You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Still haven't received a secondary.
It makes me happy knowing that other people are sitting on the essays also. I've had it for a week now, just staring at the prompt...
I actually enjoyed the essays. I write more quickly when the prompt is an interesting challenge as opposed to a formulaic "Why X School" prompt.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually enjoyed the essays. I write more quickly when the prompt is an interesting challenge as opposed to a formulaic "Why X School" prompt.
The first prompt basically was a "Why X School" prompt though.
But I agree about the second prompt, when I finally got to thinking about all the health professions and how they make a "team" it wasn't too bad and I wrote a page relatively easily.
still haven't received a secondary.
+1
is the only way to check our application status to call/wait for an email? anyone have any idea when we should start hearing anything?
my insides are churning with anxiety..
my insides are churning with anxiety..
is the only way to check our application status to call/wait for an email? anyone have any idea when we should start hearing anything?
my insides are churning with anxiety..
Me too! I worked really hard on this secondary so I would be ecstatic if I heard any good news..
Just submitted the secondary! This was my last one, it feels good to be finished
Finally submitted this...only took two weeks. The second essay sucked. I don't think mine turned out too great but I decided it was time to just submit it. I think my first essay turned out okay so hopefully that will help.
Last edited:
Is the Chicago Medical School Vision different from their admissions vision?
Chicago Medical School Vision
To be an outstanding community based medical school with excellence & innovation in medical education, scientific discovery and clinical care.
Admissions Vision
Matriculate individuals to CMS who become physicians serving diverse populations globally and locally, addressing issues of health inequities through interprofessional teams.
Chicago Medical School Vision
To be an outstanding community based medical school with excellence & innovation in medical education, scientific discovery and clinical care.
Admissions Vision
Matriculate individuals to CMS who become physicians serving diverse populations globally and locally, addressing issues of health inequities through interprofessional teams.
Is the Chicago Medical School Vision different from their admissions vision?
Chicago Medical School Vision
To be an outstanding community based medical school with excellence & innovation in medical education, scientific discovery and clinical care.
Admissions Vision
Matriculate individuals to CMS who become physicians serving diverse populations globally and locally, addressing issues of health inequities through interprofessional teams.
I assume you are supposed to write about the one that popped up next to the text box.
I assume you are supposed to write about the one that popped up next to the text box.
Haha. You're a radical thinker for sure. I agree.
.
Last edited:
Finally got a secondary today. Was completed 6/13...
I tried to think of it as, "Have you shadowed or worked with a physician who exemplified his role in interprofessional teams?" Maybe an easy example would be ER doctors working with PAs and triage nurses?
This is exactly what I was going to write about. It was honestly the only thing that came to mind since I've spent a lot of time in an ED. however, i was led to think it was between hospitals for some odd reason.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received an email today notifying that my application was complete and under review. It also said "You should hear from our office via email in the next 6-8 weeks regarding a status update."
+1 Got the same e-mail today
+1 Got the same e-mail today
+2, submitted secondary 8/14.
Hi everyone,
Has anyone heard back from CMS? Do you know when they start sending out II?
They're working on it. Be patient. Patient.
Hi everyone,
Has anyone heard back from CMS? Do you know when they start sending out II?
It's early in the process. This school gets a crap ton of applications. Take the opportunity to relax until the end of the summer before invites start rolling in.
Does anyone know how receptive they are to in the area e-mails? I have an interview at Northwestern on September 27th 🙂
Does anyone know how receptive they are to in the area e-mails? I have an interview at Northwestern on September 27th 🙂
Worth a try, but I don't think anyone was successful last year
I just realized it said initials for the submission... This may be a silly question, but will they screen me out if I put my full name instead?
I just realized it said initials for the submission... This may be a silly question, but will they screen me out if I put my full name instead?
I would be shocked if this had any bearing whatsoever (they probably won't even look at it).
I just realized it said initials for the submission... This may be a silly question, but will they screen me out if I put my full name instead?
Only if your name is Mohamed Atta.
I would be shocked if this had any bearing whatsoever (they probably won't even look at it).
Ok, I hope not >.> .. Thanks for the replies.
Does anyone know how receptive they are to in the area e-mails? I have an interview at Northwestern on September 27th 🙂
Send it. If you're going to get an interview here, they may look at it and try to give you a September interview date close to the one you have. MAY. Just be polite and make sure your letter asks for a concession so that you don't sound entitled.
If you're not going to get an interview here, then send them as many letters as you want; it won't change your lot.
I just realized it said initials for the submission... This may be a silly question, but will they screen me out if I put my full name instead?
Stop panicking. Listen to this entire song seven times and come back once you're feeling more calm.
[YOUTUBE]04vX_pMiD6c[/YOUTUBE]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I just got a small pool email. Did anyone else?
I got it too, and that's exactly what it was. One step closer!
I think I just got a small pool email. Did anyone else?
I got it too, and that's exactly what it was. One step closer!
Congrats you two! Completion dates?
I think I just got a small pool email. Did anyone else?
Me as well! 👍
Me as well! 👍
Complete email date?
Congrats you two! Completion dates?
I was complete 8/1 as well.
Complete email date?
Aug. 1st!
I think I got small pooled too.. holy sh**.
Hoping an II will be coming along soon..
Also complete 8/1.
Hoping an II will be coming along soon..

Also complete 8/1.
Those of you small-pooled already, where are you located regionally? No need for specifics, but I'd be interested to see what that looks like as their class profile shows a slight preference for mid-west students..
Those of you small-pooled already, where are you located regionally? No need for specifics, but I'd be interested to see what that looks like as their class profile shows a slight preference for mid-west students..
I'm from the mountain west, although I went to school in the mid west. Not sure if that would have made a difference though.
Small pooled today. Heres hoping for an interview invite soon. Do we know anything about number of people who get small pooled vs number of interviews?
when were you complete?
when were you complete?
8/1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also received an II 🙂 small pooled yesterday too
For those with interviews, did you get a choice of 3 interview dates in mid-late September?
Does anyone know how many people interview each day ?
EDIT: Also, perhaps some med students can share their interview experiences too? 🙂
Does anyone know how many people interview each day ?
EDIT: Also, perhaps some med students can share their interview experiences too? 🙂
Last edited:
For those with interviews, did you get a choice of 3 interview dates in mid-late September?
Does anyone know how many people interview each day ?
EDIT: Also, perhaps some med students can share their interview experiences too? 🙂
Yup! Got a choice of 3 dates. Anybody going to be there on the 16th?
Yup! Got a choice of 3 dates. Anybody going to be there on the 16th?
I opted for the 23rd. The link they provided about travel recommendations has some good hotels and ways of getting to the school - just a heads up
Does anyone know how many they accept? According to MSAR: they interview 632 and 190 matriculate - which is 30% (not bad). But of course, I'm sure they accept way more than 190
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 207K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 287K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 737
- Views
- 227K