2013-2014 Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted 8/8... never got complete email. Am I complete? Any suggestions on what to do??

You can check your status through their application portal.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know when they will start releasing post interview decisions?

For those of you already interviewed, what time were you done? My interview starts at 11am but I'm supposed to catch a shuttle to the airport at 5:30pm on 10/18. Could I be able to make it? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone tracking IIs,

I submitted secondary 10/6, no "complete" e-mail, received interview invite e-mail 10/22

There were open interview slots that I could have taken as soon as next week, but I needed a little more time because of work. The first week of November was also available (still coming quick!).

I am thrilled to interview here, and it will be my first one. :D

Reactions: 1 user
For anyone tracking IIs,

I submitted secondary 10/6, no "complete" e-mail, received interview invite e-mail 10/22

There were open interview slots that I could have taken as soon as next week, but I needed a little more time because of work. The first week of November was also available (still coming quick!).

Wow! I hope those spots don't go unfilled... I know someone who would be happy to go next week ;). It's nice to hear that they still have interview space in the near future, since that gives me a bit more hope after being given the cold shoulder for almost 3 months now :laugh:.

Congratulations -- have a great interview!!

Would you mind sharing your stats? I am curious. Thank you.

For anyone tracking IIs,

Damn, I was complete Sept 26th and no word still. I'm guessing silent rejection?

Does Netter go in order of complete date?

Damn, I was complete Sept 26th and no word still. I'm guessing silent rejection?

Nah, I wouldn't assume that at all, especially considering that the interview slots available were in October and November. I'd be more worried if the soonest one was in February or something. There's still plenty of time, best of luck!

To the person who asked for stats, I think I'm a 73 LizzyM. OOS (though I'm NY, if that matters).

Ok tomorrow is another Thursday. Here's to hoping for an II. I love Netter's mission.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know if they're receptive to in the area Emails?

Just got an interview :). I wonder how was the interview. Appreciate if people who interviewed comment on that. Good luck everyone.

Just got an interview :). I wonder how was the interview. Appreciate if people who interviewed comment on that. Good luck everyone.
Congrats! Complete date?

Did anyone who got an ii talk about a non-primary care specialty on the secondary? I want to be honest and I have a good reason for my interest in a non-primary care specialty but that question seems like a weed out question since they like primary care.

I wonder if it's worth filling out the secondary if I'm going to say that since I really can't foresee what I might end up liking in the end...it's just an interest at this point.

Although their mission is to create more primary care physicians, my understanding is that they encourage finding the specialty that is best fit for you. An approach could be to show your interest in primary care, while stating you would like to gain more exposure to other specialties throughout medical school including your clinical rotations.... Just an idea, good luck!

Although their mission is to create more primary care physicians, my understanding is that they encourage finding the specialty that is best fit for you. An approach could be to show your interest in primary care, while stating you would like to gain more exposure to other specialties throughout medical school including your clinical rotations.... Just an idea, good luck!
I did exactly this in my secondary. I think it's important to be honest about what your interests are, and it seems that they won't punish you for expressing interest in a non-pc specialty.

However... I also have not been given an interview invitation, so... maybe I'm wrong. :unsure:

Did anyone who interviewed hear back from the admission?

Should I be worried that I haven't gotten an interview invite being complete in Sept?

Heya and congrats to those who received acceptances!

I started an FB group for next year's class. I remember last year it was nice to touch base with people and get talking early regarding roommates, living situation, etc. There's plenty of time to decide whether Netter is the place for you, but you can at least check in with a few current First Years and get to know each other before Second Look Day.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/571764602894621/

Congrats to all of you who have been accepted! If you have any specific questions, feel free to post them here or send me a message!

I wonder how many people they're planning to invite for interview? Anyone know?

Accepted today:)
Interviewed 10/18!

