-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
This whole life-for-the-next-year-kinda-sorta-up-in-the-air thing and resultant summer calc II class I'm taking for my back up plan to a) not getting un-waitlisted and b) the possiblity of not getting in anywhere for the new app cycle is getting oooold. At least the waitlist is forcing me to learn to deal with uncertainty..? Stay strong, friends.
This whole life-for-the-next-year-kinda-sorta-up-in-the-air thing and resultant summer calc II class I'm taking for my back up plan to a) not getting un-waitlisted and b) the possiblity of not getting in anywhere for the new app cycle is getting oooold. At least the waitlist is forcing me to learn to deal with uncertainty..? Stay strong, friends.
I feel the same! It's rough...but yes, a good lesson in dealing with uncertainty! Haha need to enjoy the journey too, I suppose!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In case you guys haven't been reading the allo forum, someone was kind of enough to anonymize our match list. Here it is:
Anesthesiology (10)
U Alabama Med Center - Birmingham
Cedars-Sinai, California
Rush University, Illinois
University of Illinois Chicago
University at Buffalo, NY
NYP Hosp- Columbia Univ Med Ctr
Cleveland Clinic, OH
Medical College of Wisconsin x2
U Wisconsin
Child Neurology (1)
Stanford
Dermatology (6)
Loma Linda
Southern Illinois University SOM
Loyola
Cook County/Stroger
University Hospitals-Jackson MS
Darmouth
Emergency Medicine (21)
Harbor-UCLA
UConn
University of IL - St Francis Med Ctr
Cook County/Stroger x2
Resurrection Med Ctr x2
U Kansas- KC
Henry Ford HSC, MI
Beaumont Health System, MI
Western Michigan University Stryker
Hennepin County Medical Center, MN
Einstein/Jacobi x3
University of Toledo
Akron Gen/NEOMED
Allegheny General Hospital PA
Albert Einstein Med Ctr PA
Christus Spohn Mem Hosp TX
U Wisconsin Hospital
Family Medicine (12)
University at Buffalo
UMass
U Kansas SOM - WIchita
U Michigan Ann Arbor
Univ of British Columbia Victoria
Loma Linda University CA
UC Irvine
University of Iowa
Advocate Lutheran General Hosp
Hinsdale Hospital IL
McNeal Hospital IL
University of IL - Chicago
General Surgery (5)
Memorial Health University Med Center GA
Barnes Jewish MO
Saint Louis Univ SOM MO
Cleveland Clinic OH
U Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Internal Medicine (40)
U Texas HSC - San Antonio
UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside
Banner Good Samaritan Med Ctr AZ
UCIrvine
Santa Clara x2
University of Southern California
Huntington Memorial Hospital
Cedars Sinai
Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara
UCSF Fresno
Loma Linda University
Kaiser - SF
Jackson Memorial Hosp FL
Mercy Hosp and Med Center (IL)
Rush University x3
Advocate Lutheran x2
Loyola University
Indiana University
University of Louisville KY x2
St Elizabeth’s MA
Beth Israel Deaconness Medical Center
University of Minnesota
North Shore-LIJ
Einstein/Jacobi
CWRU Metro Health
Drexel COM
Thomas Jefferson University
Brown University
University of Vermont
Aurora Health Care (Wisconsin)
MCW x 2
WVU
Kaiser Permanente - Oakland
Medicine-Pediatrics (3)
Banner-Good Samaritan AZ
Loyola University
University Massachusetts
Medicine (Primary Care) (2)
George Washington Univ
Barnes Jewish
Neurosurgery (1)
University of Southern California
Neurology (11)
Northwestern McGaw x2
Loyola University
Rush x2
University of Kansas SOM
University of Minnesota
Saint Louis University SOM
SUNY Upstate x2
UPMC
OB-Gyn (4)
Cedars-Sinai, CA
Rush University
Grand Rapids Med Ed Partners, MI
Texas Tech-Lubbock
Ophthalmology (2)
Case Western Reserve University
St Louis University
Orthopedic Surgery (5)
University of Southern California
UIllinois Chicago
Indiana
University of MO - KC
Baylor College of Medicine
Otolaryngology (1)
UIllinois Chicago
Pathology
Northwestern McGaw
Pediatrics (18)
Phoenix Children’s
Kaiser Permanente LA
Stanford x2
UCLA
CHLA
University of Hawaii
University of Iowa
Southern Illinois University
Loyola University x2
Advocate Lutheran
Rush University
Northwestern McGaw
University at Buffalo
Northshore LIJ
U Tennessee COM - Memphis
San Antonio Military Medical Center
PM&R (4)
Marianjoy Rehab Hospital IL
WSU (Detroit Medical Center) MI
U Texas HSC San Antonio
Medical College of Wisconsin
Psychiatry (1)
Advocate Lutheran, IL
Radiation Oncology (1)
University at Buffalo
Radiology Diagnostic (8)
UCLA
Loma Linda
UC Irvine
Rush University
Beaumont Health Systems
NYP Hosp - Columbia
Brown
UIllinois Chicago
Urology
SUNY Upstate
Match list looks amazing!
