2013-2014 University of California - San Francisco Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
rejected pre-secondary. 3.75/39, but i'm also international. been complete since 7/12.

Also rejected pre-secondary. Not down with the status change email to find a pdf rejection.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those who got rejections, when was your primary verified? I got verified 8/5 and I just checked my status and no rejection but no secondary...

I just wish they would say something..

Those who got rejections, when was your primary verified? I got verified 8/5 and I just checked my status and no rejection but no secondary...

I just wish they would say something..

Mine was verified 7/18.

As messed up as it is I think that all of the rejections coming out this week are the signal that the first IIs are going to come out here either tomorrow or next week...I know people were predicting tomorrow being the day and it seems like that may be true.

:xf:

As messed up as it is I think that all of the rejections coming out this week are the signal that the first IIs are going to come out here either tomorrow or next week...I know people were predicting tomorrow being the day and it seems like that may be true.

:xf:

Well lets hope you're right. Because tomorrow has come!

Starting to look like i was wrong :thumbdown:

:xf: for next week!
The day isn't over yet... especially in California ;)
Some schools send out IIs after 5 pm local time on Friday.
But this, as many other things in this thread, is a speculation.

Just got rejected :-( wow that pdf letter was really hard to open

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invitation! Good luck to everyone :)

Edit: Complete late July, IS, LizzyM > 73

And congrats to ChemEngMD for being right about Friday... in the nick of time (if you count by EST)!

Also, just wanted to say not to be too alarmed about the manner in which the II is given. The II is given through an email titled, "UCSF School of Medicine Status Update" and the email content just said that my application status had been changed and to log in to find out more. I totally thought I was getting the PDF rejection letter. So just because the email doesn't say anything about an II, don't assume it MUST be a rejection. Just want to save y'all from unnecessary worry!

Last edited:
aaaaand now I'll be checking my email every 5 minutes until I'm rejected or invited. It has begun.

Last edited:
aaaaand now I'll be checking my email every 5 minutes until I'm rejected or invited. It has begun.
Yup. I refresh my email, check my spam folder, and then log into the UCSF applicant status page.

Interview invitation! Good luck to everyone :)

Edit: Complete late July, IS, LizzyM > 73

And congrats to ChemEngMD for being right about Friday... in the nick of time (if you count by EST)!

Also, just wanted to say not to be too alarmed about the manner in which the II is given. The II is given through an email titled, "UCSF School of Medicine Status Update" and the email content just said that my application status had been changed and to log in to find out more. I totally thought I was getting the PDF rejection letter. So just because the email doesn't say anything about an II, don't assume it MUST be a rejection. Just want to save y'all from unnecessary worry!

II! Complete in late July. Stoked!

Did you both complete the additional information essay? I just wrote a 250 word paragraph nothing too fancy.

Are you both in state??

how long did it take everyone to get secondaries? I have been verified for 2 weeks now. no rejection, no update, but also no secondary.

how long did it take everyone to get secondaries? I have been verified for 2 weeks now. no rejection, no update, but also no secondary.

You may be waiting awhile or you may get it pretty quickly. I've been verified since 7/12 and am in the same boat.

Any chance we'll hear of interview offers this labor day weekend?

Unfortunately, applying to med school has been ruthless - no day is safe.:confused:

I've been complete since mid-July. Haven't heard a word from them. 40/3.91/CA resident, does anyone here think I should call in and ask?

I've been complete since mid-July. Haven't heard a word from them. 40/3.91/CA resident, does anyone here think I should call in and ask?
Well what would you say if you called?

Well what would you say if you called?

Hi, I haven't heard from you guys yet, which is odd because I'm clearly awesome. I recommend you offer me an interview in the near future before thing sexy thang is off the market.

*click* :cool:

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I haven't heard from you guys yet, which is odd because I'm clearly awesome. I recommend you offer me an interview in the near future before thing sexy thang is off the market.

*click* :cool:

Bwahaha:thumbup:

The login portal says it could be up to 12 weeks before you hear a response, so I wouldn't call before then

The first IIs went out on Friday...give em a little bit before you start calling

long time follower, first time poster. 3.9/36 OOS complete mid-July and I've heard nothing :(

long time follower, first time poster. 3.9/36 OOS complete mid-July and I've heard nothing :(

Yall need to chill out! :cool:

UCSF admissions runs pretty slow, its almost unheard of to get invited before September. 99% of applicants who completed secondaries have not heard back at this point...

Last year it looked like a few still went out in September/October. There's still hope.

i was complete 8/30 and got the "amcas received" email. lets hope they still have secondaries to send

i can confirm that they are still sending secondaries out! i actually just got one today! :p

wasn't expecting it since it's a holiday and everything (?? does ucsf use automatic cutoffs or something? or have crazy dedicated admin?), but it's definitely not an unpleasant surprise. :3

i can confirm that they are still sending secondaries out! i actually just got one today! :p

wasn't expecting it since it's a holiday and everything (?? does ucsf use automatic cutoffs or something? or have crazy dedicated admin?), but it's definitely not an unpleasant surprise. :3

congrats!! when were you complete?? yea i wasnt expecting anything from UCs for the past couple of days since theyre a state-supported institution after all...

Complete since 7/05..no secondary or rejection.

My alma mater; loved the school and SF. GOOD LUCK TO ALL APPLYING HERE. Usually I only hang out in the resident section for those applying to my specialty, but thought I peek over here. On Irving St close to the campus is a great Italian pizza place called Pasquale's (ya gotta try if in town for da II)

Complete: 7/25/2013
Interview Invite: 9/3/2013

congrats!! when were you complete?? yea i wasnt expecting anything from UCs for the past couple of days since theyre a state-supported institution after all...

lol i think i just quoted you in the ucd thread, but i literally got verified just last week.

so i was definitely not expecting a secondary so quickly. :) so yay ucsf! <3

and i'm not complete yet, but will be by the end of this week.

Any OOS with an II yet? I have a feeling they're hitting up all of the In-State people first haha. And they also only give like 150 OOS students interviews anyway.

lol i think i just quoted you in the ucd thread, but i literally got verified just last week.

so i was definitely not expecting a secondary so quickly. :) so yay ucsf! <3

and i'm not complete yet, but will be by the end of this week.

haha yea i totally just re-quoted you in the davis thread. so you were verified last week? that means i have a chance of getting a secondary this week!!

For people that got II, did you guys get an email that says "status change"? Or does the email say interview invite?

Just want to be prepared hah