You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Wright State (Boonshoft)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
godsgirly4320
Full Member
Has anyone heard of any Second look activities planned?
also wondering this. searched up WSU boonshoft second look and last year it was 24-25th april. haven't gotten any emails recently from them though.Has anyone heard of any Second look activities planned?
anyone receive scholarship info yet?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
godsgirly4320
Full Member
I haven't as of yet (referring to scholarship info)also wondering this. searched up WSU boonshoft second look and last year it was 24-25th april. haven't gotten any emails recently from them though.
anyone receive scholarship info yet?
Type_A_Personality21
Full Member
Just got an email at 7:40 am (CST) regarding second look on next Monday and TuesdayHas anyone heard of any Second look activities planned?
jwar79
Full Member
I got a merit scholarship offer exactly a week ago. I forgot to post about it, though.also wondering this. searched up WSU boonshoft second look and last year it was 24-25th april. haven't gotten any emails recently from them though.
anyone receive scholarship info yet?
I got a merit scholarship offer exactly a week ago. I forgot to post about it, though
Congrats! how were you notified of this? (terrified I'm missing something in the wright state email that i don't check regularly)
jwar79
Full Member
They emailed my wright state email but also CCed the email I used for my AAMC applicationCongrats! how were you notified of this? (terrified I'm missing something in the wright state email that i don't check regularly)
same, did you get a confirmation email after sighing up? i did not...Just got an email at 7:40 am (CST) regarding second look on next Monday and Tuesday
Type_A_Personality21
Full Member
I did not get a confirmation email eithersame, did you get a confirmation email after sighing up? i did not...
ok! assuming they'll send us zoom links closer to the day. thanks 🙂I did not get a confirmation email either
probablyrejected2020
Full Member
Congrats that's awesome! Not to pry but would you feel comfy sharing the amount? Feel free to pm too 🙂I got a merit scholarship offer exactly a week ago. I forgot to post about it, though.
Does Wright St accept updates/letters of interest?
I’m assuming you’re on the WL? In the waitlist email, it says sending letters will not change your numerical score/ranking so you could send it but it wouldn’t necessarily help. If you’re waiting to receive an II, I would confirm if they are still conducting interviews because if not, once again, a letter wouldn’t necessarily help.Does Wright St accept updates/letters of interest?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
accepted students, we can start tracking these changes through BAMS! last year on SDN, they did something similar. just make sure to update every week with the number change.Has anyone seen any waitlist movement? I know we shouldn't expect much of anything until April 15th and May 1st. Or has the number of accepted students in the accepted students portal changed?
April 7th: 170 students (minus administrators)
Any WL movement ? And does anyone know how many ppl are on there WL?
April 7th: 170 students (minus administrators)
April 14th: 167 students
@beautymd22 - waitlist movement typically starts occurring after the PTE/CTE deadlines approach
April 14th: 167 students
@beautymd22 - waitlist movement typically starts occurring after the PTE/CTE deadlines approach
Good question about how many are on their list. I hope someone knows what their usual number has been.Any WL movement ? And does anyone know how many ppl are on there WL?
ive been seeing WL movement start already for other schools due to aamc traffic dates approaching. Tommorow, April 15th is the day that applicants drop multiple MD acceptances down to 3 and then April 30th is when its drop to 1. I just expected BSOM to have started already but well seeApril 7th: 170 students (minus administrators)
April 14th: 167 students
@beautymd22 - waitlist movement typically starts occurring after the PTE/CTE deadlines approach
Type_A_Personality21
Full Member
153 as of today if I counted correctly!any update on the number of people on the waitlist?
Is that how many are still on the waitlist or how many are on the accepted list?153 as of today if I counted correctly!
Accepted Students
April 7th: 170 students (minus administrators)
April 14th: 167 students
April 19th: 147 students
April 7th: 170 students (minus administrators)
April 14th: 167 students
April 19th: 147 students
Type_A_Personality21
Full Member
That was for accepted studentsIs that how many are still on the waitlist or how many are on the accepted list?
wildcat2222
Full Member
Isn’t their first year class size 118?That was for accepted students
svainglives
Full Member
are all accepted students planning to live in ashton brooke? or are some ppl going to look at other places??
Look at last year's thread - it seems like a lot of people drop between Apr 15 - Apr 30 (makes sense, since Apr 30 is CTE day)Isn’t their first year class size 118?
Their class size has hovered around 110-120 each year
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So they're done with this year? anyone not offered at this point is declined?I think their class has 130 seats per their waitlist email... “At this time, all 130 available places in our entering class have been accepted and confirmed.”