I'm sorry to bother you guys but, if you don't mind, would any of you be willing post stats? I'll be doing interviews this summer and I just wanted to get an idea of what QU is looking for as far as numbers go

Congrats to all of you!! :love:

I'm sorry to bother you guys but, if you don't mind, would any of you be willing post stats? I'll be doing interviews this summer and I just wanted to get an idea of what QU is looking for as far as numbers go

Congrats to all of you!! :love:

I think it would be better for you to go on the website and find the avg stats for the incoming class. You only get a few data points on here and that data may be an extraneous one. =)

I think it would be better for you to go on the website and find the avg stats for the incoming class. You only get a few data points on here and that data may be an extraneous one. =)
My MCAT is a 36 and I don't have an interview; erg0, you need > 36 for an interview. ;)

If it isn't apparent, I agree with the above poster that average stats may be more representative. I have copied their current class profile for your convenience.

Applicant Totals for 2013 Entering Class:
AMCAS applications received - 1914
Applicants Invited to Interview - 418
Class Size - 60

Statistics for Enrolling Students (as of August 2013)Female - 30 (50%)
Male - 30 (50%)
Underrepresented in Medicine - 9 (15%)

MCAT
Mean - 29.5

Total GPA
Mean - 3.55

BCPM (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Math) GPA
Mean - 3.67

AO (All other)
Mean - 3.46

Highest Degree earned:
Bachelor's - 33 (55%)
Graduate - 16 (27%)
Post-baccalaureate - 11 (18%)

Sampling of Majors Represented - Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Economics, Music History/Theory, Neuroscience, Political Science, Psychology, and Spanish

Thanks to both of you! Oh wow, I must've skipped over that part of the website.

My MCAT is a 36 and I don't have an interview; erg0, you need > 36 for an interview. ;)
You're scaring me! :(
All kidding aside, congrats on an amazing score and I'm sure the rest of your application is just as awesome.

Thanks to both of you! Oh wow, I must've skipped over that part of the website.

You're scaring me! :(
All kidding aside, congrats on an amazing score and I'm sure the rest of your application is just as awesome.
It seems like a couple of medical schools do this - interview (and even accept) students with lower stats before those with higher ones. I wonder if its because they think that those "higher stat" students wont really matriculate there, and - as such- are just waiting for them to withdrawal after they get an acceptance at a better institution. I mean, if you have a 36 MCAT and a 3.9 GPA, and the school's average is 30 and 3.7, then clearly something is going on if they don't accept you.

Please tell me that I am missing the sarcasm in this statement.
Well, just to clear it up... I have nowhere near a 3.9 -- my LizzyM is right around the school's average (but heavily unbalanced).

Regardless, I totally agree that a 36 and 3.9 who fits the school's mission and is genuinely interested should get in over a 30 and 3.7. However, people generally shoot for the "best" school they can possibly get in to, so I expect that there is some strategy involved in interviewing students who are a higher yield [closer to the average stats who both a) fit the mission and b) display interest] and foregoing higher-stat students who aren't a great fit and are clearly unlikely to matriculate.

Well, just to clear it up... I have nowhere near a 3.9 -- my LizzyM is right around the school's average (but heavily unbalanced).

Regardless, I totally agree that a 36 and 3.9 who fits the school's mission and is genuinely interested should get in over a 30 and 3.7. However, people generally shoot for the "best" school they can possibly get in to, so I expect that there is some strategy involved in interviewing students who are a higher yield [closer to the average stats who both a) fit the mission and b) display interest] and foregoing higher-stat students who aren't a great fit and are clearly unlikely to matriculate.
Okay, that I agree with. The first time you didn't mention the non-academic factors. I was just hoping you didn't make it to this point in the process with the idea that stats are all that matter.

Okay, that I agree with. The first time you didn't mention the non-academic factors. I was just hoping you didn't make it to this point in the process with the idea that stats are all that matter.
Well I'm glad we're in agreement... however, I wasn't the one who posted the first comment you quoted ;).

3.82, 29(11,7,11)
NJ resident
Volunteered at 2 hospitals
Shadowed about 10 doctors

How bad will that 7 hurt me?

Good chance here?

Has anyone tried submitting an update pre-interview via the "Additional Information" section of the secondary?