on the computer and cropped it to size and it was good to go.
It is probably best because then they can put a face to the name and are more likely to remember you.
You could always have one professionally taken - or even have one taken by a friend. I just put on my interview suit one day and stood against a white wall in my apartment and had my roommate take one on her phone... edited it a little on the computer and cropped it to size and it was good to go.
I did pretty much the same thing today. I picked a room with good lighting, hung a sheet over a door, and had my friend take a picture of me with a digital camera. I cropped it on my computer and it came out great!
Like futchadoc said it's probably easier for them to remember you after your interview if you have a picture on your app. It's shouldn't be that much trouble to take a quick picture.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How Did I Hear About RFU? (other than being from Chicago, of course?)
Well I was in Iraq and walking towards the jeep when I saw a photo in the dirt. I bent over to pick it up, dusted it off and looked at a picture of a school. Just as I started to walk back to the jeep, an enemy grenade blew it up. That picture saved my life, and ever since I've vowed to find the school in it.
Well I was in Iraq and walking towards the jeep when I saw a photo in the dirt. I bent over to pick it up, dusted it off and looked at a picture of a school. Just as I started to walk back to the jeep, an enemy grenade blew it up. That picture saved my life, and ever since I've vowed to find the school in it.
D
deleted236787
How Did I Hear About RFU? (other than being from Chicago, of course?)
Well I was in Iraq and walking towards the jeep when I saw a photo in the dirt. I bent over to pick it up, dusted it off and looked at a picture of a school. Just as I started to walk back to the jeep, an enemy grenade blew it up. That picture saved my life, and ever since I've vowed to find the school in it.
That's a pretty great story... someone should make that into a movie 😉
I submitted and viewed the PDF version of my secondary... my responses are cut off at the bottom though. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you guys think it is something worth contacting the admissions office over?
i contacted the admissions office about that same thing, and they said that even though the responses get cut off in the PDFs we view, the admissions office will be able to expand and see our entire response. there are no limits to the responses so they'll see everything we type in. no need to worry 🙂
sent! time to go enjoy my 4th of july by drinking some blue moons😎
For anybody else that had the same problem I did, they finally sent me my secondary link today.
How long does it take to get a confirmation email after submission of the secondary? I tried logging in again after submitting and it gives me the same form without any of it filled out or without any indication that I submitted the application. Is this normal?
*Edit: I got the email with the PDF attachment a few minutes after submission. I feel so neurotic for asking that question right after submitting.
*Edit: I got the email with the PDF attachment a few minutes after submission. I feel so neurotic for asking that question right after submitting.
How long does it take to get a confirmation email after submission of the secondary? I tried logging in again after submitting and it gives me the same form without any of it filled out or without any indication that I submitted the application. Is this normal?
*Edit: I got the email with the PDF attachment a few minutes after submission. I feel so neurotic for asking that question right after submitting.
The email with the PDF attachment says it is the "supplemental application confirmation."
How Did I Hear About RFU? (other than being from Chicago, of course?)
Well I was in Iraq and walking towards the jeep when I saw a photo in the dirt. I bent over to pick it up, dusted it off and looked at a picture of a school. Just as I started to walk back to the jeep, an enemy grenade blew it up. That picture saved my life, and ever since I've vowed to find the school in it.
🤣That was one of the few funnies that actually made me laugh out loud. Props.
For me, I was perusing the school specific discussions and saw the RFU thread, a school I'd never heard of or seen before. When I looked it up and found out it was in Chicago, I added it to my list. True story.
Same here! Crossing my fingers 🙂.
Just entered screening!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too
Just entered screening!
I just called and asked to be put on hold for primary screening because I am including a new set of MCAT scores which won't be available until August. Looks like I'll be waiting a while longer to get an interview invite. Good luck to all of you on the early train!
Do you need to have LORs to enter screening?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 207K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 287K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 737
- Views
- 227K