2013-2014 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
0.8 page for 1st prompt, about 5 sentences for the second one, I am fairly certain they don't want a heap of BS for an answer.

Members don't see this ad.

Surprisingly painless application.

Hey guys reapp here. OOS, NJ resident. didn't submit secondary last cycle. 3.68 cGPA, 3.51 sGPA, 29S MCAT. Good ECs. Do I apply?? (or reapply I suppose).

Class profile says yes... but I'm not sure. Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
submitted

i harvested bits and pieces from other essays and created a frankenstein of an essay but i think itll work

only had half a page for the second response

oh well

Finally finished those beasts they call essays and submitted! This looks like a great school! Good luck everyone!

Hit a wall with this secondary, I went ahead and did three other secondaries came back to this one still stuck. When they make a secondary and recommend, recommend from a school is pretty much mandatory, a page long that's just inviting me to eventually put bs in my app. #1 is manageable but #2 is a are u kidding me question. We aren't even physicians yet how the hell should I know their role in such a specific position.

sorry in advance for the dumb question, but I'm writing the essay about fitting in to their "admissions vision." Just to be clear-- the vision is: To achieve national recognition as the premier interprofessional health sciences University.

Right? I just ask because its not specific to the actual medical school or to "admissions." I'm not sure why they would write "admissions vision" and not just "vision."

Probably overthinking this.

Just got complete. They're quick! :thumbup:

sorry in advance for the dumb question, but I'm writing the essay about fitting in to their "admissions vision." Just to be clear-- the vision is: To achieve national recognition as the premier interprofessional health sciences University.

Right? I just ask because its not specific to the actual medical school or to "admissions." I'm not sure why they would write "admissions vision" and not just "vision."

Probably overthinking this.
In the application, if you scroll over the question, this pops up to the side:

Vision: Matriculate individuals to CMS who become physicians serving diverse populations globally and locally, addressing issues of health inequities through interprofessional teams.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Does anyone know how we are supposed to check our application status here? Whenever I load the secondary page it just brings me to a new non-filled out secondary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how we are supposed to check our application status here? Whenever I load the secondary page it just brings me to a new non-filled out secondary.
I think the confirmation email is the only way to know you are complete. I presume, they will also notify you via email when you are small pooled and then invited for an interview.

From the secondary invite email:
"When your application is complete with all materials above, you will receive email confirmation from us. "

And yes, that was my first post, so hello everyone and good luck with this application cycle :).

I think the confirmation email is the only way to know you are complete. I presume, they will also notify you via email when you are small pooled and then invited for an interview.

From the secondary invite email:
"When your application is complete with all materials above, you will receive email confirmation from us. "

I submitted the secondary a week ago, but still incomplete for some strange reason. AMCAS had my letters for over two weeks now. I e-mailed them to see what's up a few days ago, but no reply so far.

How heavily do they screen for secondaries? 2.9/3.2/34Q IS applicant here, haven't received anything. can't say I'm shocked, I guess.

How heavily do they screen for secondaries? 2.9/3.2/34Q IS applicant here, haven't received anything. can't say I'm shocked, I guess.
They don't screen.

The MSAR is your friend! Check under the "Application Deadlines and Requirements" tab for each school. It will tell you which ones screen and which don't.

I just got an email saying that my application has entered "primary screening."

Same here. Complete and primary screening.

Hi guys im just looking at the secondary application, this may seem like a stupid question but can anyone help me explain what the "interprofessionalism" means in the second essay question...?

Hi guys im just looking at the secondary application, this may seem like a stupid question but can anyone help me explain what the "interprofessionalism" means in the second essay question...?

Look at their website.

Hey guys reapp here. OOS, NJ resident. didn't submit secondary last cycle. 3.68 cGPA, 3.51 sGPA, 29S MCAT. Good ECs. Do I apply?? (or reapply I suppose).

Class profile says yes... but I'm not sure. Thank you

You should give it a try! You never know what happens unless you apply.

Hit a wall with this secondary, I went ahead and did three other secondaries came back to this one still stuck. When they make a secondary and recommend, recommend from a school is pretty much mandatory, a page long that's just inviting me to eventually put bs in my app. #1 is manageable but #2 is a are u kidding me question. We aren't even physicians yet how the hell should I know their role in such a specific position.

