You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 UCLA/ Drew secondary?
Started by Veee
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Interviewed today and I believe they said because AMCAS was behind this year they still had 2 or 3 interview days left. Don't remember the exact number, but more than the typical "last" one in February.
Hey there, can you tell me how many MMI sessions there were at the interview (I have heard 8-10)? Was the interview open file at any point? And how does the essay work?
Thanks!!!
Interviewed today and I believe they said because AMCAS was behind this year they still had 2 or 3 interview days left. Don't remember the exact number, but more than the typical "last" one in February.
Yeah, there's gonna be a typical Sat interview in Feb followed by some weekday interviews.
That being said, they also said we'll be waiting for quite some time before any post interview notifications. :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey there, can you tell me how many MMI sessions there were at the interview (I have heard 8-10)? Was the interview open file at any point? And how does the essay work?
Thanks!!!
I interviewed a while back, so I don't remember all the details, but I believe that there were 10 MMIs, plus a short traditional interview that was open file. They told us that the essay was not something to worry about- that they basically just want to check that you are literate and that your writing makes sense. Don't stress it at all. It's a very low-stress day.
Got the axe today via snail mail. I was complete around 11/20. Good luck to everyone else.
Sorry to hear that 🙁
Any more IIs going out? I've heard nothing since being complete in October.
Any more IIs going out? I've heard nothing since being complete in October.
Rejected via mail. I'm not a citizen of the usa or permanent resident so not sure if that has played a role in being rejected from schools that I fit so perfectly with based on my mission and experience.
Rejection letter today via mail !!! 🙁
So in creeping on the Geffen thread it seems at least one person has gotten an acceptance. Are we thinking Drew will follow suit soon or has the last interview not happened yet?
The last interview took place either last Saturday or the Saturday before that and they told the people at that interview that they hadn't made any offers yet and they should be starting to make some in ~3 weeks after the last interview 🙂
The last interview took place either last Saturday or the Saturday before that and they told the people at that interview that they hadn't made any offers yet and they should be starting to make some in ~3 weeks after the last interview 🙂
Yeah this is what I heard too. So. Much. Waiting. :-/
The last interview took place either last Saturday or the Saturday before that and they told the people at that interview that they hadn't made any offers yet and they should be starting to make some in ~3 weeks after the last interview 🙂
(Sorry if my bringing this post back to the front page got anyone excited for no reason 😛) So for those of you who have interviewed what were your thoughts as a whole on the program/interview day? I interviewed back in October which feels like forever ago so getting some other opinions would be a good refresher haha
(Sorry if my bringing this post back to the front page got anyone excited for no reason 😛) So for those of you who have interviewed what were your thoughts as a whole on the program/interview day? I interviewed back in October which feels like forever ago so getting some other opinions would be a good refresher haha
I just remember the staff being very nice. It was my first med school interview ever so I was nervous. But overall, I really loved the program and the family feeling I got from the students/faculty. I interviewed in January.
I remember there being (what seemed like) a lot of non traditional students so I'm not sure if still being in college made me seem "too young" in comparison. I think I was one of maybe 3 or 4 students who were still in school so that makes me a little nervousI just remember the staff being very nice. It was my first med school interview ever so I was nervous. But overall, I really loved the program and the family feeling I got from the students/faculty. I interviewed in January.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I remember there being (what seemed like) a lot of non traditional students so I'm not sure if still being in college made me seem "too young" in comparison. I think I was one of maybe 3 or 4 students who were still in school so that makes me a little nervous
I thought I was the oldest guy there. A lot of the people there were recent college grads or in college. But I guess it's just different for every session.
(Sorry if my bringing this post back to the front page got anyone excited for no reason 😛) So for those of you who have interviewed what were your thoughts as a whole on the program/interview day? I interviewed back in October which feels like forever ago so getting some other opinions would be a good refresher haha
I interviewed in Jan and really enjoyed my time there. I feel like the whole "family" aspect of Drew is permeated throughout the whole interview day. The other applicants were really great too and came from all different backgrounds (those still in school, in grad programs, out of school for a while like myself) and all seemed like they'd make great classmates. I just wish they'd hurry up and start making decisions though, the wait is killing me.
Yeah everyone was super nice & friendly! Having a decision would certainly be nice haha. I'm curious as to how it works at schools that are non rolling. Do we all get some sort of ranking or points and they decide at the end? Do they meet in between interviews? ahh I just want to know already!I interviewed in Jan and really enjoyed my time there. I feel like the whole "family" aspect of Drew is permeated throughout the whole interview day. The other applicants were really great too and came from all different backgrounds (those still in school, in grad programs, out of school for a while like myself) and all seemed like they'd make great classmates. I just wish they'd hurry up and start making decisions though, the wait is killing me.
So should I consider it game over if I still haven't received a secondary .... No email at all
They're done interviewing so I would say yes. Sorry.
I remember there being (what seemed like) a lot of non traditional students so I'm not sure if still being in college made me seem "too young" in comparison. I think I was one of maybe 3 or 4 students who were still in school so that makes me a little nervous
I think because we were the first interview we may have had more of the non-trads because they are often earlier applicants than some other trad students (years to plan obviously lol). Still mad I didn't figure out who you were -- too many people there! lol
I think because we were the first interview we may have had more of the non-trads because they are often earlier applicants than some other trad students (years to plan obviously lol). Still mad I didn't figure out who you were -- too many people there! lol
I had a guess to who you were (could be completely wrong haha) but I don't think we were in the same group 😛
I emailed Joseph Corrao and he said it could take up to 3-4 more weeks from today at the very least.
