2013-2014 Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview invite today! Have to call tomorrow to schedule. Excited!

I'm OOS 31/3.8 if you're looking to compare.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, just curious, if asked "why wright state?" What would you guys say to that? To me, I applied because its in a good town, with seemingly friendly staff and professors, and my stats matched up well. But I feel like that's not an effective answer..

Also, just curious, if asked "why wright state?" What would you guys say to that? To me, I applied because its in a good town, with seemingly friendly staff and professors, and my stats matched up well. But I feel like that's not an effective answer..

Sounds like you've to do some homework. Go spend a couple hours on their website before your interview, and come up with a few things to talk about, as well as questions you have about the school that can't be answered by the internet.

Is anyone else interviewing this week??

Sounds like you've to do some homework. Go spend a couple hours on their website before your interview, and come up with a few things to talk about, as well as questions you have about the school that can't be answered by the internet.

Is anyone else interviewing this week??

Interview went fine. Surprisingly, neither interviewers asked "why wright state". I did have an answer, btw, just didnt get to use it. Everyone was super friendly. Loved the place, but then again, I'm from a similar suburban type area.

Interview went fine. Surprisingly, neither interviewers asked "why wright state". I did have an answer, btw, just didnt get to use it. Everyone was super friendly. Loved the place, but then again, I'm from a similar suburban type area.

glad to hear it!

glad to hear it!

Thanks, good luck with your application.

Also, if anyone has any questions about interview day let me know. But I wouldn't stress, it was completely relaxed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I finally got out of the delayed review period. Secondary application received today and submitted. Good Luck everyone!

Thanks, good luck with your application.

Also, if anyone has any questions about interview day let me know. But I wouldn't stress, it was completely relaxed.

Thanks. I had my interview yesterday. Similarly relaxed, friendly. Students seem to like each other as well as the school. Community like. I think I'd be happy there.

Interviews were pretty relaxing. Nothing to worry about.

Has anyone heard any news? I submitted in mid August and was hoping to hear something around this time.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard any news? I submitted in mid August and was hoping to hear something around this time.

Same situation but early August. It looks like they have handed out interview invites and have begun the interview process

Just to make sure: the secondary is just a survey, right? No essay or anything else?

II!! So excited. Was not expected and invite from an MD school this early because of my low MCAT!! :D

Does anyone know the number of applicants interviewed vs number accepted?
I tried to do my own research but I have not been very successful.

What i would do is check out the msar and use an assumed yield. You're not going to find data for wsu on usnews since they're unranked.

So for in state, they matriculated 85 out of 325 interviewed. A school like that probably has a yield of 20-30% so you're talking about around 275 acceptances. Adjust your yield to get a range, but generally the best schools are around 50% and lower for lower ranked publics.

II!! So excited. Was not expected and invite from an MD school this early because of my low MCAT!! :D

Do you mind listing your stats? How long did you have to wait before you got the "secondary" /survey and then how long before the II? Thanks!

How long does the secondary take to arrive after amcas verification?

I received my secondary two days after verification. IS maybe this matters..........? Verified 10/02

Interviewing here on Wednesday! It is my first interview so I am a little nervous. Any tips or advice?!

Interviewed here today! It was an awesome experience overall and the interviews were really relaxed. PM me if you have any questions!

Does anyone remember hearing at interviews how decisions will be delivered? Can I assume similar to the last couple of years where acceptances were emailed first then snail mailed while everything else was just snail mail?

Does anyone remember hearing at interviews how decisions will be delivered? Can I assume similar to the last couple of years where acceptances were emailed first then snail mailed while everything else was just snail mail?

From last year it seemed like everyone was notified by snail mail. I also think it might have said at the bottom of the interview itinerary.

Do you think they will start sending out decisions tomorrow? I interviewed about a month ago, fingers crossed.

Do you think they will start sending out decisions tomorrow? I interviewed about a month ago, fingers crossed.

Just received the acceptance email @ 12:03! Best of luck to everyone who interviewed/will interview!

Got the acceptance email around 12:30. I interviewed around the middle of sept. IS.

Congrats! I unfortunately have to wait until the beginning of November to see if I was accepted :/

Congrats! I unfortunately have to wait until the beginning of November to see if I was accepted :/

Did they tell you when they were meeting for your date? I think I interviewed a week before you and I'm curious if I'll have to wait that long as well.

Did they tell you when they were meeting for your date? I think I interviewed a week before you and I'm curious if I'll have to wait that long as well.

I was told by a current student that they try to turn out decisions around four weeks after you interview. Mine was four weeks to the day.

I was told by a current student that they try to turn out decisions around four weeks after you interview. Mine was four weeks to the day.

Yea this is what I was basing my assumption on!

Got accepted! I'm going to be a doctor!!! Interviewed the week of 9/23 :)