You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Saint Louis University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I submitted 7/16 as well and I got an email titled "Saint Louis School of Medicine: Saint Louis University School of Medicine-Application Complete". Do you have all green check marks and letters received status on the portal?Congrats! How long did it take them to send you the complete email after submitting the secondary? I submitted my secondary 27 days ago. No complete email yet! 🙁
I submitted 7/16 as well and I got an email titled "Saint Louis School of Medicine: Saint Louis University School of Medicine-Application Complete". Do you have all green check marks and letters received status on the portal?
yes, I have all green check marks. I think I should email them. Thanks a lot for the reply!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Better yet just call them, they were really helpful when I called to make sure my application was complete.yes, I have all green check marks. I think I should email them. Thanks a lot for the reply!
Good to know. Thanks for the suggestion. Will do that then!Better yet just call them, they were really helpful when I called to make sure my application was complete.
Better yet just call them, they were really helpful when I called to make sure my application was complete.
Just called them. Apparently, some applicants did not receive the complete email due to some technical issue which lasted for a week or so. Sounds like I was one of them!
Just called them. Apparently, some applicants did not receive the complete email due to some technical issue which lasted for a week or so. Sounds like I was one of them!
Thanks for calling! Do you think we can all assume that we are complete if we have the green checkmarks? I've had them since 7/25, but no email.
What dates have you guys received for interviews?! Just trying to figure out when they are starting them
Thanks for calling! Do you think we can all assume that we are complete if we have the green checkmarks? I've had them since 7/25, but no email.
That's what I think. If you have the green check marks but no complete email, you are most likely one of the applicants who didn't receive the complete email due to technical issues.
Submitted secondary!
The earliest date they had available was September 8th but that filled up pretty fast so I had to book mine for later than that. (They're doing Monday and Tuesday interviews btw)What dates have you guys received for interviews?! Just trying to figure out when they are starting them
Complete 7/3...
Is it a no go for me? :/ LizzyM 73... 🙁
Wondering the same thing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats on the interview at SLU. Would you mind sharing your stats? MCAT, etc...I just got my interview scheduled with Nora Porter! Anyone interviewed with her before? Advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
II, OOS, LizzyM>75
Congrats! when were you complete?
Congrats! when were you complete?
Thanks! very excited 🙂 complete July 16
You're killing it. Maybe I'll eat some avo for good luck!Thanks! very excited 🙂 complete July 16
You're killing it. Maybe I'll eat some avo for good luck!
haha thanks! I'll support that decision with some guacamole for lunch 😉
Hey guys can someone comment on the safety of the school campus and surrounding community? I have booked interview for September but after looking at the crime maps I am starting to feel worried about my safety being there...
I used to work in a SLU lab near the medical school, and its actually in an up and coming area of St. Louis known as Tower Grove. If you go a couple blocks south of the medical school, the streets are lined with restaurants, bars and large, historic houses. The demographics of the area are rapidly changing (gentrification) and as long as you're not stupid, you're perfectly safe.
It's also worth pointing out that SLU and SLU-Med are nowhere near the current protests.
Just got an II!
I am complete as of 8/25. My stats are 3.55 cGPA, 3.43 sGPA, and 31 MCAT (10/11/10). Hoping for a small miracle 🙂
Just got an II!
Congrats! When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! I was complete on 8/12.Congrats! When were you complete?
II this morning! Complete 7/16 I'm in shock I definitely thought they had passed me by.
II yesterday! Complete 7/25, OOS applicant. SO EXCITED! 

Anyone with a tuesday interview planning on coming early for the informal student dinner on Sunday evening? I'm sure I could find plenty to do in STL on Monday while waiting for a Tuesday interview….although my head might explode from anticipation!
Anyone with a tuesday interview planning on coming early for the informal student dinner on Sunday evening? I'm sure I could find plenty to do in STL on Monday while waiting for a Tuesday interview….although my head might explode from anticipation!
That's why you find fabulous interviewee's willing to work off all that angst at the local public houses...while still drilling one another on interview prompts.
Did anyone leave the essay in the secondary blank? I don't really feel like I have anything significant to add...
Did anyone leave the essay in the secondary blank? I don't really feel like I have anything significant to add...
I left it blank and will be interviewing next month - must be truly optional!
Got an II this morning! Anybody else who is interviewing: did you get a schedule of the day's events? The interview tab on the secondary app website says to arrive 15 min early, but doesn't say when the interview day actually starts.
.
Last edited:
Got an II this morning!
gratts! But you know you gotta tell us your stats and when you were complete 🙂 come on son
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Would you please share when you were complete? Thanks!II!!! Just got the email !!
Interviewing here next week 🙂 Could the people who interviewed here last year or in the last few weeks please shed some light on how the interview day is at SLU?
II this morning!! So excited to interview here! Complete mid July!
thanks for the brochure SLU, but I'd much rather have an interview invite! I already know all about your school!
thanks for the brochure SLU, but I'd much rather have an interview invite! I already know all about your school!
Yeah...what the heck? I checked my mail today and was like "I already applied to you...don't you know that?"