I believe they were referring to the previous-year's email.So they're done with this year? anyone not offered at this point is declined?
No that is not the case. Bc the next sentence reads “Your name has been placed on our waitlist for consideration if any openings occur prior to the beginning of classes on July 19, 2020”. confirmed doesn’t necessarily mean finalized CTE they prob just paid the deposit fee to secure there spotSo they're done with this year? anyone not offered at this point is declined?
It was stated in this years current WL emailI believe they were referring to the previous-year's email.
gotcha, sorry I misunderstood. Thank you.I believe they were referring to the previous-year's email.
Nope, still the same # of people. I am assuming people will drop after Apr 30any update on the number of people in the portal?
homeskilletoast
Full Member
withdrawing my acceptance from Boonshoft. good luck to all you!! 🖤
Accepted Students
April 7th: 170 students (minus administrators)
April 14th: 167 students
April 19th: 147 students
April 27th: 142 students
April 7th: 170 students (minus administrators)
April 14th: 167 students
April 19th: 147 students
April 27th: 142 students
Apologies in advance for being a bit ignorant about this whole process 🙂 What does this mean exactly?Accepted Students
April 7th: 170 students (minus administrators)
April 14th: 167 students
April 19th: 147 students
April 27th: 142 students
Those numbers are showing how students who were offered a seat in BSOM's class are withdrawing after choosing other schools. It's of interest to people on the waitlist because (in theory) when enough accepted students decline, the school starts to accept students off of the waitlists. However, schools purposefully accept way more students than they plan to enroll in anticipation of this. I think BSOM is aiming for a class of 130 so basically according to that portal at least 12 more accepted students need to decline before they go to the waitlist.Apologies in advance for being a bit ignorant about this whole process 🙂 What does this mean exactly?
Thank youThose numbers are showing how students who were offered a seat in BSOM's class are withdrawing after choosing other schools. It's of interest to people on the waitlist because (in theory) when enough accepted students decline, the school starts to accept students off of the waitlists. However, schools purposefully accept way more students than they plan to enroll in anticipation of this. I think BSOM is aiming for a class of 130 so basically according to that portal at least 12 more accepted students need to decline before they go to the waitlist.
If someone can post AFTER midnight the number of accepted student on the portal. I wanna see how much the number decreased due to this deadline
Accepted Students
April 7th: 170 students (minus administrators)
April 14th: 167 students
April 19th: 147 students
April 27th: 142 students
May 1st: 142 students
I'm surprised that the # is still the same... my first hunch was that maybe WSUBSOM doesn't update students from the portal ASAP but I looked at last year's threads, and they seemed to update every day... I'm not sure why the # of accepted students right now is so LARGE compared to last year. Wishing you all luck for WL movement
April 7th: 170 students (minus administrators)
April 14th: 167 students
April 19th: 147 students
April 27th: 142 students
May 1st: 142 students
I'm surprised that the # is still the same... my first hunch was that maybe WSUBSOM doesn't update students from the portal ASAP but I looked at last year's threads, and they seemed to update every day... I'm not sure why the # of accepted students right now is so LARGE compared to last year. Wishing you all luck for WL movement
Could just be they won’t update on the weekend.Accepted Students
April 7th: 170 students (minus administrators)
April 14th: 167 students
April 19th: 147 students
April 27th: 142 students
May 1st: 142 students
I'm surprised that the # is still the same... my first hunch was that maybe WSUBSOM doesn't update students from the portal ASAP but I looked at last year's threads, and they seemed to update every day... I'm not sure why the # of accepted students right now is so LARGE compared to last year. Wishing you all luck for WL movement
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
withdrew my A! hope it goes to one of you all 🙂 gl
Any changes?Could just be they won’t update on the weekend.
I'll update daily now at 10 am EST since hopefully WL movement should be starting soon:Any changes?
Accepted Students
April 7th: 170 students (minus administrators)
April 14th: 167 students
April 19th: 147 students
April 27th: 142 students
May 1st: 142 students
May 3rd: 142 students
I’m starting to think they just haven’t updated the portal in a while! Someone said they withdrew and the number of students still stayed the same. Hopefully this means that there is still the possibility of movement🙂 also thank you for doing this @girlydoctorI'll update daily now at 10 am EST since hopefully WL movement should be starting soon:
Accepted Students
April 7th: 170 students (minus administrators)
April 14th: 167 students
April 19th: 147 students
April 27th: 142 students
May 1st: 142 students
May 3rd: 142 students