2020-2021 Wright State (Boonshoft)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R. OOS, Complete in July/September. Best of luck

Members don't see this ad.

Alternate list. Complete 9/3 and interviewed 1/12. Email said we will receive a letter with our alternate position indicated. Does that mean we get ranked?

Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate list. Complete 9/3 and interviewed 1/12. Email said we will receive a letter with our alternate position indicated. Does that mean we get ranked?
Also alternate listed. Interviewed 1/12 as well. Do we know if alternate list is different than the waitlist?

Pre II R. Complete Oct 2020. I wish everyone still in the running the very best!!

Probably a dumb question but did anyone else that get alternate get told about how they were rated? They didn’t specifically give me a ranking but they told me what they expected?

Probably a dumb question but did anyone else that get alternate get told about how they were rated? They didn’t specifically give me a ranking but they told me what they expected?
yeah same mine said "we expect you will be ranked high on our alternate list"

Reactions: 1 user
Also alternate listed. Interviewed 1/12 as well. Do we know if alternate list is different than the waitlist?
I was put on the waitlist months ago. I assume people like me will also be hearing back via letter also?

I was told I would find out about rank in or before April

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting- the email i got today said they'd send me a letter soon with the rankings... didnt specify the month though

I was put on the waitlist months ago. I assume people like me will also be hearing back via letter also?

I was told I would find out about rank in or before April
I was waitlisted several months ago too, did your email say you were high on the waitlist? mine was just a generic e-mail saying I had been waitlisted

I was waitlisted several months ago too, did your email say you were high on the waitlist? mine was just a generic e-mail saying I had been waitlisted
Mine was just generic!

At this time, we are unable to offer you a position in our entering class. Your application for admission to the Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine has been rated by the Admissions Committee and you will be placed on our alternate list.

We will be in a better position to judge how many places remain available in the entering class by on or before April 15.We will then communicate your status on the alternate list. Once the alternate list is finalized, we will contact you immediately if your status changes.”

Pre II R, complete October, OOS no ties. It seems like they dropped a lot of these today :confused:

Same tale of (moderate) woe. OOS and interviewed on 1/12 and found out today I am on the alternate list. Sounds like hardly anyone got an acceptance today?

Can someone who has access to that portal that says how many people have been accepted check and see if they sent any acceptances today lol

Reactions: 1 users
Just wanted to add to the conversation about potential regional bias. I’m URM and my stats are in their 25th and 50th percentiles. I’m in state (SW ish Ohio) with ties to Dayton. I thought I had a chance at an II here but was straight rejected and given II’s at MD schools I never thought would consider my app. It just goes to show that no one can predict their chances and everyone’s app is unique in their own way. Every school is looking for something different (even if I don’t understand it at all lol)
yea I don't get the equation.. but then again.. maybe its just that there are so many qualified applicants that it takes a little luck to end up in an interview... I don't know.. im super unlucky haha

• Care
According to last years forum, they dont give exact rankings for the alternate list, they tell you which third of the list you are in (top/middle/bottom). Idk if it will be the same this year, but that is whay I'm expecting. I've been on the alternate list since November... stressful times

can any current student tell me what the chances of getting a paid research position is?

anyone who got accepted get a physical letter / package in the mail yet? :(

anyone who got accepted get a physical letter / package in the mail yet? :(
For what it's worth, I was accepted on Feb 4 and haven't received anything (other than emails) yet!

For what it's worth, I was accepted on Feb 4 and haven't received anything (other than emails) yet!
i was accepted in december haha, but all other schools are getting their acceptance packages and it seems like WSU doesn't have one? not sure!

Interviewed on the 26th. Just got waitlisted about a half hour ago:

"We have reached the point in our admissions cycle when we offer fewer acceptances. Although we cannot offer you a position in our entering class at this time, you received a strong rating from the committee and we expect you will be very high on our alternate list."

i was accepted in december haha, but all other schools are getting their acceptance packages and it seems like WSU doesn't have one? not sure!
Oh oops, you've been waiting even longer! Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. They've sent a lot of info over email but I thought they'd send something by mail. When I signed the acceptance contract there was a button to select for them to mail the acceptance letter (which I selected), but I haven't received that yet

• Hmm
Hey guys, I declined my interview from WSU a few months ago and got an email saying my "interview voided" because they're done interviewing for this year. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up!

where all is everyone planning to live?? I don’t think i want roommates but still would like med school neighbors

where all is everyone planning to live?? I don’t think i want roommates but still would like med school neighbors
I'm of the same mindset! A current student told me that a large majority live at Ashton Brooke, the staff there also mentioned this - they said it's nice to live alone but meet up to study or even resign with new friends for the next lease. I also toured Wexford on the Green (they mentioned they get some med students) and the Promenade which were linked on Boonshoft's website

I'm of the same mindset! A current student told me that a large majority live at Ashton Brooke, the staff there also mentioned this - they said it's nice to live alone but meet up to study or even resign with new friends for the next lease. I also toured Wexford on the Green (they mentioned they get some med students) and the Promenade which were linked on Boonshoft's website
thank you so much!!

does anyone know how many students were accepted? Or how many are in the group me ?

does anyone know how many students were accepted? Or how many are in the group me ?
accepted students via portal = 165

edit - went back and counted, it's actually 171. sorry y'all!

Last edited:
Does that mean the class size is 165? I thought MSAR said like 130 (but my access has expired rip)
class size has been 110-120 students per year. the yield rate is super super low i believe so that means people will withdraw offers, there may be waitlist movement, but im unsure of course. historically there’s usually been 2x the amount of people accepted compared to matriculation (so usually they accept 240 students - not sure what’s going on this year however).

Anybody still not hear after completing secondary? I was complete 9/28 and I've heard nothing.

class size has been 110-120 students per year. the yield rate is super super low i believe so that means people will withdraw offers, there may be waitlist movement, but im unsure of course. historically there’s usually been 2x the amount of people accepted compared to matriculation (so usually they accept 240 students - not sure what’s going on this year however).
Does that mean the class size is 165? I thought MSAR said like 130 (but my access has expired rip)
class size is 130 now

Of those waitlisted...I'm trying to figure out how many received that 'you will be ranked very high on the list' email, or otherwise. Like do I get my hopes up or not, wright state?

Did they send out rankings yet? I didn’t get one 😬

Did they send out rankings yet? I didn’t get one 😬
Nope, I just now got my initial waitlist email. It said I had a 'strong rating' but that I will eventually get a letter with my waitlist position. I wonder if they will be giving numbers this year or just telling us which 'third' we are in, like last year.

(The timeframe for being ranked was 'soon')

I also received one of the "strong rating" emails. The actual rankings aren't out yet, but I assume if you got that email you'll probably be in the top third. From what I heard about previous years through looking at old forums and alumni, it seems that Wright state generally works their way through the top third of the waitlist.

I just got the email and it says I am in the middle third of the waitlist. does anyone know how much waitlist movement generally happens/if the middle third is usually offered acceptances??

Just got my middle third email also. Interviewed in November. Hoping there is a lot of movement this cycle but who knows.

"It is very important that you keep us informed of your current address and phone number between now and the beginning of our academic year. If we are unable to reach you quickly, your opportunity for admission will be offered to the next individual on the list." ----does anyone know what exactly this means? Like if they call and I don't answer do they just immediately pick the next person?

• Haha