2020-2021 Quinnipiac (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!! mind sharing your stats?
Yeah! Not sure about GPA overall, as I got a 3.72 in a master's program and a 3.2 or 3.3 in undergrad a few years ago as a double major in biopsych and comparative literature (low science GPA, probably around a 3.0). I received an untimely ADHD diagnosis just after college that accounts for much of my undergrad academic performance, but did well after this in my master's program. Then for MCAT I had a 506 highest.

I figure I'm a bit of an exception, as I live with my Netter student partner in New Haven and know several individuals who go here, but hopefully my II can still give lower stat ppl hope. I wrote a letter of interest as this is my top choice, so that may have also contributed to my success. Hope this helps!!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Yeah! Not sure about GPA overall, as I got a 3.72 in a master's program and a 3.2 or 3.3 in undergrad a few years ago as a double major in biopsych and comparative literature (low science GPA, probably around a 3.0). I received an untimely ADHD diagnosis just after college that accounts for much of my undergrad academic performance, but did well after this in my master's program. Then for MCAT I had a 506 highest.

I figure I'm a bit of an exception, as I live with my Netter student partner in New Haven and know several individuals who go here (one of whom was kind enough to put in a good word for me), but hopefully my II can still give lower stat ppl hope. I wrote a letter of interest as this is my top choice, so that may have also contributed to my success. Hope this helps!!!! :)
That was extremely helpful and thank you for such a detailed response. Wishing you the best of luck

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone received a pre-II rejection or do they just do silent rejections? Sorry if this was previously discussed !

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received a pre-II rejection or do they just do silent rejections? Sorry if this was previously discussed !
I have only seen two R’s in this thread from back in early November (pre-secondary, post #259, 261). Not sure about silent rejections or not here, though.

I have only seen two R’s in this thread from back in early November (pre-secondary, post #259, 261). Not sure about silent rejections or not here, though.
Last cycle I got rejected in early February but this cycle is obviously very different

Reactions: 2 users

I figure I'm a bit of an exception, as I live with my Netter student partner in New Haven and know several individuals who go here (one of whom was kind enough to put in a good word for me), but hopefully my II can still give lower stat ppl hope. I wrote a letter of interest as this is my top choice, so that may have also contributed to my success. Hope this helps!!!! :)
These are the stories that give me hope. Applicants are more than their numbers! It was such an awesome interview, so conversational and welcoming. It’ll make you want to go there even more. I hope you get in, my fingers are crossed for you!!!

• Love
ACCEPTED!!!! Just now. Interviewed on 2/5
:clap::clap:

• Love
Reactions: 22 users
I was accepted to both Netter and UConn. Taking into account teaching style, professor approachability, learning atmosphere, and clinical preparation offered, I chose Netter, and I am thrilled!! (Albeit, I'm also going to have more loans.) Who cares if it's a new school? - its match rates speak for themselves. I think it's a bit presumptuous to think those who get accepted to Netter & another CT school will automatically - "obviously" - choose the other school.
Are you a current student? Can you talk about what loan repayment or forgiveness programs are available to students who go into specialty fields? I'm trying to decide between a few schools and take into account all of the things you mentioned, but the cost factor keeps coming up.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how many people receive each scholarship? Not too sure how many of them to apply for
From the email I received you can apply to as many as you qualify for and if you select “apply now” on the scholarship website it states “Seven students will be awarded $25,000 scholarships for their M1 & M2 year” for each scholarship.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know how many more interview invites they will most likely send out?

Reactions: 1 users
Got an A this morning! Interviewed 1/20!! LM70.5 ORM, OOS. What an honor.
For those interviewing, Dr. Yeckel and everyone else during the interview day makes it a point to make you feel welcomed. Relax and tell your story :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 19 users
hey what packet?
Netter normally mails out an acceptance packet with additional information and a rough timeline of things to do before arriving. I think it arrived ~2 weeks after I was accepted last year? I know they still have acceptance packets I just don't know if its being mailed or emailed. If you were accepted a bit ago and never received more info (either by mail or email), I'd recommend reaching out to the admissions office.

A! Interviewed 2/17! I just want to confirm that completing the acceptance form is non-binding? I'm waitlisted at another school and don't want to be removed from consideration. Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Are interviews done? I have nothing but radio silence since my submission and assessing whether it's worth sending a late update

Reactions: 4 users
Are interviews done? I have nothing but radio silence since my submission and assessing whether it's worth sending a late update
I sent an update Last week and got an interview invite a few days ago. I feel like it helps in this case.

Reactions: 2 users
Got my first and probably only II this cycle today at 9 am, options for scheduling were mid march

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 19 users
Has anyone else been waitlisted and if so, do you know if the school is receptive to letters of intent? The letter they sent states “In the interim, it is not expected that you contact the Office of Medical Admissions. We will contact you by phone or electronically if a space becomes available.”

but I’m not too sure what this means. Anyone also know what waitlist movement is like?

How have you guys been doing thank you notes? I am not sure if I should only send one to my adcom interviewer, send one to the adcom interviewer + student interviewer, or send one to the adcom interviewer + student interviewer + the dean/some other combo. Lmk!! :) This would be in addition to a previously completed letter of interest.

How have you guys been doing thank you notes? I am not sure if I should only send one to my adcom interviewer, send one to the adcom interviewer + student interviewer, or send one to the adcom interviewer + student interviewer + the dean/some other combo. Lmk!! :) This would be in addition to a previously completed letter of interest.
I sent mine to the interviewers only

I didn’t realize that their scholarship deadline was March 1st for those of us accepted prior. Have I completely missed out on the opportunity to apply for their scholarships? 😓

I didn’t realize that their scholarship deadline was March 1st for those of us accepted prior. Have I completely missed out on the opportunity to apply for their scholarships? 😓
It’s March 1st or 2 weeks from your acceptance date.

Are you a current student? Can you talk about what loan repayment or forgiveness programs are available to students who go into specialty fields? I'm trying to decide between a few schools and take into account all of the things you mentioned, but the cost factor keeps coming up.
Unfortunately, I am in the class of 2025, but I know a couple of students at Netter. They suggest contacting the Financial Aid office & said its director is extremely helpful and knowledgable. I'm sorry I don't know more. Also, if you've been accepted to Netter, the 2025 Facebook group might be a helpful place to hear from current students, as they are its admins. Loans are of course a crucial factor, and I wish you all the best in your decision!

Unfortunately, I am in the class of 2025, but I know a couple of students at Netter. They suggest contacting the Financial Aid office & said its director is extremely helpful and knowledgable. I'm sorry I don't know more. Also, if you've been accepted to Netter, the 2025 Facebook group might be a helpful place to hear from current students, as they are its admins. Loans are of course a crucial factor, and I wish you all the best in your decision!
Thanks for this info! I forgot about the Facebook group, lol. Good luck at Netter this fall!

Interviews still happening?
Unless something has changed, they said they send II's out through March this year due to the one month COVID delay. They didn't imply they were done at my interview last Friday

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted!!!! Interviewed 2/10!!

• Love
haven't heard from this school since completion. Any more interviews going on?