2014-2015 Ohio State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II this past week - complete in July, sent an update at the end of the fall semester. IS, lower MCAT but strong GPA and ECs. The email made it sound like they are now sending IIs on a spot-by-spot basis as people withdraw.
Congrats! Would you mind sharing LizzyM/ MCAT range?
 
It's just the way it has been this cycle. last cycle was may 15th. sorry if I am mistaken but I'm pretty positive it is april 15th. trying to find a link for you now.
I know for all other schools I know of, it's April 30th, but I have a document from OSU saying may 15th.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone comment on the interview day? And are there still seats left in the class, or are they interviewing for waitlist spots at this point?
 
Can anyone comment on the interview day? And are there still seats left in the class, or are they interviewing for waitlist spots at this point?

Dr. Capers said that they paced the admission offers so that even people who are interviewing on the last interview date is interviewing for a spot in the class, not waitlist.
 
Dr. Capers said that they paced the admission offers so that even people who are interviewing on the last interview date is interviewing for a spot in the class, not waitlist.
Thank you! That's really good to know. How was interview day? Pretty intense or conversational?
 
Interview was awesome. Very informational, and well organized. Faculty and students seemed very genuinely nice, and I think you will find that apparent. It seems that the general consensus is that the interview is conversational and laid back, and that is how I felt about my interviews as well. They were more interested in learning about my experiences on AMCAS rather than asking tough standard interview questions. I have a friend who interviewed there last year who said that the interview was pretty stressful so, I guess not every interview is the same. Good luck on your interview!
 
If you are still interviewing with THE Ohio State University, they will not disappoint! As my fellow interviewees have already covered they have an exceptional program with exceptional people! Plus it was easily the least stressful interview I've had - No interview is non-stressful to me, but I really felt they just wanted to know who I was as a person and if I would fit in well with a bunch of collaborative high-achieving well-rounded students. 🙂
 
Can anyone comment on the post interview acceptance rate? I've read that it's about 50%, but is this still the case at the end of the interview cycle?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone comment on the post interview acceptance rate? I've read that it's about 50%, but is this still the case at the end of the interview cycle?
From what I've heard most applicants are deferred later in the season compared to earlier in the season.
 
So you've probably seen this janebear1, but just in case you haven't if you go onto the OSUCOM admissions page, brochures & fact sheets & then select Entering Class of 2014 you can see the details of the recent entering class. 52% of those who were interviewed were offered an acceptance, which is about double the number that matriculated. Like Eppur Si Muove stated however I'd imagine the percentage is lower for later applicants, I would argue that that's probably b/c the earlier applicants are better fits for their program though and they start broadening they're guidelines as time goes on. BUT as Dr. Capers reiterated several times to us very clearly, there ARE still available seats currently and that's what we were there to interview for.

Ltl Ducky, it wasn't stated whether there were any scholarships left available. But they did review the scholarships with us, leading me to believe if you're competitive enough there might still be an opportunity. Plus someone offered a scholarship could go elsewhere, freeing that money up as well. Also, I didn't realize they do merit scholarships for M2's and up if you rank in the top 25% of the class - pretty cool!

Hope this helps. Good luck everyone.
 
I really hope so, good luck to you
Thank you, the same to you. It is tough because you devote the time and emotional energy into preparing for the opportunity and then it seems like everyone just gets wait listed or rejected at this point, but I do believe they are still interviewokg for a reason, and I suspect it is to identify good candidates for when the inevitable movement occurs when a lot of people holding multiple offers vacate spots.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also deferred after what I thought was my strongest interview of the cycle. Hopefully we'll get some good news in the upcoming months.

Rainbowkittens123, Cerno & Tarthulhu, would you mind sharing your stats? I'm wondering if it's coming back around to that after the interviews since the interviewers are blind to the stats. I too felt like this interview was the best for me, and I'm really excited about the opportunity - I find out next week where I stand. (Literally all I can think about, soo unhealthy 🙂)