Overall, my impression on the school is that the faculty really cares and wants the best for the students. I actually had a lot of fun time during the entire process and the MMI was super chill and relaxed.
PS....why isn't there a more official Charles Drew University 2013-2014 thread?
Overall, my impression on the school is that the faculty really cares and wants the best for the students. I actually had a lot of fun time during the entire process and the MMI was super chill and relaxed.
PS....why isn't there a more official Charles Drew University 2013-2014 thread?
Maybe someone can edit the title of the thread to be the Charles Drew University 2013-2014 thread.
And 3-4 weeks? Ugh why must we wait so long. Such wait. much nervous.
And 3-4 weeks? Ugh why must we wait so long. Such wait. much nervous.
Well they said they had a record number of applicants this year, something like over 2000 applications. My guess is they just finished interviewing everyone and are deciding if another batch of interviews is needed. I already sent in my letter of interest and hoping for the best. Love the school/program/mission.
Maybe someone can edit the title of the thread to be the Charles Drew University 2013-2014 thread.
And 3-4 weeks? Ugh why must we wait so long. Such wait. much nervous.
Thinking the same thing. 3-4 weeks seems like forever at this point.
especially when deposits for schools now have to be submitted within 14 daysThinking the same thing. 3-4 weeks seems like forever at this point.
I'm officially jealous lolI know it's a little late but a friend of mine got the acceptance call from Drew around Feb 26th. I think she interviewed in November and Joseph Corrao told her she was one of the first students to get called.
I know it's a little late but a friend of mine got the acceptance call from Drew around Feb 26th. I think she interviewed in November and Joseph Corrao told her she was one of the first students to get called.
Funny I just got off the phone with him yesterday and it didn't seem like much movement at all was happening cause UCLA was very behind on stuff.
Funny I just got off the phone with him yesterday and it didn't seem like much movement at all was happening cause UCLA was very behind on stuff.
Maybe we're being trolled 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm more inclined to believe this.Maybe we're being trolled 😉
Either way, I think its time to send a massive update / love letter / pls accept me letter to Drew
Maybe we're being trolled 😉
I have absolutely no benefit from lying about this, what could I possibly get out of it? I'm just sharing the facts here and the fact is my friend, who sounded super excited and already has multiple acceptances from other top notch schools, was accepted from Drew 2 weeks ago.
We know buddy, I think most of us have been anxiously waiting for months now (much like your friend) and we would just like to hear some news or updates about where we are.I have absolutely no benefit from lying about this, what could I possibly get out of it? I'm just sharing the facts here and the fact is my friend, who sounded super excited and already has multiple acceptances from other top notch schools, was accepted from Drew 2 weeks ago.
I have absolutely no benefit from lying about this, what could I possibly get out of it? I'm just sharing the facts here and the fact is my friend, who sounded super excited and already has multiple acceptances from other top notch schools, was accepted from Drew 2 weeks ago.
lol I believe you bro. No worries. The real question is what does any troll benefit from trolling other than a power trip?
But for real - I believe you. I thought it would be very weird for them to wait until mid-march to make all of their acceptances when UCLA second look is April 2nd. They need to get em out soon.
Whoa, I guess I came off as defensive haha. No but it sucks that the rest of us haven't heard back yet. I interviewed early January, when did you guys interview?
@omgitsang and I were both in the first round back in October....seems like forever ago now with 0 correspondence. kinda weird
Mine was February, not nearly as long as you guys haha 😉 Still feels like forever though...
Also a Jan interviewer but UCLA in general has been super slow with everything this year. We're in for a wait guys.
When the class size is only 24 saying its half filled doesn't instill a lot of confidenceSpoke to admissions yest. They said half the class was filled. Still spots remaining!
and none of those people seem to be on sdn! hahaWhen the class size is only 24 saying its half filled doesn't instill a lot of confidence![]()
Agh lame...anyone know approx how much off the waitlist they go?
If that's the case then things aren't looking good for @ChemEngMD and I haha.I wonder if they're going by the order of who interviewed first because if it is then that info would be helpful. Idk how I feel about 12 spots remaining.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder what day they're calling to inform people so I wouldn't worry the whole week.
Haha didn't mean to worry you just that reviewing all apps before deciding seems really difficult.
If that's the case then things aren't looking good for @ChemEngMD and I haha.
Haha didn't mean to worry you just that reviewing all apps before deciding seems really difficult.
I wonder what day they're calling to inform people so I wouldn't worry the whole week.
Haha didn't mean to worry you just that reviewing all apps before deciding seems really difficult.
I hear you! I never quite understood how schools that wait to give decisions months after interviews keep people who interviewed early fresh in their minds. I'm sure there's some sort of system but if I had a choice, I probably would have preferred to interview later.
any other news folks?
CONGRATS! THIS IS AMAZING TO HEARHey all,
I just received the call from UCLA/DREW!!! I was told that the class is not full. Stay positive everyone!