Any waitlist movement yet?
I'm curious about this as well. Unfortunately, it's been pretty quiet on this board regarding movement. The waiting is brutal.
Yea I don't totally recall there being too much movement. 😉I'm curious about this as well. Unfortunately, it's been pretty quiet on this board regarding movement. The waiting is brutal.
Has anyone gotten financial information yet?
I'm also perplexed; I'm on the alternate list...this is technically the waitlist, correct? I haven't seen any movement posted here at all. I think compared to other schools, the waitlists seem to be moving slower this year because of the big volume of applicants.
Yea again everyone had more time to get the mcat done since they extended dates, so I assume more people got the scores they wanted and got everything together for this cycle.I'm also perplexed; I'm on the alternate list...this is technically the waitlist, correct? I haven't seen any movement posted here at all. I think compared to other schools, the waitlists seem to be moving slower this year because of the big volume of applicants.
August 7-9th according to the website. White coat is on the 9th.when is the orientation here?
http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/campuslife/Orientation/Schedule.aspx
That's an old year, and incorrect dates. Right now tentatively (and most likely) Augst 12th, 13th, and 14th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the curriculum here? Systems based? Organs based? I can't seem to find details online
I have been accepted into Rosalind and other schools and I am trying to decide where to go. What is really weird is that Rosalind's match list is way better than those other schools (which are much "higher ranked"). Isn't that weird? Can someone explain why?
The usefulness of comparing schools based on match lists has been discussed at length on sdn. Match lists tell you nothing about the school. They are more of a reflection of the students at the school (and their preferences) and not the quality of a school.I have been accepted into Rosalind and other schools and I am trying to decide where to go. What is really weird is that Rosalind's match list is way better than those other schools (which are much "higher ranked"). Isn't that weird? Can someone explain why?
August 7-9th according to the website. White coat is on the 9th.
http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/campuslife/Orientation/Schedule.aspx
White Coat Ceremony is August 14
I withdrew my acceptance from CMS yesterday. Unless the class is over-enrolled, I assume one of you will get it. Best wishes to everyone!
White Coat Ceremony is August 14
I withdrew my acceptance from CMS yesterday. Unless the class is over-enrolled, I assume one of you will get it. Best wishes to everyone!
In case others were wondering, I finished the secondary letter Aug 31. My committee letter was complete mid- Sept. I interviewed on Jan 14 and was accepted Feb 4.
Hey guys, I'm an M2 looking for a male roommate this fall. The place is at woodlands (walking distance) and is 2B/1B. The rent is approx 570/month. Let me know if you are interested!
Hi-
I'm interested. PM with the details if its still available.
Thanks,
I'm assuming they are overenrolled at the this point. Anyone else?Almost July and (at least on sdn) zero waitlist movement. Oy vey.
Well I sent an email a couple weeks ago and what they said was that they extended enough offers to fill the class, but as people decline, they would pull off the waitlist and that movement has historically happened up to orientation.I'm assuming they are overenrolled at the this point. Anyone else?
There was a bit of movement on the waitlist: not a lot though. Sorry.
Some good news. CMS is off probation!
Some good news. CMS is off probation!
Were you a student that was previously on the alternate list or a current Rosalind student that heard about alternate list movement? If you were on the alternate list, will you share your stats and interview date?
There was a bit of movement on the waitlist: not a lot though. Sorry.
