2021-2022 Quinnipiac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you!! Do you know how long it takes to hear back from them after the interview?
I heard back in around 3 weeks. I would say 3-4 is standard.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an II after complete silence since July. Scheduled for first week of April!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
also got an II!! scheduled for this week super excited!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Message from QU - “We are still actively reviewing applications, as we received well over 7000 for the approximately 90 spots in the class. Our holistic process is quite thorough, and your continued patience is appreciated. You will be notified electronically when there is any change in your application status. We are currently still reviewing applications, and still extending interview invitations. At this point, we expect to conduct interviews through March, and into April.”

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Message from QU - “We are still actively reviewing applications, as we received well over 7000 for the approximately 90 spots in the class. Our holistic process is quite thorough, and your continued patience is appreciated. You will be notified electronically when there is any change in your application status. We are currently still reviewing applications, and still extending interview invitations. At this point, we expect to conduct interviews through March, and into April.”
I got the same thing when I emailed them

Reactions: 1 user
Any current students who can speak to their MeSH and clerkship experience at Netter? Any information is much appreciated!
I’m not a big fan of MeSH since it takes up a lot of time and it was one of the things I didn’t like when I chose Netter. Its one afternoon 1-5 every other week (which is not too bad) and the sites vary a lot. Most have FM/IM and a few have different specialties. You submit preferences but they can’t always accommodate you. My site is a 40 minute drive which I wasn’t very pleased with but I will admit it’s been a good educational experience and I’m pretty comfortable seeing patients/writing notes/taking histories/presenting patients now. Some people have closer sites, but the standard is 30-40 minutes. You can request a site transfer if it’s not working out or can choose to stay at the same site 2 years in a row. Not much info on clerkships as I haven’t started, but my understanding is that the distances are similar to MeSH sites.

Reactions: 5 users
Any current students who can speak to their MeSH and clerkship experience at Netter? Any information is much appreciated!
Another current student opinion, slightly different. I actually like MeSH quite a bit. Ya, it’s a time commitment, and yes most of them are in primary care, but it really is a great, generally pretty low stakes, way to get some more experience with patients. As someone who worked in hospitals for years before starting school, for me it’s a good reminder of “oh ya THIS is why I’m here”, because I pretty much hate preclinical education (though, recognize its necessity). I’m not at all interested in primary care, but I still think it’ll serve as a benefit to my education overall and appreciate the experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mesh is highly variable, i had a mostly pointless experience last year, but it was only a 15 min drive. this year has been incredible, but i drive nearly an hour. even if IM/primary care isn't your jam, i think it helps with contextualizing what we're learning. you get a face and a story behind the pathophysiology, you have the opportunity to make a little flashbulb memory early. i complain about a lot of things that i perceive as time wasters, but mesh isnt one of them.

Reactions: 2 users
Mesh is highly variable, i had a mostly pointless experience last year, but it was only a 15 min drive. this year has been incredible, but i drive nearly an hour. even if IM/primary care isn't your jam, i think it helps with contextualizing what we're learning. you get a face and a story behind the pathophysiology, you have the opportunity to make a little flashbulb memory early. i complain about a lot of things that i perceive as time wasters, but mesh isnt one of them.
Would you mind sharing why it was mostly pointless last year for you?

Also, if you could share how much time you are “required” to be in class and if attendance is required for classes/experiences?

Thanks @anonymous426 @WildMed1234 and @Unskilled Enzyme for the info about MeSH! Super helpful.

Do you know how the 3rd-4th years or alumni feel about the quality of clinical rotations at the various clinical sites? I know the St. Vincent's Hospital and other community hospitals are smaller than the major teaching hospitals associated with other medical schools, so I'm wondering if the students see a smaller range of patient pathologies. Thank you :)

Also, if you could share how much time you are “required” to be in class and if attendance is required for classes/experiences?
Not my post, but one of the best things about Netter is that all lectures are recorded and not mandatory, and true P/F. This is a big factor you should consider when choosing a medical school. A typical week is mandatory 2 hour PBL or ALC M/W 8-10, nothing mandatory T/F, and mandatory 2 hour morning session Thursday as well as a mandatory afternoon session that day.

The schedule is pretty great and I definitely felt like I had plenty of time to do whatever I wanted. They also have very boards-focused exams so you can just study for boards and pass the tests just fine without worrying about lecture content too much.

Last year my preceptor was very kind and very old and had very low expectations, which meant I wasn't able to do much. It was less educational than my premed shadowing, let alone my clinical work. Half the time he'd just let me leave cause all he had was telehealth cause covid. The practice felt like more of a "doc in box," very transactional.
This year, my preceptor kicks my ass non-stop, constantly pushing in a non-threatening, non-humiliating way that efficiently and effectively finds the very edge of my knowledge, and that's where he starts teaching. The very best form pimping, actual Socratic questioning. The practice is one of the rare physician owned and operated, old school, small town family practices where some pts have 3-4 generations being seen at the same office. It's been incredibly helpful to see both sides.

relatively light attendance requirements. An ideal week might be 6 -8 hrs, a rare ****ty week could be >16hrs or mandatory in person stuff? Thankfully uncommon

Just received an II! But I declined it and hopefully one of you will receive it!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Also received an II yesterday afternoon :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
@Unskilled Enzyme -- would you, or any of the other current students active in the thread, be able to comment on how "family-friendly" Quinnipiac is? I know some schools are very accomodating/accepting of parents of young children, but others are the opposite.

As well, could you comment on an estimated weekly mandatory hour requirement for attendance? Classes, labs, etc. Just saw this discussed above, nevermind :)

Thank you!!

Just an update on the II situation-- multiple days available in April as well. Got an II 3/17 a few days after emailing to see if my app was still on file (silence since July before this). ORM, 518, 3.7. Good luck everyone!
How long did it take for them to reply to your email?

Are there others waiting on II but have not received "R"?

Reactions: 12 users
Are there others waiting on II but have not received "R"?
me! but I am just taking this with a grain of salt and that an R is probably coming. If I get a II it will be a pleasant surprise, but I feel like the cycle is done.

Reactions: 6 users
@@cordialcalifornium,@@tvr99,@@greatwhiteshark18
What is the game plan if this doesn't work out? Any SMPs you are considering?
My plan is to apply for a third and final time this coming cycle. :(
No SMP for me, I already did a post bacc a while ago. I’m currently rewriting everything and going to apply day 1 this time.

sent a letter of interest yesterday and just got an II!! was complete mid july

Reactions: 1 users
Dang, I sent an update through the portal. Kind of want to email them now. What should I say though Haha

Reactions: 3 users
@@cordialcalifornium,@@tvr99,@@greatwhiteshark18
What is the game plan if this doesn't work out? Any SMPs you are considering?
no SMPs, my weak point on my app is lack of research. gonna take another gap year, find an RA or CRC position and reapply. i’m on a WL at another school but movement is unlikely

Withdrew from my interview scheduled for next week. ^ Also up to you guys, but it does seem like this school responds a lot faster to emails than portal updates

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I sent an update but nothing came out of it, any advice?