2020-2021 Quinnipiac (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Quinnipiac University (Netter)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you will not be enrolled as a full-time student, how will you be spending/intend to spend your time during your application year? (Limit 150 Words)

What area of medicine do you envision yourself working in at the end of your training? What is shaping your vision? (Limit 100 Words)

Is there anything not captured in your application that you would like to share? (Limit 150 Words)

What non-academic advice would you give to your younger self? (150 words)

In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, what adjustments would you see as necessary and beneficial to the delivery of health care? (150 words)

Physicians are often called upon to play a leadership role within a healthcare team. Give an example of how you have developed your leadership skills. (150 words)

Discuss an experience you have undertaken outside your comfort zone and detail why you sought out this particular experience. (150 words)

@TheDataKing

Reactions: 1 users
Is it possible for secondary to come in waves? I haven't received anything yet but i doubt I'm below the cut off/ I called and spoke to someone after a web session they had for my school and they said I would personally be fine. This is a school with a mission statement and curriculum that I really really like so a ball of nerves right now :(

Is it possible for secondary to come in waves? I haven't received anything yet but i doubt I'm below the cut off/ I called and spoke to someone after a web session they had for my school and they said I would personally be fine. This is a school with a mission statement and curriculum that I really really like so a ball of nerves right now :(
Yes, most schools send them out in waves. I haven't received secondaries for about half of mine yet. Just be patient! It won't hold you back at all!

Reactions: 1 user
I’m surprised I got one and wasn’t screened out. I’m sure they’re just sent in waves!!

Can someone clarify if all of these questions are required? The prompts from last year had 2 required essays and then choose 3

Members don't see this ad :)
Hit me up Quinnipiac

Reactions: 4 users
Is anyone else having trouble with the courses page? I inputted all of my courses, but the page still says incomplete(I definitely meet all of their requirements). Admissions is not picking up, so not sure what to do...

Is this school easier to reach via phone or email? Anyone here get in contact with them so far?

Is anyone else having trouble with the courses page? I inputted all of my courses, but the page still says incomplete(I definitely meet all of their requirements). Admissions is not picking up, so not sure what to do...

Same problem

Same problem. I'm also confused if I should group my chem lectures and lab together since they say only two courses for inorganic chemistry. Same goes for biology and organic chemistry.

Same problem. I'm also confused if I should group my chem lectures and lab together since they say only two courses for inorganic chemistry. Same goes for biology and organic chemistry.

I’m actually planning on reaching out to them tomorrow about that either via email or phone so I’ll post whatever they tell me!

I’m actually planning on reaching out to them tomorrow about that either via email or phone so I’ll post whatever they tell me!
Reached out via email. They said just make sure you click the "Lab?" button for the courses associated with labs. I grouped my lectures and labs together to meet the specified number of course needed. This worked for me.

OOS, I received a secondary on 7/17 2:00 A.M. Didn't realize until I checked my spam e-mails. Submitted primary on 6/15.

question - I just realized (as I was doing the courses section of this secondary) that almost all of my course numbers on AMCAS were not added (I'm actually like having a psychotic break because I swear I distinctly remember adding them, but only courses from my final semester have them added for whatever reason). Anyway, I realize that's going to be problematic for schools like these that use the Course codes to check prereqs. Unfortunately, per AMCAS resource document, editing course numbers is not something they take academic change requests for. Would my best mode of recourse probably be to contact schools that set their prereqs up like this, so at least they can match the numbers I'm inputting to the correct courses on my AMCAS? I'd hate for such a stupid error to jeopardize my chances

Hello, to confirm, this year, all of the prompts are required, correct?

Hello, to confirm, this year, all of the prompts are required, correct?
You do have to answer the what area of medicine do you see yourself in and if you’re doing a gap year then what you’re doing in that time

Along with the 4 required essays

There’s also an optional “anything else” essay

You do have to answer the what area of medicine do you see yourself in and if you’re doing a gap year then what you’re doing in that time

Along with the 4 required essays

There’s also an optional “anything else” essay
Thank you very much!

