You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Small pooled today!
Complete email date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the email saying I was small pooled!!
Complete 8/1 or later?
8/1complete email date?
I was complete on 8/2, so I'm hoping that I'll learn something exciting soon - fingers crossed!!!
I opted for the 23rd. The link they provided about travel recommendations has some good hotels and ways of getting to the school - just a heads up
Does anyone know how many they accept? According to MSAR: they interview 632 and 190 matriculate - which is 30% (not bad). But of course, I'm sure they accept way more than 190
II also! So psyched.
But how did you choose the date? I'm a bit confused.
II also! So psyched.
But how did you choose the date? I'm a bit confused.
I just emailed them back my preference. Kind of weird but yea, no other way to do it
EDIT: thats the way to do it. I just got back my confirmation email
Last edited:
Got rejected today. I have 4 other interviews lined up so far so I'm not super bummed out. Good luck everybody still in the running here!
Got rejected today. I have 4 other interviews lined up so far so I'm not super bummed out. Good luck everybody still in the running here!
Sorry to hear that, but congrats on the other interviews! If you don't mind me asking, were you small-pooled before rejected or was it just a flat-out rejection?
PS I couldn't help notice your username and that on your MD Apps page you're from Idaho. I'm also from Idaho and went to school in St. Louis. It's hard to not become a Cards fan living there.
Sorry to hear that, but congrats on the other interviews! If you don't mind me asking, were you small-pooled before rejected or was it just a flat-out rejection?
PS I couldn't help notice your username and that on your MD Apps page you're from Idaho. I'm also from Idaho and went to school in St. Louis. It's hard to not become a Cards fan living there.
I just got a straight rejection. Yeah I love the cards and am from idaho. Kind of an odd combo but I am glad I have some company in it.
I just emailed them back my preference. Kind of weird but yea, no other way to do it
EDIT: thats the way to do it. I just got back my confirmation email
Yeah, I didn't want to look stupid by asking them, but no where could I find out the information so I just ended up replying back and got confirmed.
Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone that got rejections care to share stats? I have low scores so Im kind of worried...
I'm a low stats, OOS applicant and I got small-pooled so there's hope
I just got a straight rejection. Yeah I love the cards and am from idaho. Kind of an odd combo but I am glad I have some company in it.
What were your stats?
Anyone that got rejections care to share stats? I have low scores so Im kind of worried...
Not be worry.
In all seriousness, you can't control this. Let go of the things you have no control over.
Is anyone here not expecting much action RE: II's this week since it's Labor Day today and the Jewish Holidays begin this week too?
Is anyone here not expecting much action RE: II's this week since it's Labor Day today and the Jewish Holidays begin this week too?
I'm hoping that tomorrow those of us complete 8/2 will start to hear something.
I'm hoping that tomorrow those of us complete 8/2 will start to hear something.
I agree.
Labor Day doesn't matter. It functions the same as a weekend, which never interferes with the subsequent work days. As for the Jewish holiday... I'm not sure it effects enough of the workforce for us to notice a difference.
Essentially, these 4 days should be just as productive as any other Tuesday-Friday.
I agree.
Labor Day doesn't matter. It functions the same as a weekend, which never interferes with the subsequent work days. As for the Jewish holiday... I'm not sure it effects enough of the workforce for us to notice a difference.
Essentially, these 4 days should be just as productive as any other Tuesday-Friday.
Our staff is not especially Jewish. It was just a long weekend.
Continue to be patient; the process isn't predictable.
Our staff is not especially Jewish. It was just a long weekend.
Continue to be patient; the process isn't predictable.
Oh of course. I didn't mean to convey an expectation of speediness. Just business as usual I was hoping!
