You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hit a wall with this secondary, I went ahead and did three other secondaries came back to this one still stuck. When they make a secondary and recommend, recommend from a school is pretty much mandatory, a page long that's just inviting me to eventually put bs in my app. #1 is manageable but #2 is a are u kidding me question. We aren't even physicians yet how the hell should I know their role in such a specific position.
still waiting on this secondary 🙁
still waiting on this secondary 🙁
+1
sorry in advance for the dumb question, but I'm writing the essay about fitting in to their "admissions vision." Just to be clear-- the vision is: To achieve national recognition as the premier interprofessional health sciences University.
Right? I just ask because its not specific to the actual medical school or to "admissions." I'm not sure why they would write "admissions vision" and not just "vision."
Probably overthinking this.
Right? I just ask because its not specific to the actual medical school or to "admissions." I'm not sure why they would write "admissions vision" and not just "vision."
Probably overthinking this.
In the application, if you scroll over the question, this pops up to the side:sorry in advance for the dumb question, but I'm writing the essay about fitting in to their "admissions vision." Just to be clear-- the vision is: To achieve national recognition as the premier interprofessional health sciences University.
Right? I just ask because its not specific to the actual medical school or to "admissions." I'm not sure why they would write "admissions vision" and not just "vision."
Probably overthinking this.
Vision: Matriculate individuals to CMS who become physicians serving diverse populations globally and locally, addressing issues of health inequities through interprofessional teams.
Hope this helps, good luck!
Complete email earlier today
I think the confirmation email is the only way to know you are complete. I presume, they will also notify you via email when you are small pooled and then invited for an interview.Does anyone know how we are supposed to check our application status here? Whenever I load the secondary page it just brings me to a new non-filled out secondary.
From the secondary invite email:
"When your application is complete with all materials above, you will receive email confirmation from us. "
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think the confirmation email is the only way to know you are complete. I presume, they will also notify you via email when you are small pooled and then invited for an interview.
From the secondary invite email:
"When your application is complete with all materials above, you will receive email confirmation from us. "
I submitted the secondary a week ago, but still incomplete for some strange reason. AMCAS had my letters for over two weeks now. I e-mailed them to see what's up a few days ago, but no reply so far.
How heavily do they screen for secondaries? 2.9/3.2/34Q IS applicant here, haven't received anything. can't say I'm shocked, I guess.
They don't screen.How heavily do they screen for secondaries? 2.9/3.2/34Q IS applicant here, haven't received anything. can't say I'm shocked, I guess.
The MSAR is your friend! Check under the "Application Deadlines and Requirements" tab for each school. It will tell you which ones screen and which don't.
Complete and in primary screening.
complete and in primary screening.
+1
Hi guys im just looking at the secondary application, this may seem like a stupid question but can anyone help me explain what the "interprofessionalism" means in the second essay question...?
Look at their website.
Hey guys reapp here. OOS, NJ resident. didn't submit secondary last cycle. 3.68 cGPA, 3.51 sGPA, 29S MCAT. Good ECs. Do I apply?? (or reapply I suppose).
Class profile says yes... but I'm not sure. Thank you
You should give it a try! You never know what happens unless you apply.
Hit a wall with this secondary, I went ahead and did three other secondaries came back to this one still stuck. When they make a secondary and recommend, recommend from a school is pretty much mandatory, a page long that's just inviting me to eventually put bs in my app. #1 is manageable but #2 is a are u kidding me question. We aren't even physicians yet how the hell should I know their role in such a specific position.
I tried to think of it as, "Have you shadowed or worked with a physician who exemplified his role in interprofessional teams?" Maybe an easy example would be ER doctors working with PAs and triage nurses?
Hi guys im just looking at the secondary application, this may seem like a stupid question but can anyone help me explain what the "interprofessionalism" means in the second essay question...?
Interprofessional collaboration is "a partnership between a team of health providers and a client in a participatory collaborative and coordinated approach to shared decision making around health and social issues"
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3081249/
Paper talking about RFU's education model, among other schools.
Did you guys more talk about how your experiences will lead you to help diverse patients or how you are fit to work in an interprofessional team?
Did you guys more talk about how your experiences will lead you to help diverse patients or how you are fit to work in an interprofessional team?
teamwork baby!
teamwork baby!
