2012-2013 University of Missouri - Columbia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a question about the scoring if any of you know. So the interviewers score you 1-25, but is that based on solely your interview, or including your primary/secondary? And when the rest of the committee votes, does that include your primary/secondary only?

Members don't see this ad.

I had a question about the scoring if any of you know. So the interviewers score you 1-25, but is that based on solely your interview, or including your primary/secondary? And when the rest of the committee votes, does that include your primary/secondary only?

I might be wrong... but I think they way they explained it was that your interviewer scores you on the overall impression, and then the committee will score you in different areas like mcat, gpa, activities, etc.

I might be wrong... but I think they way they explained it was that your interviewer scores you on the overall impression, and then the committee will score you in different areas like mcat, gpa, activities, etc.
Gotcha, thanks for the reply!

Members don't see this ad :)
the more i think about, the more im preparing for the worst...rejection :/

The interviewers score you based on impression yes, but the committee actually does the same rather than voting on certain areas of your application- but obviously they didn't all interview you, so your two interviewers are your salesman (or not...) and attempt to convince the committee to score you well (or not...) and then each will give a 1-25 pt assessment which is averaged and fixed... So no LOIs, love letters, or application changes affect your score after the committee meeting.

Does anybody know if they sent out any emails today?

The interviewers score you based on impression yes, but the committee actually does the same rather than voting on certain areas of your application- but obviously they didn't all interview you, so your two interviewers are your salesman (or not...) and attempt to convince the committee to score you well (or not...) and then each will give a 1-25 pt assessment which is averaged and fixed... So no LOIs, love letters, or application changes affect your score after the committee meeting.
Obviously things after your interview have no bearing on their assessment of you. You make it sound like it is based solely on the interview. I was wondering how your GPA, MCAT, etc., figure into your score.

Obviously things after your interview have no bearing on their assessment of you. You make it sound like it is based solely on the interview. I was wondering how your GPA, MCAT, etc., figure into your score.
i think i read somewhere that initially, pre-interview, your MCAT and GPA and extracurriculars will get you the interview. post-interview your interview is the most important but MCAT/GPA, activities all still play a big role.

i think i read somewhere that initially, pre-interview, your MCAT and GPA and extracurriculars will get you the interview. post-interview your interview is the most important but MCAT/GPA, activities all still play a big role.
ragardless though, tonight/tomorrow can't come soon enough. I just want a conclusion to this whole fiasco. so i know what to do with my future...now of course i wouldnt mind waiting a little longer if i get waitlisted but...you get the point.

I called earlier today and they said they would be sending out emails tomorrow. A friend of mine had one of the earliest acceptances and said they had called for acceptances--doubt they'll do that tomorrow though.

I called earlier today and they said they would be sending out emails tomorrow. A friend of mine had one of the earliest acceptances and said they had called for acceptances--doubt they'll do that tomorrow though.
thats weird, most of my friends who were accepted there only got it by email. they call people when they get off the waitlist usually

thats weird, most of my friends who were accepted there only got it by email. they call people when they get off the waitlist usually

He was one of the first five people accepted to Mizzou so that might be the reason why? But I'm not that great of a listener so maybe I misunderstood what was said! In any case, best of luck to everyone! Hoping for the best tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
He was one of the first five people accepted to Mizzou so that might be the reason why? But I'm not that great of a listener so maybe I misunderstood what was said! In any case, best of luck to everyone! Hoping for the best tomorrow!

Agreed! Best of luck to all of us! :luck:

good luck everyone! remember that whatever happens, there are still people in this world that are in much dire situations than us. hope for the best, prepare for the worst. worst case scenario, i'll be applying again to mizzou next year!!

Any news for anyone? Last year they sent out the email pretty early in the morning.

Any news for anyone? Last year they sent out the email pretty early in the morning.
Nothing here. Getting pretty nervous. At my interview they said it would be earlier in the morning. They also said they only accept ~5 people a month and do most of the acceptances at the end of the cycle lol

Nothing here. Getting pretty nervous. At my interview they said it would be earlier in the morning. They also said they only accept ~5 people a month and do most of the acceptances at the end of the cycle lol

Yeah, it was definitely before 9am last year. I woke up, checked my email, and groggily realized I'd been rejected.