Some good news. CMS is off probation!
Please see above. I'm sorry I didn't attach the comment to the appropriate post, I'm working on a slow network/phone.
Please see above. I'm sorry I didn't attach the comment to the appropriate post, I'm working on a slow network/phone.
Let me PM you.
Hi guys! I would like to know that information as well. Thanks!Let me PM you.
Let me PM you.
Hello. I would like to know that information also. Thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here, thank you!!!Let me PM you.
Congratulations!Hey everyone! Been on the waitlist since February and just received an acceptance email earlier today, so keep your hopes up as there is waitlist movement occuring! Best of luck to you all 🙂!
Congratulations! would you mind sharing your stats? When did you interview?Hey everyone! Been on the waitlist since February and just received an acceptance email earlier today, so keep your hopes up as there is waitlist movement occuring! Best of luck to you all 🙂!
Can people withdraw this late? I thought it was supposed to be within like a week of the drop deadline. Thanks for the heads up though!I just withdrew my acceptance and scholarship from this school! I hope my seat goes to one of you guys!!!! 🙂
Is anyone getting the student health insurance offered by the school? Does it seem like a good deal?
If you can still be on your parent's plan, then I would just do that. If not, then you probably have no choice but to buy the school plan.
Is anyone getting the student health insurance offered by the school? Does it seem like a good deal?
Sorry about not replying sooner! I interviewed early January. cGPA 3.8 and 29 MCAT, decent EC's (if I'd say so myself) but I did feel I struggled with the MMI style interview. Stay strong fellow SDN'ers!Congratulations! would you mind sharing your stats? When did you interview?
Is anyone else surprised that there has only been one person to post on SDN that they were accepted off of the Alternate List? In previous years threads there were numerous posts by late July of people getting accepted off the Alternate List. If there are any current students that know why this is the case, that information would be greatly appreciated. Is it the later than usual interview dates, the new MMI style interview or something else?
This year was like a perfect storm in my opinion. The later that usual extension of MCAT dates this previous cycle mixed with the fact that RFU changed to MMI and got more people to interview changed the number and quality of potential acceptances. There is simply more competition and probably the class got filled rather quickly before people had to be pulled off waitlist. It's not just here, people on the waitlist support thread have complained that the movement has been slow almost universally.Is anyone else surprised that there has only been one person to post on SDN that they were accepted off of the Alternate List? In previous years threads there were numerous posts by late July of people getting accepted off the Alternate List. If there are any current students that know why this is the case, that information would be greatly appreciated. Is it the later than usual interview dates, the new MMI style interview or something else?
Well, it's poopers to still be waitlisted at this point, and I'm not quite sure what word best describes how it feels to sit on waitlists this late in the game while also finishing secondaries for another cycle, but I will say I had a wonderful time on the interview day and wish everyone the best of luck!!! 🙂
Lol right there with you as are a lot of the 30,000 people who don't make it in each year.Well, it's poopers to still be waitlisted at this point, and I'm not quite sure what word best describes how it feels to sit on waitlists this late in the game while also finishing secondaries for another cycle, but I will say I had a wonderful time on the interview day and wish everyone the best of luck!!! 🙂
I agree--perfect storm! Record numbers of applicants everywhere=more competition=fewer acceptances=less waitlist movement. I've heard this from every school. Drats for those of us who applied this year; who knew?!!!This year was like a perfect storm in my opinion. The later that usual extension of MCAT dates this previous cycle mixed with the fact that RFU changed to MMI and got more people to interview changed the number and quality of potential acceptances. There is simply more competition and probably the class got filled rather quickly before people had to be pulled off waitlist. It's not just here, people on the waitlist support thread have complained that the movement has been slow almost universally.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry guys and to all wait listers. Like one person got off the waitlist last week. That's it. Prepare for next cycle. Try your hand at BMS? If not, there are like 5 new med schools opening. Don't give up.
I'm applying this cycle and I was just wondering what attracts you to this school.
also can anyone tell me about this interprofessional learning envrionment?
also can anyone tell me about this interprofessional learning envrionment?
Wait why did they call? I have not received a call lol.Got a call asking whether I still want to be kept on the alternate list for CMS... like, are they trolling or.....?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 207K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 288K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 737
- Views
- 227K