Ok good, I was worried I was interpreting the prompt incorrectly
Hey guys I havent received a secondary yet but Im hoping to prewrite my essay so that I can get my secondary in ASAP. I saw in the earlier posts what the secondary questions are:
1) Describe your unique characteristics, a significant difficulty you have overcome or a major accomplishment you have achieved that will help to shape you into a physician who will pursue the CMS Admissions Vision. *
2) How do you envision the physician role within interprofessional health care teams? *
But can anyone tell me what the stars are referring to? and what exactly is this "admissions vision"??
Thanks!
1) Describe your unique characteristics, a significant difficulty you have overcome or a major accomplishment you have achieved that will help to shape you into a physician who will pursue the CMS Admissions Vision. *
2) How do you envision the physician role within interprofessional health care teams? *
But can anyone tell me what the stars are referring to? and what exactly is this "admissions vision"??
Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys I havent received a secondary yet but Im hoping to prewrite my essay so that I can get my secondary in ASAP. I saw in the earlier posts what the secondary questions are:
1) Describe your unique characteristics, a significant difficulty you have overcome or a major accomplishment you have achieved that will help to shape you into a physician who will pursue the CMS Admissions Vision. *
2) How do you envision the physician role within interprofessional health care teams? *
But can anyone tell me what the stars are referring to? and what exactly is this "admissions vision"??
Thanks!
The admissions vision is explained right next to the prompt. Scroll over the star and it should appear.
Edit: I didn't even realize that you didn't have the secondary yet. The vision is: "Matriculate individuals to CMS who become physicians serving diverse populations globally and locally, addressing issues of health inequities through interprofessional teams."
I STILL haven't done this secondary. I think I'm going to withdraw my application, because I just don't have the juice to write two pages and I'm complete at like 24 other schools.
Good luck everyone!
Good luck everyone!They small pool first, I think, and then give out IIs from the small pool.No interview invites yet?
What does it mean to small pool? How does that process work?
Basically, they first select applicants they like and might invite for an interview - that's the the small pool. Then they choose the applicants they would like to see in person from this small pool and invite them to visit the glorious city of North Chicago (jk, it's just a nice suburb 🙂). Unfortunately, I do not know what percentage of applicants gets into the small pool, and how many are granted interviews from that small pool. Maybe someone else knows this and can chime in?What does it mean to small pool? How does that process work?
Hope this helps 🙂.
Oh mayn! So do we get notified that we didn't make the small pool?
I have no idea. Maybe look through the last year's thread? I do not think they reject so early in the cycle though.Oh mayn! So do we get notified that we didn't make the small pool?
Ugh I do not wanna do this secondary lol, I prewrote and edited with writing lab and everything and it all changed!
Ugh I do not wanna do this secondary lol, I prewrote and edited with writing lab and everything and it all changed!
The changes are not vastly different to last years essays.
Lol im in ur exact same situation. I have completed 23 secondaries, not including this one, out of the 27 school i applied too.
I STILL haven't done this secondary. I think I'm going to withdraw my application, because I just don't have the juice to write two pages and I'm complete at like 24 other schools.Good luck everyone!
Just think about the fact that you will be free from secondary-writing after you finish this one. You're almost at the finish line, you won't give up just before reaching the end, right?Must....keep....writing....
I'm losing steam guys. I've saved this secondary till the end and I can't do it. Give me some motivation.
If the motivational "coach talk" did not work, just promise yourself to do something really fun once you finish this last secondary 🙂.
Yes you will receive an email if you get small-pooled. If you aren't small-pooled you will not receive another email until the rejection emails are given out.Oh mayn! So do we get notified that we didn't make the small pool?
Must....keep....writing....
I'm losing steam guys. I've saved this secondary till the end and I can't do it. Give me some motivation.
I quit lol- I pre-wrote these secondaries and had them edited by writing center and everything so they changed it. Don't have it in me 2 write 2 1 page essays. I added two easy secondary schools in its place 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I quit lol- I pre-wrote these secondaries and had them edited by writing center and everything so they changed it. Don't have it in me 2 write 2 1 page essays. I added two easy secondary schools in its place 😛
Fight on!
Good idea! What two other schools did you add?
I submitted the secondary a week ago and still have not received a complete email… is this normal?
I submitted the secondary a week ago and still have not received a complete email is this normal?
Yeah, took a while for mine to come in.
I submitted this secondary yesterday, but now I feel as though I didn't answer the prompts properly. I talked about how I would work with diverse patients in the 1st essay. The 2nd essay just felt so broad, but I don't know if I approached it properly. Oh well, got about 5 more left so no time to worry.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 207K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 287K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 737
- Views
- 227K