I think through people calling the office, people have confirmed that there are only 5-10 acceptances left to give out today, so I'm thinking most of us will be WL'd or rejected.

I wonder if they're reading this and enjoying our suffering.

I can just see them in a conference room with this thread on the projector...suggesting they should troll and make fake posts.

I slept horribly! I was up every 30 minutes last night checking my phone (e-mail). Weird...since I knew they wouldn't email us at 3 am. Ha!

Maybe they had a lot of people turn down their acceptances yesterday so they're trying to quickly shift the list around. :)

I can just see them in a conference room with this thread on the projector...suggesting they should troll and make fake posts.

That is ingenious! Suddenly several of the active members stop posting...

Maybe they had a lot of people turn down their acceptances yesterday so they're trying to quickly shift the list around. :)

It shouldn't take this long to shift around the list! All they have to do is pull X number of students from the top to accept, and then put X number on the waitlist from the rejected list.

I think they really do enjoy the power of making us wait.

It shouldn't take this long to shift around the list! All they have to do is pull X number of students from the top to accept, and then put X number on the waitlist from the rejected list.

I bet they have a system where they prepare all the emails and then send at once rather than send it one by one. Probably getting their stuff in order also for people who are waitlisted since those people will want to know which 1/3 of the list they are in.

Unless they are trying to create a balanced diverse class. Then they have other factors to consider.

so my plan of sleeping in and getting my faith didn't really work. i figured if i got rejected i would fall into a depressed sleep afterwards, or if i got waitlisted, it wouldnt be such a bad sleep...so much for that. last year, the emails were already sent out by now. come on mizzou!!!

Unless they are trying to create a balanced diverse class. Then they have other factors to consider.

Hey, hey, don't bring reason into this discussion...some of us are freaking out man. Heck I am stuck in a dungeon right now without dry erase markers!

The list is pretty permanent as far as I'm aware. They can't just pull a more "diverse" student off the bottom of the list to accept.

The list is pretty permanent as far as I'm aware. They can't just pull a more "diverse" student off the bottom of the list to accept.

That's what worries me. We'll never know if they do that. It's not like the process is transparent.

That's what worries me. We'll never know if they do that. It's not like the process is transparent.

True... maybe they've just been lying to us this whole time. And now that the point is brought up, I wonder how URM's are factored into things. Do they just have a better chance at getting an interview, but everyone is even after that?

Hey, hey, don't bring reason into this discussion...some of us are freaking out man. Heck I am stuck in a dungeon right now without dry erase markers!

Don't make me send your favorite two people in.

True... maybe they've just been lying to us this whole time. And now that the point is brought up, I wonder how URM's are factored into things. Do they just have a better chance at getting an interview, but everyone is even after that?
well if its anything like michigan law school, URMs get points added to their total just for being URM.

I am sure we'll know pretty soon, there is probably a reason for the delay (if you can really call it that). With how hard the admissions folks have been working for this day, if anything causes a change (one accepted individual dropping) it could delay everything.

Hey Mjol, I am talking to your lab partner that you made come in today. What a jerk!

for what its worth, the facebook group has 50 members in it already...gulp

My email keeps trolling me.

OMG new email! Old Navy ad -_-

1 new message! Mom -_-

Another message! *~*~* Make your penis bigger free pills online pharmacy *~*~*

That's it, I'm calling the admissions office. My stomach can't take much more of this

They said they hate us all and enjoy watching us suffer. Just kidding of course. She said they are still sending emails out, and there are a bunch to send. I'm starting to get that sinking feeling in my stomach.

That's expected. If it has like 80ish, i would've known that my game was over.
well last year they pulled over 60 from the waitlist...if all those 50 are actually attending that takes it down to only 46 seats left not including people who accept their seat today...

I'm just hoping that they are saving the best for last and not saving the rejections for last.

Status
Not open for further replies.