I tried to think of it as, "Have you shadowed or worked with a physician who exemplified his role in interprofessional teams?" Maybe an easy example would be ER doctors working with PAs and triage nurses?

Interprofessional collaboration is "a partnership between a team of health providers and a client in a participatory collaborative and coordinated approach to shared decision making around health and social issues"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3081249/

Paper talking about RFU's education model, among other schools.

Did you guys more talk about how your experiences will lead you to help diverse patients or how you are fit to work in an interprofessional team?

Hey guys I havent received a secondary yet but Im hoping to prewrite my essay so that I can get my secondary in ASAP. I saw in the earlier posts what the secondary questions are:

1) Describe your unique characteristics, a significant difficulty you have overcome or a major accomplishment you have achieved that will help to shape you into a physician who will pursue the CMS Admissions Vision. *
2) How do you envision the physician role within interprofessional health care teams? *

But can anyone tell me what the stars are referring to? and what exactly is this "admissions vision"??

Thanks!

Hey guys I havent received a secondary yet but Im hoping to prewrite my essay so that I can get my secondary in ASAP. I saw in the earlier posts what the secondary questions are:

1) Describe your unique characteristics, a significant difficulty you have overcome or a major accomplishment you have achieved that will help to shape you into a physician who will pursue the CMS Admissions Vision. *
2) How do you envision the physician role within interprofessional health care teams? *

But can anyone tell me what the stars are referring to? and what exactly is this "admissions vision"??

Thanks!

The admissions vision is explained right next to the prompt. Scroll over the star and it should appear.

Edit: I didn't even realize that you didn't have the secondary yet. The vision is: "Matriculate individuals to CMS who become physicians serving diverse populations globally and locally, addressing issues of health inequities through interprofessional teams."

I STILL haven't done this secondary. I think I'm going to withdraw my application, because I just don't have the juice to write two pages and I'm complete at like 24 other schools. :shrug: Good luck everyone!

What does it mean to small pool? How does that process work?

What does it mean to small pool? How does that process work?
Basically, they first select applicants they like and might invite for an interview - that's the the small pool. Then they choose the applicants they would like to see in person from this small pool and invite them to visit the glorious city of North Chicago (jk, it's just a nice suburb :)). Unfortunately, I do not know what percentage of applicants gets into the small pool, and how many are granted interviews from that small pool. Maybe someone else knows this and can chime in?

Hope this helps :).

Oh mayn! So do we get notified that we didn't make the small pool?

I have no idea. Maybe look through the last year's thread? I do not think they reject so early in the cycle though.

Ugh I do not wanna do this secondary lol, I prewrote and edited with writing lab and everything and it all changed!

Ugh I do not wanna do this secondary lol, I prewrote and edited with writing lab and everything and it all changed!

The changes are not vastly different to last years essays.

Lol im in ur exact same situation. I have completed 23 secondaries, not including this one, out of the 27 school i applied too.

I STILL haven't done this secondary. I think I'm going to withdraw my application, because I just don't have the juice to write two pages and I'm complete at like 24 other schools. :shrug: Good luck everyone!

Must....keep....writing....

I'm losing steam guys. I've saved this secondary till the end and I can't do it. Give me some motivation.

I'm losing steam guys. I've saved this secondary till the end and I can't do it. Give me some motivation.
Just think about the fact that you will be free from secondary-writing after you finish this one. You're almost at the finish line, you won't give up just before reaching the end, right?

If the motivational "coach talk" did not work, just promise yourself to do something really fun once you finish this last secondary :).

Yes you will receive an email if you get small-pooled. If you aren't small-pooled you will not receive another email until the rejection emails are given out.

I quit lol- I pre-wrote these secondaries and had them edited by writing center and everything so they changed it. Don't have it in me 2 write 2 1 page essays. I added two easy secondary schools in its place :p

I quit lol- I pre-wrote these secondaries and had them edited by writing center and everything so they changed it. Don't have it in me 2 write 2 1 page essays. I added two easy secondary schools in its place :p

Fight on!

I submitted the secondary a week ago and still have not received a complete email… is this normal?

I submitted this secondary yesterday, but now I feel as though I didn't answer the prompts properly. I talked about how I would work with diverse patients in the 1st essay. The 2nd essay just felt so broad, but I don't know if I approached it properly. Oh well, got about 5 more left so no time to worry.