2013-2014 University of California - San Francisco Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for people that got ii, did you guys get an email that says "status change"? Or does the email say interview invite?

Just want to be prepared hah

also, just wanted to say not to be too alarmed about the manner in which the ii is given. The ii is given through an email titled, "ucsf school of medicine status update" and the email content just said that my application status had been changed and to log in to find out more. I totally thought i was getting the pdf rejection letter. So just because the email doesn't say anything about an ii, don't assume it must be a rejection. Just want to save y'all from unnecessary worry!

:p

Members don't see this ad.

II today! I was nervous because they didn't state it on the email and I was instructed to check my status on the portal instead. My stats are in-state, 39, and 3.9. I was complete 8/12. Good luck to everyone and do not lose hope!

To those who received interview invites, how many interview dates and spots were available? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
So what do people mean when they say complete in this thread? I'm a little confused. It seems like some meant "UCSF got my AMCAS app" and some meant "I competed my secondary". :confused:

Primary received: 8/6. Haven't heard anything since. super worried.

So what do people mean when they say complete in this thread? I'm a little confused. It seems like some meant "UCSF got my AMCAS app" and some meant "I competed my secondary". :confused:

Primary received: 8/6. Haven't heard anything since. super worried.

UCSF sends you two separate emails that say: 1. that they have received your AMCAS app 2. another email inviting you to complete a secondary if you pass their screen

I think most people use "complete" to mean that their entire file is complete-- LORs received + secondary sent...

II this morning! Did NOT expect a response this quick.

Complete 7/31

When should one be worried about not receiving an II? I read above that some of the slots are already full, will more slots appear as the admissions process continues?

When should one be worried about not receiving an II? I read above that some of the slots are already full, will more slots appear as the admissions process continues?

I would start to worry around New Years.

Any of these interviews for OOS and/or JMP interviews?

Any of these interviews for OOS and/or JMP interviews?

I quickly went through the 2012-2013 thread and it didn't seem that interviews for OOS went out until at least october, maybe november. But then again, people may just not have reported it on SDN til then.

I quickly went through the 2012-2013 thread and it didn't seem that interviews for OOS went out until at least october, maybe november. But then again, people may just not have reported it on SDN til then.

Thank you. I heard JMPs are later too. Guess it will be a waiting game.

Members don't see this ad :)

wow. guess i'll be off this thread for a while ;) good luck In-Staters!

Got an email to check status..but the pdf on status page is broken, I can't view it. This is pre-secondary so most likely a rejection.

I received an update on my status page, but I have never set one up. I never reiceved a secondary. When I try to retrieve a password, I am given a blank email. What's going on!??

has anyone who got the status update email today spoken with admissions regarding the technical problem?

any post-secondary rejections out there?

I received an update on my status page, but I have never set one up. I never reiceved a secondary. When I try to retrieve a password, I am given a blank email. What's going on!??

Donno, it's def broken though. Did you neverset up an account when they received your primary?

has anyone who got the status update email today spoken with admissions regarding the technical problem?

I assume they are closed now..

A friend and I just got the status update email. We both submitted secondaries a while ago. The link is broken =_=. I'm guessing it's a rejection (because it's just a pdf link and there are no other functions available to us on the application sight).

I think it's too late to call admissions today.

A friend and I just got the status update email. We both submitted secondaries a while ago. The link is broken =_=. I'm guessing it's a rejection (because it's just a pdf link and there are no other functions available to us on the application sight).

I think it's too late to call admissions today.

I am pre-secondary..so probably safe to assume rejections for all.

error msg:

"The permissions granted to user 'SOM\SOMVS035$' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)"

I am pre-secondary..so probably safe to assume rejections for all.

Yep, why else would they send a batch like this at once to people who are both pre and post secondary? (I still have a faint and unrealistic glimmer of hope though :p)

I got a post secondary rejection yesterday. Really dissapointed, this school was my first choice and I had good ties to it

Post-secondary rejection here too last night. Complete 7-15

Still can't open the pdf..has anyone been able to open it if they got it yesterday?

Yup also got the rejection PDF last night. Have to say I'm really not that surprised as my gpa isn't that great and I have no research. Was actually really surprised to even get a secondary.

Has anybody who is NOT a CA resident gotten rejected post-secondary yet?

Has anybody who is NOT a CA resident gotten rejected post-secondary yet?

It seems they are handling all of the in-state interviews and rejections first. I don't think us out of staters are going to hear one way or another for another month or two.

Anyone completed secondary late-july got a post-secondary rejection?

Confirmation email: 7/24

No secondary/rejection. Anyone in the same boat?

Did anyone else get a status update via email about 15m ago but now cannot connect to the website? I'm OOS. Hopefully not a bad omen :(

Did anyone else get a status update via email about 15m ago but now cannot connect to the website? I'm OOS. Hopefully not a bad omen :(
The status page is totally down, I just checked. (I didn't get a status update, just wanted to check if it was down for everyone!) Not a bad omen!

Did yall get secondaries?

+1, can't check status either. But also, didn't receive an update email as others have said (received confirmation 7/25, no secondary received yet, OOS).

Did yall get secondaries?

Yes. Good stats, OOS. I feel like if this many people are accessing simultaneously it's probably the result that's more numerically likely independent of everything else (rejection). Wish the website was better.