2013-2014 Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It is great to know II invites are still going out!
Jacksel and j8620 do you mind sharing when you were complete? and IS or OOS?
Thanks a bunch!
I was complete sometime early December. OOS. I declined just cuz I really don't know much about the school and don't really have the extra to fly out there right now... Good luck everybody

Members don't see this ad.

I was complete sometime early December. OOS. I declined just cuz I really don't know much about the school and don't really have the extra to fly out there right now... Good luck everybody
Mind sharing your guys stats?

***INFORMATION ABOUT IN STATE TUITION***

Dear Boonshoft Out of State Students,
It has been determine that WSU/BSOM will grant in state tuition if you meet one of the following criteria:
  1. Forever Buckeye: If you graduated from an Ohio high school, you will receive in-state tuition starting your first year at BSOM.
  2. Indiana Reciprocity: If you are from one of the following counties in Indiana, you may receive in-state tuition starting your first year of medical school.
    1. Adams, Allen, Blackford, Clark Dearborn, Decatur, Delaware, Fayette, Franklin, Henry, Jay, Jefferson, Jennings, Randolph, Ripley, Rush, Scott, Switzerland, Union, Wayne and Wells
  3. Independent Student: A financially independent student who has lived in Ohio for a full, 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the semester for which he or she is applying for residency and who can present clear and convincing proof that no part of his or her financial support during the preceding twelve consecutive months has been provided directly or indirectly by persons or entities who are not residents of Ohio. Students who are claimed on federal income taxes by parents who are not Ohio residents are not eligible for Ohio residency. These students do not meet the definition of independent student under this rule. In general, if a student borrows maximum financial aid loan assistance during their first year of medical school, they may be granted in-state tuition for future years of medical school.
The above information is the main reasons BSOM students are granted in-state tuition.

Take care,
Michelle
Michelle Feichtner
Manager of SOM Financial Aid

Wright State University
Boonshoft School of Medicine
Office of Student Affairs/Admissions
190 White Hall
3640 Col Glenn Hwy
Dayton, OH 45435-0001

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
***INFORMATION ABOUT IN STATE TUITION***

Dear Boonshoft Out of State Students,
It has been determine that WSU/BSOM will grant in state tuition if you meet one of the following criteria:
  1. Forever Buckeye: If you graduated from an Ohio high school, you will receive in-state tuition starting your first year at BSOM.
  2. Indiana Reciprocity: If you are from one of the following counties in Indiana, you may receive in-state tuition starting your first year of medical school.
    1. Adams, Allen, Blackford, Clark Dearborn, Decatur, Delaware, Fayette, Franklin, Henry, Jay, Jefferson, Jennings, Randolph, Ripley, Rush, Scott, Switzerland, Union, Wayne and Wells
  3. Independent Student: A financially independent student who has lived in Ohio for a full, 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the semester for which he or she is applying for residency and who can present clear and convincing proof that no part of his or her financial support during the preceding twelve consecutive months has been provided directly or indirectly by persons or entities who are not residents of Ohio. Students who are claimed on federal income taxes by parents who are not Ohio residents are not eligible for Ohio residency. These students do not meet the definition of independent student under this rule. In general, if a student borrows maximum financial aid loan assistance during their first year of medical school, they may be granted in-state tuition for future years of medical school.
The above information is the main reasons BSOM students are granted in-state tuition.

Take care,
Michelle
Michelle Feichtner
Manager of SOM Financial Aid

Wright State University
Boonshoft School of Medicine
Office of Student Affairs/Admissions
190 White Hall
3640 Col Glenn Hwy
Dayton, OH 45435-0001

I got that email too. So looking at number 4, if my parents no longer claim me starting after this year (after filing 2013), I should be good to reclassify my second year (2015), as long as I take out max loans? That is a huge swing factor for me, I loved Wright State, may give it a second consideration if this is a guarantee. But note, it still said "in general", instead of promising anything.

Has anyone else on here not heard a word from WSU despite being complete since August?

Has anyone who interviewed in December heard anything yet?

I totally forgot I applied here until I updated my MD apps and saw it listed. Not a peep since being complete. I was actually really interested in their program, though.

Anyone know if II are still going out?

Members don't see this ad :)
hmmmm, wonder when the rejection letters will starting coming out....

They are totally against it. I've tried to send in three and emailed them to different people with no luck.

When I tried emailing my update, I was told updates would only be accepted if an II was received.

Fiancé interviewed here today for psychology grad, definitely attending if she gets in. Fingers crossed..

Reactions: 1 user
Fiancé interviewed here today for psychology grad, definitely attending if she gets in. Fingers crossed..

Hope it went well! The "two body" problem is a tough one, and I'm so glad my boyfriend put his grad school application on hold to follow me.

Hope it went well! The "two body" problem is a tough one, and I'm so glad my boyfriend put his grad school application on hold to follow me.

I know, it's terrible! I've been lucky enough to be accepted at multiple schools, so she applied to all of them and we are going wherever we match. Wright has been her first interview, so if it went well, I'll be a flyer (I think that's their mascot?)!

Oh my apologies. Interview Invite received. As for Tmdsas and Amcas, my thoughts are its all the same thing, what Amcas schools ask on secondary applications tmdsas asks on initial submission. They both basically are looking for the same kind of people; preferably above 30 mcat, good gpa and some well roundedness. Please note that this is my opinion based on my application and interview experience.

Since so many of are wait- listed or waiting for interview i request fortunate ones holding multiple med school admissions, please please select your school so others have a chance- time is key and is running out for this admission cycle, pls don't wait till may 15

Haha I thought this post looked familiar ^ ^ I saw you post the same thing in another thread.

Haha I thought this post looked familiar ^ ^ I saw you post the same thing in another thread.
Yes it should posted on sdn for all med schools as it is almost end of admission cycle this year to help students like us

Since so many of are wait- listed or waiting for interview i request fortunate ones holding multiple med school admissions, please please select your school so others have a chance- time is key and is running out for this admission cycle, pls don't wait till may 15

For many students that is not possible. This is particularly true for wright state which gives out scholarships. Until the financial picture becomes more clear for accepted students, it is difficult to make a decision unless finances aren't a factor. Additionally interview status won't be affected. They will interview close to a target number. What accepted students decide will simply determine waitlist movement (which normally doesn't start until may anyway).

Reactions: 2 users
AHH! My fiancé got in to WSU grad school. Looks like I'll most likely be attending! Is there a second look day?

AHH! My fiancé got in to WSU grad school. Looks like I'll most likely be attending! Is there a second look day?
Congrats, that must be relief.

I know I asked this before but does anyone know when the interview season ends here? I know interview invites went out last week so maybe there is still hope? Looks like applying late really hurt me this cycle :(

Im not sure but when I called to schedule my interview, the lady said the 12th was the only available date.

I know I asked this before but does anyone know when the interview season ends here? I know interview invites went out last week so maybe there is still hope? Looks like applying late really hurt me this cycle :(
Im with you... I think I have been silently rejected from WSU. I have not heard from them since September and I saw on their website interviews end in February.

Im with you... I think I have been silently rejected from WSU. I have not heard from them since September and I saw on their website interviews end in February.

Bummer, I frequently ski the east as well. Have you got hits from anywhere else?

Keep your head high! Interviews go out till late March as I was told on interview day. I applied late too! I was verified in early October...

OOS reapplicant, 30 schools, 2 interviews