2013-2014 University of California - Los Angeles (Geffen) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah mang! Thanks pDeluxe! Looks like I picked up your withdrawal :p!

@Cinabonchik. Whelp, yeah that's me

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
i called to check the status today and i was informed that class is full. after i gave my amcas id, the tone of the staff member seemed as if it's most likely a rejection for me. anyways it was nice sticking with you guys till the very end, i wish you all the best of luck at your schools or if you are reapplying.

Congrats @VanillaDLite

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
letter sent 7/3....
right after the call i made, i got the same "Letter Sent" haha well at least we got some closure.

EDIT: i'm going to be a reapplicant if that helps anyone else out there, who is in the same boat as me. more power to us!

Thanks everyone! TBH I didn't really expect anything at this point and just wanted closure. It probably won't be reassuring coming from me, but at least we all got closures right? Best of luck to everyone wherever they may end up!

letter sent 7/3....
right after the call i made, i got the same "Letter Sent" haha well at least we got some closure.

EDIT: i'm going to be a reapplicant if that helps anyone else out there, who is in the same boat as me. more power to us!

I called and was told that I am officially on the waitlist, so I imagine that's true for all of us! Though I guess nothing is certain with Geffen until we actually have the waitlist offers in our hands :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 users
I called and was told that I am officially on the waitlist, so I imagine that's true for all of us! Though I guess nothing is certain with Geffen until we actually have the waitlist offers in our hands :rolleyes:

Who knows how many people are on this waitlist...how do you make people wait til 30 days before classes start to tell them theyre on a waitlist the size of the entire class itself LOL.

Who knows how many people are on this waitlist...how do you make people wait til 30 days before classes start to tell them theyre on a waitlist the size of the entire class itself LOL.

I take it you got the status change too then :D. Yeah, I guess one of the worst case scenarios for schools is that they can't fill their class. UCLA probably has to make their waitlist fairly large because at this point I'd imagine for every new spot they have they will go through a couple of people before they find someone who will take it. Most sane people have moved on with their lives, signed leases, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
I take it you got the status change too then :D. Yeah, I guess one of the worst case scenarios for schools is that they can't fill their class. UCLA probably has to make their waitlist fairly large because at this point I'd imagine for every new spot they have they will go through a couple of people before they find someone who will take it. Most sane people have moved on with their lives, signed leases, etc.

Haha yeah I got my letter sent at some point today, I think I'm moving on too the difference between my current acceptance and UCLA is only one of location preference. Time to start looking for an apartment.. :p

Still statusless over here :( Wonder if that means rejection at this point?

Traveling in Europe right now but checked sdn and then checked my status and it's says letter sent now. Guess my parents will let me know what the letter says. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Traveling in Europe right now but checked sdn and then checked my status and it's says letter sent now. Guess my parents will let me know what the letter says. Good luck to everyone!
Enjoy that traveling.

Called early today, because I am still statusless. They told me that I am waitlisted and that waitlist letters are going out today. They said there will be "more than a hundred" applicants on the waitlist.

Called early today, because I am still statusless. They told me that I am waitlisted and that waitlist letters are going out today. They said there will be "more than a hundred" applicants on the waitlist.

i am waitlisted as well but my letter said sent 7/3 and status updated then... i wonder why they sent two batches of WL?

Geez louise! More than one hundred! I can't imagine more than ten spots will move between now and August!

i am waitlisted as well but my letter said sent 7/3 and status updated then... i wonder why they sent two batches of WL?

Maybe they just split up applicants between two admission committee meetings. Alternatively, last year it looks like there were two waitlist statuses: waitlist and hold. Perhaps decisions for these statuses were made on different days.

Edit: per last year's thread
I asked the difference, and she said hold is second to the primary waitlist, which according to her already has about 100 people....she said that everyone on the primary list will be gone through first before even considering those on hold...

Last edited:
Got my letter in the mail here on the east coast (sent 7/3) it is the waitlist without ranking one. No hold at least :-\

Hi Everyone,

just wanted to let people know my friend got a phone call today with an admission offer. She's deciding between another school since UCLA sprung this on her late in the game. I guess they are calling people now!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Everyone,

just wanted to let people know my friend got a phone call today with an admission offer. She's deciding between another school since UCLA sprung this on her late in the game. I guess they are calling people now!
ooooh! congrats to your friend! not that it matters but.....when was your friend waitlisted?

Just got back from a camping trip to a snail-mail letter from Geffen with "wait list without ranking" postmarked July 3

Withdrew from the waitlist without ranking last week. Despite the long admissions process here, I still love this school/institution. Can't really complain since I got into my next top choice and got a really good financial aid package from them. Congrats to the incoming class of 2018 here and maybe I'll be back for residency!

Withdrew from the waitlist without ranking last week. Despite the long admissions process here, I still love this school/institution. Can't really complain since I got into my next top choice and got a really good financial aid package from them. Congrats to the incoming class of 2018 here and maybe I'll be back for residency!

Sorry to hear that and wish you could have heard better news but good luck to you!

Looking forward to meeting the new class at orientation!

How long does it take to get a secondary from UCLA?
This depends on a number of factors. If you re currently applying then you might want to check out this years application cycle thread.