In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, what adjustments would you see as necessary and beneficial to the delivery of health care? (150 words)

For this prompt is it asking in a healthcare policy way or in an individual "what could a physician do" kind of way? Not sure which way I should take this, although I'm leaning towards a more policy-based answer (if that would fit).

For this prompt is it asking in a healthcare policy way or in an individual "what could a physician do" kind of way? Not sure which way I should take this, although I'm leaning towards a more policy-based answer (if that would fit).
I think you could go either direction! I'd do whichever answer you can elaborate on concisely. I talked about policy.

I think you could go either direction! I'd do whichever answer you can elaborate on concisely. I talked about policy.

Awesome. I think I'm going to take a health policy stance on the question.

OK so I am going out of my mind because this secondary is done ready to submit and it wont accept my courses. It just keeps saying this section is incomplete but I definitely filled all the junk out. Really do not feel like emailing them about this issue and it does seem like a lot of portals are having similar glitches

OK so I am going out of my mind because this secondary is done ready to submit and it wont accept my courses. It just keeps saying this section is incomplete but I definitely filled all the junk out. Really do not feel like emailing them about this issue and it does seem like a lot of portals are having similar glitches

Only add 1 course for Organic Chemistry and make sure Lab is ticked for the appropriate courses. It should work

Only add 1 course for Organic Chemistry
I needed two classes for this because it said with lab but I was desperate so I decided to try this and delete the lab. That did not work either but then when I readded the lab it worked and was able to submit. Thanks.

for the area of medicine question are you guys being specific about speciality? I thought that was a no no for med school applications...then again not sure how else to answer it lol

for the area of medicine question are you guys being specific about speciality? I thought that was a no no for med school applications...then again not sure how else to answer it lol

I'm not talking about specialty per se. I'm saying that I see myself teaching others and connecting that back to my past experiences. I have no idea if that's what they are looking for though.

For the questions that say (150 words), is this a limit or a max? I obviously know the prompts that say (150 limit) are the limit just unsure about the others.

I explicitly said I wasn't attached to a particular specialty and that I knew there would be a lot of learn about each specialty during med school, but like the other poster said I did mention that I envision my career involving certain interests (teaching and leadership, in my case).

Does anyone know the best way to contact/email admissions? Unfortunately I just found out that my primary does not include course numbers (NO idea how they were omitted since I swear I vividly remember adding them). AMCAS has verified my app without them and will not adjust them through academic change requests. I assume this won't be a problem at most schools (got IIs last year where I apparently also didn't have them--just learned about this multi-cycle issue yesterday lmfao), but for Quinnipiac they have you enter your prereqs by course code only, and I anticipate this being a potential problem as they would be unable to match up the course codes I entered with what is on my AMCAS.

I was considering just attaching an update already with the prereqs I selected and their associated course codes, but wanted to run it by admissions to ensure that was a good avenue through which to make these changes. Would hate to have such a silly transcriptional error hurt my chances at a school I really love. Appreciate any advice/best email to contact, thanks!

Does anyone know the best way to contact/email admissions? Unfortunately I just found out that my primary does not include course numbers (NO idea how they were omitted since I swear I vividly remember adding them). AMCAS has verified my app without them and will not adjust them through academic change requests. I assume this won't be a problem at most schools (got IIs last year where I apparently also didn't have them--just learned about this multi-cycle issue yesterday lmfao), but for Quinnipiac they have you enter your prereqs by course code only, and I anticipate this being a potential problem as they would be unable to match up the course codes I entered with what is on my AMCAS.

I was considering just attaching an update already with the prereqs I selected and their associated course codes, but wanted to run it by admissions to ensure that was a good avenue through which to make these changes. Would hate to have such a silly transcriptional error hurt my chances at a school I really love. Appreciate any advice/best email to contact, thanks!

Email has worked for me when I used that method so I’d say go for that! They’ll def let you know how to approach that course code dilemma