Hey guys,
just wanted to get some opinions on whether i should complete/pay for secondaries here. I was hoping that my MCAT score would be higher this time, and just got them yesterday and got a 27 🙁
My GPA is about 3.4 so i really wanted a higher MCAT score to balance out the low GPA. i think my extracurriculars are pretty decent with shadowing, research, volunteering, etc. I am non-trad working as an epidemiologist at a health dept. currently (got my MPH last year). Do you guys think i have a chance here at all? Thanks for your input!! 🙂
just wanted to get some opinions on whether i should complete/pay for secondaries here. I was hoping that my MCAT score would be higher this time, and just got them yesterday and got a 27 🙁
My GPA is about 3.4 so i really wanted a higher MCAT score to balance out the low GPA. i think my extracurriculars are pretty decent with shadowing, research, volunteering, etc. I am non-trad working as an epidemiologist at a health dept. currently (got my MPH last year). Do you guys think i have a chance here at all? Thanks for your input!! 🙂
Hey guys,
just wanted to get some opinions on whether i should complete/pay for secondaries here. I was hoping that my MCAT score would be higher this time, and just got them yesterday and got a 27 🙁
My GPA is about 3.4 so i really wanted a higher MCAT score to balance out the low GPA. i think my extracurriculars are pretty decent with shadowing, research, volunteering, etc. I am non-trad working as an epidemiologist at a health dept. currently (got my MPH last year). Do you guys think i have a chance here at all? Thanks for your input!! 🙂
Unless your URM I say you should defer until next cycle. You should state your masters gpa btw so people have a better view of your application.
Hey guys,
just wanted to get some opinions on whether i should complete/pay for secondaries here. I was hoping that my MCAT score would be higher this time, and just got them yesterday and got a 27 🙁
My GPA is about 3.4 so i really wanted a higher MCAT score to balance out the low GPA. i think my extracurriculars are pretty decent with shadowing, research, volunteering, etc. I am non-trad working as an epidemiologist at a health dept. currently (got my MPH last year). Do you guys think i have a chance here at all? Thanks for your input!! 🙂
If you're willing to spend the money, there's no harm in trying, but honestly I think that MCAT score alone will be the kiss of death for you... If you're passionate about going to medical school you might want to think about taking it again or applying DO.
Unless your URM I say you should defer until next cycle. You should state your masters gpa btw so people have a better view of your application.
my mph gpa was a 4.0, but definitely not considered hard science so i'm thinking adcom won't consider it as much as my undergrad gpa.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unless your URM I say you should defer until next cycle. You should state your masters gpa btw so people have a better view of your application.
I'm going to agree with this advice. Apply when you're at your best, and apply early. You know that you can do better, so just wait and enjoy your year off.
Finally submitted- This is one I am the most excited about.
You must be from either Illinois or California. 😉
You must be from either Illinois or California. 😉
How does that work?
You must be from either Illinois or California. 😉
actually, CO
actually, CO
Peyton wrecked my fantasy team this week, Boo Denver.
I imagine it may be because...How does that work?
IL kids live in the state, so they would like to go to RFU.
CA kids would like to just get in somewhere.
This was one beast of a secondary.
I imagine it may be because...
IL kids live in the state, so they would like to go to RFU.
CA kids would like to just get in somewhere.
This was one beast of a secondary.
I pre-wrote, and while the prompts were changed, I felt like a lot of the content was similar enough, so it was more like writing a half an essay the second time around.
I'd love to go here - absolutely love the area it's in - it may not be CHICAGO, but it's a really nice suburb - great place to start a family of bears fans 😀
Peyton wrecked my week too. 7 miserable ajflkajljhkjh.Peyton wrecked my fantasy team this week, Boo Denver.
Peyton wrecked my week too. 7 miserable ajflkajljhkjh.
What's your team name?
Small pooled.
Complete 8/7
OOS, 31, 3.9
+1 also small pooled today!
Small pooled.
Complete 8/7
OOS, 31, 3.9
Did they send a "completed" email after you submitted your secondary?
Did they send a "completed" email after you submitted your secondary?
Yep. I believe they sent it right after I submitted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmmm. I was complete 8/2 but still silence.
+1....wondering if that's a bad sign :/
Interview Invite! It came just a few hours after the small pool email!!!
Posted above but here it is again:
Complete 8/7
OOS, 31, 3.9
Congratulations! I was complete about a week after you and have similar stats.
Anybody complete on 8/8 small pooled?
EDIT: Just kidding… I was complete on the 15th 😉
EDIT: Just kidding… I was complete on the 15th 😉
Last edited:
Congratulations! I was complete about a week after you and have similar stats.
Thank you and I hope you hear good news soon.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 207K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 288K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 737
- Views
- 227K